Thursday 7th February

Morning all

What possible 8 commute
Why miles
Lyrics Hey little sister what have you done?
Hey little sister who's the only one?

Calfs a bit stiff still from yesterday so a bit of loosening is needed.

LMH Can't remember the last time I tapered for an HM as I have almost always run them as part of a Marathon build up.

Alehouse Are you still stretching?

Comments

• Morning

Lyrics: Oh yes.image

What:3.5M Steadily done.

Why: Easing back into it

Cold and dry. Forecast is snow later.

Brekkie calling Catch up time

Back later.

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Aero Dynamik by Kraftwert.

Forecast sleet for Sunday and snow for Monday, only work I have to do today is done from home so I'm thinking that I may take advantage of the slightly better forecast for today and try another LSR which would mean I could keep it shorter at the weekend. As long as I accept that it will most likely be slow I think the legs will be up for it.

What:               run of as yet indeterminate length
    Why:                see above
    Last hard:        last year
    Last rest:         4/2

Lyrics - yes.

• morning all,
    congrats to Ale & RFJ's respective offspring on their 4 wheel skills
    Postie nice midweek long run
    lyric - yep, something your not telling us postie..  image
    re yesterdays - Kraftwerk started a week long series of gigs at the Tate yesterday, great review on the first one. Gutted I missed out on tickets.
    what - think girls are training tonight, so I'll do an hour steady. Would like to extend my midweek longer runs, but not really do-able with work hours/kids stuff. Makes me go grrrr when I get the club chats that a few of the guys have done a nice 14-15 miler. Perk of working local/working from home I guess.
    why - midweek
    last rest - 11 days
    last hard - Tuesday

• What: not a lot

Why on and streaming cold. Think I'll give JS group a miss tonight

Last hard: Tuesday

Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics sound familiar

Good news on driving licence passes. We have quite a lot on lessons for 3 of 4 but only have one pass to show for the investment image

BM good start for day as usual
  • Hi all.  A day off (work related as always).  Although for a change I knew this one was coming so it is a planned day off.

Lyrics - yes!!!

Emzap - yes was lots of fun - will do the 100/400 again and maybe even 200 this Saturday

• Oooh, I missed an all German thread and Kraftwerk lyrics image. Love 'em!! But bogged down at work yesterday meant I missed out on all the action. Rubbish weather also meant I missed out on my planned MLR, which now means I have to do 2 of them back to back image

M. sounds like your sprint experience was huge fun. That was a darn quick 8k there yesterday image

what: 13 mile
    why: MLR No. 1
    last hard: work day yesterday!
    last rest: Sunday
    lyrics: oh yes!!

• Nice out if a little chilly - puddles are still frozen - still no wind, sleet or snow to contend with and I managed to remain on my feet throughout. Bonus. Ended up with a sort of accidental 20 but happy to be able to bimble round these and it will make doing a shorter run at the weekend less stressful - assuming the weather is as bad as forecast, if not I may end up with another longish one or do something more domestic/social with the time. The world is my lobster.

No chance of even one a day a week WFH Dustin? Mark has recently negotiated some flexible working to facilitate his training which makes life much easier.

• lmh not really in a position to wfh unfortunately - best opportunity I get is ~90 mins if eldest has hockey training.
    Commuting takes a big chunk ~90 mins each way, mornings not an option: I leave the house at 5:45. But I might start part-running home when it gets lighter, that way I can get off the train, say Wednesday at 5.30-6.00ish, and get a 12-15 miler in and not be too late home.
    Winters are a dog though. 

• afternoon all

lyrics yes, finally!

postie my calves were getting that way, did some tai chi this monring and they feel lots better

I am so cold!!!  But, today I booked the flights for my girlies to come to the UK in July!! whoop whoop

what: Club hill session later

why: schedule says so

last hard: yesterday morning 8 miler

last easy: tuesday

have a good day all

• Afternoon!

No to the lyrics, but yes to feeling cold!

What: 15 to 20 mins this evening, all being well
    Why: first run for a few days due to general anaesthetic

Postie:  I need to stretch more! Need to get back in the habit.

Have spent a large part of the day frustrated by bureaucracy: building regs for a small extension, my mother's power of attorney and an uncle's estate for which I am executor. The latter two I have been told I must go in in person: that's visits of 100 and 200 miles respectively! Won't deal over the phone, by email or letter due to money laundering regulations despite having power of attorney/grant of probate! Not happy, as you may be gathering!

Cheers
    Ale
  • Surely that's unnecessary bureaucracy Alehouse?

Hoe the cold is short lived OH.

The time will fly Wabo!

• Ow Alehouse, that is just beyond words!

Despite everything (work or weather) still some nice mid-week efforts happening.

Yesterday's lyrics I had the band right, at least moving in the right direction. Not so today.

What: 4M Why: collecting run-miles, running off various non-essential frustrations+ planning around a long haul flight over the weekend.

Last hard: Sunday

Last rest: yesterday

• 8 cold ploddy miles into work (7:22).

Calfs still achey so a repeat tomorrow and rest Saturday.

Figured yesterdays lyrics were Kraftwerk but would never have got the song. I do have some on my ipod which I enjoy on the long runs but have no idea on the song titles.

• What: 1.5 mile walk
    Why: it's snowing again and I didn't want to risk another fall as only able to run in the dark.
    Last hard: the pavement a few weeks ago.
    Lyrics: yes

LMH no my thumb is not at a funny angle, I think I have ligament damage which is why it's a short term cast (like I say, I actually have no idea what the doc was saying, all I cared about was the answer to whether I'm allowed to run - yes image )

Some great long runs going on here this week.

Ale wow, not what you need right now.
    Wabo yay, that's exciting!
    OH feel better soon.

Have a good evening all.

• Evening  no snow please  but i wish it had might have softened the  blow i had with the tarmac.

I was nearly home and whallop hit the ground face down a bit battered but i'll survive somehow i declared my retirement  on facebook but  was told not to be silly  not them words Natural reaction

What 6½ miles
    Why: training and not run for a few days
    Last Hard: The ground
    Lyrics: Not the slightest 

• Greetings all,

Dustin are you going to Salisbury on Sat for the XC, if so see you there.

Tonight - 2 x 5 sets of 400m of 100m rec and 200m rec between sets Ran to club and back just over 2.5m each way.... (Splits 1:29, 1:30, 1:29, 1:30, 1:30, 1:30, 1:28, 1:28, 1:28, 1:26 - very happy with consistancy) 8.5m in total

Lyrics - Yes

Take care

• lyrics - yup!

4 miles Inc 10 x 30s hills.  Tough session. Good splits RFJ.

• Evening all,

I might have got back into the training mindset, but I haven't managed to sort out the posting yet!

Praps just as well, difficult couple of days, and you'd all have heard about it.  Silence can be, well, if not golden, a comparative blessing.

I have been doing relatively short runs and started a stairs regime - just at home for now, doing ten ascents in a set, planning to increase the number of sets each day.  It is evident that I've got serious glute weakness of one sort or another, particularly on right side - odd - used to be left side.

But I've got back into the run-to-work mindset, including the short sharkie bits, as recommended by Tinebeest image. This morning, not at work today, got out for 4+ miles, a bit humiliating, really, -

I was trotting along, realised I had been overtaken

(well, that happens quite a lot really)

by a woman

(they're not that much slower than the men)

who was walking

(ears go red)

and pushing a buggy.

Well, that put the lid on it, and galvanised me into something resembling a proper trot.  I managed to overtake her and leave her behind, or maybe she went the other way.

But it was a needed kick in the backside.  Not to go faster as such, but to get my head straight.  Yes, "run" a mountain marathon.  Don't seem likely from here? Perhaps not. But let me tell you, it's a lot better to be trying, however unpromising the starting point, than not.  A lot lot better that my daydreams centre on what I need to do to get the next little bit better.  A very very great deal better being overtaken by a woman pushing a buggy

than being in the bl&&dy buggy, which is where I'll be in short order should I give up.

Go well all.