Royal Marines Commando Challenge

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    wanna see wanna see! looked this morning, mind you why I want to see myself like a drowned rat is beyond me and all my mates who think I have seriously lost the plot, what do they know!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Cheers comm. meerkat, will keep eye on web site.

Ed
  • Briliant. Well done MK and H. Welcome to the mud club.

Tough Guy...?
  • They'd be up for it if there was sufficient male totty there !!

Hey - RichardM's doing it !

C'mon Meerkat - ya know you want to !
  • Howdie all, a flying visit from an internet cafe as I haven't got back home yet...

What a fab event. My knees and shins are bruised and scraped, my toenails are still mud coloured, and it's been a great weekend.

All those tunnels, (black'n'bendy etc), two mud dips (black then orange - just for variety), getting stuck in the sheep dip, runnning through gorse bushes following a stream uphill, getting soaked to the skin and submerged under concrete, non-stop hills with stony and slippery paths too steep to run up or down, the rock slide down into Peter's Pool and water that took my breath away etc etc. Do go to the site and have a look at the map (Meerkat has understated the number of obstacles), but so much fun.

And I have to say a really big thank you to my team member Meerkat, who was quite capable of running this much faster than me, but stayed back with me as I laboured us through to a 46 minute 5k. No other 5k is ever going to be as hard!

Will I be back next year - oh yes!

Was also there on Sunday supporting a team from work on the 7 mile (which starts with a 2 mile run uphill to the common) - yee- hah, it was great. 12 very very wet and muddy colleagues were grinning all over their face when they finished, and also promising to do it again.

Well done to all the organisers, and hope the RW photographer got some good shots.
  • Wabo et al, saw you guys, and laughed at your shirts. Well done, you looked good. There were two Dream Teams, my group from work started dressed in white, about a dozen of them, so I gues you mean team 2, not our hunky guys (plus one very fit young lady)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hi Helen, the dream team we saw had at least a couple of girls, fit girls my team said! What fun was that though, any tips about getting toes back to normal colour? May use bleach, tried brush and they still orange!
    Yeah the t shirts got a few lewd shouts I can tell you, in fact the dream team girls egged us on with a come on you ****ers!
    We are all going back next year for sure, in the meantime Grim...
    Not sure if we up to tough guy???
  • We were team 5, Commandoly Challenged. This is FAB event. I'd recommend it to anyone! Well organised and the everyone was really helpful and friendly. We even managed a mud fight after the submerged tunnel, just nicely muddy before we had our team photo! It was great, We flew back on the 2 mile run home, grinning all the way, and we just wanted to go around again. Magic!
  • I knew that the Crocked Knee Team would do us proud. Well done to Commando Meerkat and Helegant. Sounds like you had great fun. I WAS thinking of you at 9.32 onwards and feeling very glum to not being there. NEXT YEAR or is it off to GRIM and TOUGHGUY NOW As a Team of 3???? Cause I will be back....!!!
  • Well done, Wabo and Angela. I definitely want to do the 7-miler next year.
    Cougs and Rabbit - stop!!! Oh well, okay then...
  • Hey Helen - Congratulations! You did the team proud! Love the report. Have a safe trip home! Have fun!

• Well done Wabo , you lost the plot a long time ago along with the rest of us!!.

How can you say that you aren't up to the tough guy , I may even give it a try next year and you know what i'm built like!.

By the way , while you were having fun doing this , I was taking 1:40:59 to get around the stevenage half but don't mention it to anyone !!, I still cant believe it myself , ho hum!!
  • OK, I've signed up for Grim.

Tough Guy???!!! lol Richard, I think I'll leave that to you this time round :-)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Well if mr cates does tough guy then so can I! What you insinuating about my build mr cates????
    Well done everyone, we saw team 5 on the way out, well done again!
  • JjJj ✭✭✭
    Mud???

Soldiers????

Where do I sign????
  • JJ, there were at least 25 Marines out on the course, but they all looked so young!
  • Hi Everyone,

I really would like to thank all of you for coming along to the 2003 RM Commando Challenge - what a weekend.

Both days were superb and my lasting impression will be the amount of humour shown by all - both before the start and after the finish. I took the 'all ready' call from the Officer Commanding the Royal Marines at 0920 on Sunday morning followed by a plea not to get his guys quite as wet as the teams did on Saturday. Apparently Teams were chasing Marines round the obstacles. What a testimony to a fun and enjoyable weekend.

I did meet with the two lovely ladies and even had my pic taken with them - thanks girls it really is great as an event organiser to get such positive feedback.

The really really exciting news is, bearing in mind it is a charity event, is the event will have raised in excess of £70k when all the money is in.

All this money AND Marines - what more could an event organiser want?

A big thank you to everyone for making the event so successfull.

Kind regards

Alan
  • Alan - thank YOU. It was a wonderful event although Helegant and I obviously made a huge mistake because we failed to chase any Marines. We will put this right next year!! You're brilliant for having organised such a special weekend.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ditto what commando meerkat says, can I be commando wabo now?? see you all at grim!
  • Ditto Meerkat's comments - a good event.
  • JjJj ✭✭✭
    Helen - re your previous comment - you say that like it's A Bad Thing!

;o)
  • Excellent feedback from the team here at work, they enjoyed it too. One man has his t shirt on display, it failed the Persil challenge :-)
  • Ive got about 1,000 tshirts which were left behind and which used to be any other colour but grey?

Lost count of the number of sets of underwear left in the Gents and Ladies.....

Alan
  • the results are up on the web site if anyone is interested.

ED
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    seen results, just one prob; team p.h.u.k.'ers came 10th - as men! See my problem is that I am most def a woman, in spite of my comments re lack of chest!
    I think we are 11th mixed and we happy with that - all thanks to CommandER Paul who shouted and swore at us all the way round..... yes Meerkat we will make him go round alone next year!
  • Well done, Wabo! Helegant and I were 13th in the women's, and 8th on time alone. Very happy! And we beat the very very young ladies by 15 mins. Girl and vet power!! Now determined to get under 38 mins for next year...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Wow! You go girls!!!
    Was that vet power or wet power???
  • Very wet power Wabo, and you can see...
    Helegant and meerkat look like drowned rats
    Helegant is number 0119 and I'm 0120 and 0120!