RW Marathon FLM Beginners - Kerry

Comments

• good idea ladies
    keepit up
  • Kerry I think you're supposed to buy the boots before you do the walking?
  • Philippa... sounds good to me... let me know when you have a free weekend...

Humungous hippo... how are you?? You keep changing name...??

TR - I bought the boots as motivation to do some more walking... I haven't quite managed to get any dirt on them yet but I'm working on it ;)
  • kerry
    Im having a bit of a bad patch

youll have one too, it happens during marathon training

when yu think, whats the bloody point im not getting any better
    So keep posting on here
    xx
  • did i hear my name ?
    aha so you are doing stratford as part of your romantic weekend away tim? excellent

oh dear.. in danger of hijacking the thread... say something relevant.. umm
    GO KERRY :D
  • My cheque is still uncashed so I suspect I'll have to chase a club place if I want to run the thing.
    I'll be there anyway cos we're down in London that weekend anyway.

Yes Ed, we've noticed MacBeth is on at Stratford the marathon weekend. Now all we have to do is get the kids off our hands.....

Oh yes

GO KERRY!!!!
  • Hi all
    Thought I'd give you a quick update on my progress...

Keith has finally let me do small amounts of jogging - yippee!!

I'm now allowed to do this... 14 mins walk warm up - 5 mins run and 3 mins steady walk x 4 with 14 mins walk cool down and good stretch ... which is very exciting!!

The weight loss is still going well... 28 lbs in total now... I'm very happy!!

How's everyone else??
  • Brilliant progress, well done.
    How do you feel doing the running?
  • Easy peasy... though I was on the treadmill merrily jogging away yesterday and there was a power cut which wasn't so pleasant... I had a very close encounter with the treadmills console!!
  • That sounds like fun (not). I can't imagine what the effect of a power cut would be if you were going flat out (treadmill top speed 16km/hr?)
    Anyone else affected?
  • You are doing brilliantly. It's really inspirational reading about your progress. You keep at it!

(~:
  • Yippee, yippee, yippee (HH is dancing around the floor causing mass destruction)... congrats on getting in Evil Pixie.... I'm more than happy for you to see my training programme but just bear in mind it is geared more towards losing weight than lots of running at the moment...

Monday -
    60 mins cardio at the gym

Tuesday -
    60 mins on treadmill - 10 mins brisk walking followed by 3 x 10 minutes
    running @7.5km/hr with 2 min walk between running and 10 mins steady walk
    cool down
    60 mins personal training

Wednesday -
    60 minutes on bike with slight resistance
    30 minute swim

Thursday -
    60 mins on the treadmill - 10 minutes brisk walk, 5 mins run @8km/hr and 3
    mins walk (x 5), then 10 mins steady walk
    15 mins on the stepper

Friday -
    60 mins easy on bike and a good stretch
    45 minute personal training
    session

Saturday -
    120 mins biking
    30 mins swimming

Sunday -
    45 mins walk warm up - 10 mins easy run and 5 mins brisk walk x 4 with 45
    mins walk cool down and good stretch
    20 min stretching session
  • Before Kerry's schedule makes you want to pull out now ... look at mine, much easier. I only began jogging a few weeks ago, have done no jogging for the last month because of a calf injury, but even then the most I had run non-stop was about 10 minutes - my training involved running two mins, walking one, over and over for up to 75 minutes. Have mainly just swum for the last month .. started off cycling, but then switiched to swimming as cycling hurt my calf. Have had one physio session on the calf, which feels better, and this is my schedule for the next few days:
    Friday - Cycle for 30 mins and have a good stretch. If this is ok try a
    minute walk 5 minute slow jog and 10 minute walk
    Sat - Brisk walk (no running) for 90 minutes
    Sun - Walk to warm up 10 mins, then jog 2 mins, walk one minute, and
    repeat
    5 times walk 10 mins to finish.
    Mon - cycle round Richmond Park 60mins?

Philippa
  • Kerry

My goodness-that looks like hard work! Keep at it girl.

Philippa, I'm glad your calf is improving. I'll cross my fingers for you that the next few days go OK.

Anne
  • Oh Philippa, nostalgia-I used to cycle round Richmond park many years ago before we moved.
    Do an extra lap for me won't you?
  • Just stick my nose in to say hi again. from these few posts it sounds like its going not bad at all.

Still cheering for you, but you could here that I'm sure anyway.

Marj
  • hows it going kerry
    are you allowed to say
  • Hi stickless & swh...

Sorry I've been a bit slack in keeping everyone up to date with my progress. I have now lost 35 lbs... (but still a long way to go)... and have been running for a couple of weeks now... still doing run/walk type program but can now do 15 min run, 5 min walk x 4... albeit very slowly!! I'm doing the Stevenage 5k tonight so that will be a challenge... especially since it's so cold today and the race isn't until 7.30pm... brrrr... I'm getting cold thinking about it!!
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Wow, Kerry, 35lb!! That's fantastic. And 15 min x 4 is brilliant in so short a time.

Good luck with the 5k - I'm sure you'll find it easier than you think.
  • Thanks Nessie... I think the running has progressed quickly cause Keith (our coach from TrailPlus) built my fitness up a lot before he let me start doing any running...
  • Kerry - you're an inspiration to us all - for the weight loss, for the running and for your cheerfulness!
    Please let us all know how you get on in the 5K.
    Well done again on the fantastic weight loss
  • You are doing brilliantly Kerry. Hope you had fun on the 5k. That's what it's all about at the end of the day isn't it.

(~:
  • I hope you really enjoy the 5k tonight, Kerry.
    You are doing incredibly well with the weight loss and the running, and you seem totally committed to achieving your goal.
    Well done

• How'd it go Kerry? Hope you enjoyed it.
  • Hi everyone...
    Well the 5k was fantastic!! I ran the first half very slowly 19 mins, and ran the second half in 16 mins... not world records but I was very pleased... I'm looking out for another 5k now... anyone know of any coming up soon around London/Herts/Essex way??

Thanks everyone for your support!!
  • thats a great time kerry
    and a negative split too
  • Could I have raspberry sauce on my negative split please?

Well done that girl!
  • That is fantastic! You're progress is amazing. I'm going to have to scroll back to your diet plan. I remember reading it and thinking how tough it looked but you are proving how effective it is. I have so much admiration for your will power, mine seems to have gone out of the window and the weight is doing the opposite of yours! (~:

Have you pre-registered on the race for life web site? Oodles of 5k's, but I don't know when they start. Probably after the big day! Have you done a count down? How long is it off? I'm really excited for you. I have resolved that next year I'll go for it too ... it will take me that long to build up to it ... a 10k nearly finished me off (~: It is all a matter of keep plugging away isn't it.
  • That's a commendable 5k time, Kerry. Well done