Nice to Cannes marathon 2013

2»

Comments

• I'm doing this too and looking forward to it! I'm staying in Nice and was going to ask about the shuttle bus back from Cannes but I've just seen the post regarding the train. Does anyone know how far the station is from the finish?

• The train station is about half a mile from the finish.  Just follow the steram of slowly limping people.  Usually there is a queue of about 30 minutes to get on board.  More of a problem is the distance from the station in Nice if you were staying near the sea front.

• I have company for a pasta supper on Saturday somewhere in Nice Vieux Port. If anyone else fancies joining us at 1900 local time please send a text to +44 (0)7752 492055

• Downloaded my results last night and was disappointed to see that the official times are from the gun and not from time crossing the start line. According to my Garmin my run time was just under 3:30 (which I was really pleased with especially in the teeth of the Mistral in the last 5k) but the race timing has added the 90 seconds or so that it took from my place in the starting block to cross the start.  Other races make a distinction, a pity that the race organisers haven't enabled this feature.  Have others been so affected?

• Mike, they have. Click on Marathon Reel under the results, and enter your bib number... 

And yes, that last 5k was a bugger, especially around that double right hander onto the Bvd Croisette. 

• I completed in 4 hours 48 & it was my worse marathon time ever. Enjoyed the location but it was a tough run. No way was it flat. Going great guns for the first 17 miles, but the wind round the headland made me sick & could not pick up pace after. Anyone else agree xAnyone else agree
  • I also did 4hr 48 my worst ever time. I also found it very difficult after 17 miles, after which time I tried to enjoy the race as I knew I wouldn't get a decent time, agree the wind along the coastline was not nice at times. On the plus side there were lots of drinks station & food, and the view along the coast did allow me to forget about the pain in my legs!