Options

Trionium Knacker Cracker 10K

Comments

• Options

Two sweeps have come out of the woodwork (thanks Rob and Helen) but any other marshals gratefully accepted!.

Mark Clawson above is now sorted.

• Options

I have decided on a whim that I need a crazy challenge to start off 2014 and I would totally love to do this race!

So, it's a 'bit' late in the day but if anyone has a place going due to last minute changes of plan please let me know! jen_20K@yahoo.co.uk.

If not, to those who are running, have fun, and have a fantastic year everyone image

• Options

Just reading the instructions - where it says "no studs" does that mean no fell shoes (as opposed to trail shoes)?

• Options

No, that means no spikes and no football boots or the like.

fell or trail shoes have rubber lugs, which should be ok to kick or trip somebody with.

or so I think, lol.

• Options

Hi, would really like to do this run tomorrow. If anyone as a place for sale please email me at thomasgrimshaw@me.com and we can arrange payment and transfering place

Many Thanks

Tom

• Options

Drove past the Smith and Western crossing, it was looking even more deeply muddy than usual image

• Options
    if anyone has a spare slot and can't use it I'll be on 07814833868 (text is best initially) I'll be headed from Hampshire and can pay en route or at the start area. Very keen to run!

Cheers.
  • Options

After having been out to mark up the course, I can tell you with hand on heart, it's very muddy (no surprises) and there are several trees down, but it's runnable. Forecast is for increasingly heavy rain from mid-day or so. Good luck all, and Happy New Year!

• Options

Happy new year!!  As well as heavy rain, 24 mile an hour winds are predicted... I'm looking forward to being smug afterwards.....

• Options

Thanks Rob for another great race.I was the one dressed in Blue Latex as a Smurf.

Sorry I could not stay for the presentations due to being very cold.

Regards

Nick

• Options

Awwww sorry to have missed you Nick.  It was a fantastic event this year.  Stories will be told about it for many years!

• Options
    Congratulations to all those crazy brave runners who tackled the Knacker Cracker Course on Box Hill today , some superb costumes again and despite the horrendous weather , lot and lots of heavy rain with a hurricane blowing everywhere , I believe everyone made it safely back to their cars ok !!

This is one way to wake up and smile into 2014 , hope the pictures turn out ok for all the runners.

Well done Rob on another fantastic event , that is why the trail event is voted as number one in the UK !!!
  • Options

Blitz Spirit...

• Options
    My first time today. Great race. Pity someone moved the signs. Anyone know how much of the field went the wrong way?
  • Options

Your marshals were absolutely amazing today Rob and are to be highly commended. image

• Options

As one of the leaders I feel a certain responsibility for sending everyone the wrong way...sorry folks. It was that fork in the path just after the car park at the top of the hill. 30 meters ahead on each track was a strip of tape. The sign showing the direction had blown over and was pointing in some third direction. Sadly we took the wrong fork.

Still, in those conditions, 6km didn't feel so bad.

Thanks to Rob for organising a great race and to all of the Marshall's who braved the horrendous weather to make it happen. Great way to start the New Year.

• Options

A very big thank you to the race organisers and all the marshalls who bravely stood in the driving rain but still managed lots of encouragement and smiles. It was my first time running this event and I thoroughly enjoyed it despite the far-from-perfect weather conditions and us taking a wrong turning resulting in a shorter course distance. Also want to say thank you to the other runners who were very supportive and encouraging, loved seeing all the fancy dress costumes. Happy New Year to you all image

• Options

Thanks so much Dr Rob & all the others for putting on a great race in the circumstances - especially the marshals braving the rain.  Pity the weather meant no costume parade, however the cupcakes meant to bribe the judges were put to good use afterwards...

• Options
    Phil_HPhil_H ✭✭✭

Haha ! And I thought Rob was being kind to the very intrepid marshals (many many thanks to them) and shortening the route ! I am not complaining at all as when I realised we had not 'gone down the back' I picked up my pace and still managed a first of getting up those !"£$% steps without dropping to a walk image In those conditions, I think a shorter race was better for the marshals (and some skimpily-clad peeps), so anyone who complains should try standing out in force 6 gusting 9 rain for an hour.

If it doesn't rain next year I promise to wear even more pinkimage

• Options

Just want to echo what has been said already - brilliant event, wonderful friendly marshalls doing a superb job. Loved the sweets en route. Got a bit of jelly baby stuck up my nose at the bottom of the stairs only for it to shoot out half way back up the hill when I started laughing uncontrollably at my knackered half-drenched unfit self hauling it up what seemed like a near vertical gradient in a christmas pudding outfit - classy. Generous gifts of medal, shirt, hat and soup. Thankyou for a wonderful event that I would recommend to anyone. Worth the 3hr drive.

• Options

I cannot believe how many 'nutters' turned up today in those conditions. Well done everyone, particularly those in full-on fancy dress, and an even huger well done to the marshals who really must have been suffering out there for us. Shorter route or not, it was better to be out there than indoors and it was a fantastic start to the new year. Thanks Rob and co for an all-out bracing bit of fun.

• Options

Bonkers....what more is there to say apart from thanks to Dr Rob and the marshalls for braving the elements and ensuring the race carried on.  My son and I thoroughly enjoyed the course dressed as two of the many Where Wallys; I'm not sure that the outfits are going to survive though.  The funniest sight that I saw today was a Cyberman gingerly picking his way down the steps towards the river, never have I seen someone concentrating quite so hard yet looking so ridiculously brilliant in the circumstances!  Great stuff, and well done to all the fancy dress runners that encouraged each other around the course in the challenging conditions.

• Options

I paced my self for a 10k run run and have never been so happy to finish a four miler. The organisation as always is splendid. Some of the fancy dressers are mad! See you all in the summer on the Hill......

• Options

Thank you all for your very kind comments - they really do mean a lot to me.

Thankfully our generation has never had to go through something like the Blitz, but today - out there in the freezing, driving rain - I think that we - runners and marshals alike - showed that we would have had what it takes.

• Options

Thank you marshals, organisers, supporters and runners for an amazing race, we were lucky it still went ahead! Missing a few km never hurt anyone in those conditions! Proud to be a nutter! See you 2015.

• Options

Thanks Rob and all the marshals for putting on a good event. Too bad about the shorter route, but given the conditions, most people seemed happy about it. It was a fantastic event and a very generous post race meal and goody bag.

• Options

Thanks to everyone for a great start to the New Year - always a great run whatever the weather, and thanks for a t-shirt i'll be proud to wear. Look forward to next year!

• Options

Having run quite a few Trionium events I know Box  Hill very well (very very well). Trouble was that I was in Dalek mode so blindly followed orders (actually the runner in front) and did the shorter version.(I thought Dr Rob was being kind). Never mind - enough rain wind steps and mud to keep us happy. Great fun day. Thanks to all who organised and marshalled.

• Options

It was definitely a bit windy at times...

video

• Options

Nice one! No wonder we gave up on the tables and went to plan B.