Your diet?

2»

Comments

• Snap!Snap! ✭✭✭

So, breakfast consisted of:

Muesli with a flaxseed sprinkle.

Plus a beverage of natural cyder vinegar with a spoonful of blackstrap molasses (I kid you not) 

... and lots of coffee.

I'm off to the loo.

• Pizza, kebabs, beer, curry and cake.

• Not too dissimilar to other people posting on here. I need a lot of fuel, I train 6 days a week, and on 4 of those I train twice a day. I could never do that 5:2 diet, I'd be snapping everyone's head off on the fast days! image  

Tend to relax on Sundays. Once I've got my long run out of the way, I eat what I please, so if I'm craving something in particular on weekdays I'll put it on my To-Do list for Sunday. But have to say that since I started doing that my cravings have got a bit healthier anyway.

Breakfast - porridge or Bran Flakes with semi-skimmed milk, topped with dried fruit. Fruit smoothie

Mid Morning - Greek Yoghurt and fruit

Lunch - salad with chicken breast or beef or tuna. Couple of tablespoons of couscous/rice/bulgur wheat/quinoa. Or homemade soup with a roll and green salad.

Mid Afternoon - small quantity of mixed nuts

Post Evening Workout - protein shake/ Bounce protein ball/ yoghurt

Dinner - chicken/beef/tuna with salad or cooked veggies, sometimes with baked sweet potato, sometimes with couscous/quinoa etc

Pudding - if still hungry - sugar free jelly or Greek Yoghurt.

Drink water throughout the day, probably 3+ litres. I do like tea and coffee but have been limiting myself to 4 cups a day which is working so far.

• xine267 wrote (see)

so if I'm craving something in particular on weekdays I'll put it on my To-Do list for Sunday. 

love that image

• xine267 wrote (see)

Post Evening Workout - protein shake/ Bounce protein ball/ yoghurt

What are these like?  I spotted them in Waitrose the other day, and was tempted, but then saw that they cost nigh on two quid, so I put it back and plumped for a 69p Nakd bar instead!

• They are quite good - a bit like eating solid peanut butter! - but they are very expensive. I only buy them if I've forgotten to pack my protein shaker or yoghurt (my boxing gym and another studio I go to fairly regularly sell them, so they are good in an emergency)

• Jason Wintin wrote (see)
    xine267 wrote (see)

so if I'm craving something in particular on weekdays I'll put it on my To-Do list for Sunday. 

love that image

image makes me feel less deprived about passing up a slice of cake or bag of vinegar soaked chip-shop chips if I think "I'll be eating you on Sunday!". Quite often I spend the last couple of miles of my long run planning what I'm going to eat afterwards!

• 'so if I'm craving something in particular on weekdays I'll put it on my To-Do list for Sunday. '

What a brill idea, will try that as my intended healthy snacks are well off the radar at the mo, and can't stop the sugar binges, pathetic I know, I know!
  • Snap!Snap! ✭✭✭

I had to switch to soya milk and rice milk after a case of acute pancreatitis - After a year I was given the all clear and I started eating dairy again but full fat milk tasted too creamy and I stuck with skimmed.

Now though, I love full fat milk, and because I don't drink very much (less than a pint a day) I dont see much point in trying to eliminate such a small amount of fat from my diet, and missing out on some really good nutrients. It's said it's better for LDL cholesterol and for muscle repair/building.

My tea tastes better, as does my cereal and all my cooking. So, for me, full fat milk is the way forward.

• anniesophie wrote (see)
    'so if I'm craving something in particular on weekdays I'll put it on my To-Do list for Sunday. '

What a brill idea, will try that as my intended healthy snacks are well off the radar at the mo, and can't stop the sugar binges, pathetic I know, I know!

my sunday would look like this:

To do list:

Go for run

clean car 

walk dog

eat lots of food that ive been saving up all weekimage

• Today - breakfast -2 cups tea, 11's - 3 cups coffee.  I Pilate's class, 30 mins weight training, walked up Monument (311 steps), did 7 miles of walking in total. Thinking about eating something fairly soon - probably grilled lean pork chop, mixed salad, multi-grain yogurt+fresh blueberries, 2 ginger biscuits, 2 squares dark chocolate - I glass fizzy wine (optional).  Fairly typical for mid week. 

Having been a yo yo dieter decided just to exercise as much as I could and eat as little as I was comfortable with - including treats.  Haven't eaten breakfast for over 40 years so feel no need to start.  Only eat at midday when I've running club in the evening (Mon and Weds.)  If doing an ultra or multi day marathons will eat accordingly.  Am now at lower limit of weight of which I feel is right for me - BMI is within acceptable range.  Although I have no hunger problems I don't want to lose any more weight so shall try and add a few more healthy carbs if necessary.

• Snap!Snap! ✭✭✭
    Bear, I couldn't do that. I'd pass out by 11!
  • I think it's just what your body gets used to.  I hated eating breakfast as a child and was always able to go until lunchtime without feeling the need to eat even though I was quite chubby then (positively skeletal by todays' standards though)!

• Unfortunately as a side effect of some prescription medication I'm on I can't eat anything with soy and can't eat grapefruit either. But my typical diet is:

Coffee and pills at 5am before work.
    Low fat cereal and lactose free milk with a banana after arrival in the office.
    Wholemeal sandwich such as turkey and low fat cheese for lunch with an apple or orange for dessert. And I drink 2  to 3 litres of water during the day.

Evening meal tends to be veg based unless it's a swim training evening in which case it's usually an omelette and toast - can't eat before and don't get home until 21:30.

I eat loads of veg and salad items, grains, pasta, very little meat. Don't drink fizzy drinks but do enjoy a glass or two of wine at the weekend. Or an alcohol-free beer.

My OH loves my veggie lasagne, made with aubergine, red peppers and zucchini, tomato puree, low-fat joghurt, topped with low-fat grated cheese.

• K9K9 ✭✭✭
    this doesn't look so good written down...

05:30 white coffee

Swim

08:00 large fruit scone, apple, satsuma, large costa coffee, one Nescaf??

11:00 cheese and chutney wholemeal sandwich, couple of chocolate biscuits, 2 apricots, lychees, 2 more coffees, rice crispies bar, malteser rabbit

13:00 cup of tea

15:00 cup of tea, banana and honey wholemeal sandwich

18:30 run

19:30 pint of sugar free squash

20:00 large bowl pea and pancetta orzo risotto, salad, glass of red, 3 handfuls peanut butter M&Ms, apple, satsuma, handful of raspberries

Can't remember anything else but I do tend to eat anything that passes me so there may have been other snacks.

Breakfast is usually healthier - muesli and yoghurt and fruit, or large bowl porridge, soy milk, dates and honey...
  • Snap!Snap! ✭✭✭
    You're not supposed to give dogs chocolate.

I'll get my coat.