Royal Marines Commando Challenge

13»

Comments

• Shame we got to the black mud before the photographer though...

Suggestion for next year - have a photographer at the sheep dip, that has to be a perfect photo opportunity.
  • http://www.commando2003.co.uk/nov1wt/0945.htm for those who can't click on teh link above. Wabo, what number pic are you?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I am drowned rat pic 2309, you can see me waiting with my team to get wet in 2306, my boss is 2307. I lead only once that day and it was when they took our team pic in the bog so I am absent, was probably wandering round mumbling to myself! Going to view your pics now, it's lunchtime so no probs with bossman!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Just viewed pics, they are so good aren't they? I have to get them so that all the people who think I am mad will know....
    My other boss now reminds me that he's been to hell and back..he is feeling bit jealous 'cos he's not a commando!!
  • Just a note gang - set the dates for 2004 as 23 and 24 October. The weekend BEFORE the clocks go back so that we have an hours more daylight.

YIPEEEE - more time for more teams.

Put it in your diaries.

Regards

Alan
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    It's in my diary!!! The p.h.u.k.ers will be return!!!
  • Can I take this opportunity to thank everyone for their words of praise for the event - they have arrived in all manner of ways from emails, to this Forum to letters and telephone calls.

Means a lot to know that you guys enjoyed it and are looking forward to next year.

By-the-way, one Team have suggested we have some sort of event bash either on the Saturday night between the 3 and 7 mile challenges or a week or so later!!

I appreciate later would be impossible for those teams travelling, but the Saturday night might be a goer.

We could certainly look at something on the Saturday at the venue as they have a bar and catering and Im certain Gemini Radio could supply the entertainment. There would obviously be a cost to the teams to cover the necessary expenditure, but it goes without saying that this would be kept to a minimum.

What ya'all think?

Alan
  • Could you tell me the website address of the challenge? My sister and neices did the event and are muddy specs in some of the pictures. It would be good to have a look
  • Go to the event website at www.commandochallenge.co.uk and follow the link on the front page to the Photographs, I think it is something like www.challenge2003.co.uk or www.commando2003.co.uk.

I hope this helps.

Alan
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    get together sat sounds good to me!
    We needed organising on the sat night this year,we wandered round aimlessly, bit like on the sunday morning really.....
  • Looks very likely that there will be a Saturday night bash after the 3 miler and before the 7 miler for those able to attend.

Watch this space for more info.

Alan