Friday 1st March 2013

Morning

Happy St Davids Day to any Welsh friends on here.

Todays lyrics:Well, we bursted out of class

Yesterdays lyrics: Tears in heaven by Eric Clapton.

What:4M Tempo run.

Why: Not bad, bit of a blow out .Dry, no wind or fog.

Coffee calling and then catch up

Comments

• Morning.

Happy St David's Day to anyone that celebrates.

Great news on the swimming Blister's - it's definitely moving in the right direction.

Sounds like a good three miles there Stickless. Hope you can settle the legs.

Was planning on my second swim of the week today (missed earlier to settle shoulder) but my dear husband has man flu and has been doing his best to share it. Whether it's that or a result of being kept awake by his snuffling and snoring for the past few nights I'm not sure but my RHR and glands are up and throat is sore so common sense must prevail.

What:                      rest
    Why:                       see above
    Last hard:               24/2
    Last rest:                23/2

Lyrics - I think so.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

Morning all

Happy St Davids day indeed!

LMH oh dear I hope you keep that man flu at bay!

Had a good 4 mile fartlek run withteh club last night and then went to the pub! Nice, lots of club mates asking me where I am disappearing to, lol, apparently my legs are skinny! They have never been big but definitely are leaner and harder!

What: gym no running

why: rest day at last

last hard: last night

last easy: monday

I have a half marathon on sunday and will be happy if I nip under 2 but the bigger picture is I am supposed to do 18 so I am not sure it can happen.  I will be running there which is 3.25 doing the race and then maybe a few slow laps of thetrack to make it up, see how it all pans out! 

Have a good weekend one and all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Happy Friday...
    LmH - well us men, when we're ill....I am still impressed that you can throw out 20+ milers on a whim...
    Stickless - its all good miles!
    NZC - nice run, and good news you are mending
    Postie, RFJ, Blisters, Chicka, 40, Wabo, tine, donaldo, OH - all good training yesterday.
    Laast night had a 2 hour window (eldest hockey). Spent the first 20 minutes talking to the track coach, so was pretty cold by the time I headed off (at 8:30pm)...tempo pace to start to get me warm. 11.1 miles in total, last 2 on the track as warm down: just over 86 minutes. First 9 however on roads were about 7:30 mile pace. Pretty pleased really as I would like to get a decent midweek run in and should be able to get up to 13 or 14 if I don't stand about talking....
    what - 4 easy
    why - recovery
    last rest - weds
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - nope

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

x-post - good luck Sunday Wabo, I'm sure you'll dip under 2hrs!

• What: lots of miles (but no running!)
    Why: Travel to Poole later today
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Saturday

Lyrics: no

Hope all goes well on Sunday Wabo. I could never bring myself to do more on a race day (whatever the length)
    LM.H Hope you escape M's bug

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Blisters: excellent swimming

Dustin: pretty speedy running - are you running a marathon this year?

wabo: good luck at the half

LMH: hope it's not manflu for you

Little M.iss Happy wrote (see)

Nice speed chickadeee! What's the target this time round?

would love to get around the 3:25 mark, but anything below 3:29, i. e. a PB will do me fine. Have a HM on April 1st which should help me to decide on MP.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

whoops - forgot to post training

what: 5 miles am, 7 with 5x1200s pm
    why: too tired this morning to do this as one session before work
    last hard: I reckon that'll be tonight
    last rest: Monday
    lyrics: yes

242 miles for February image

• Men! 21 miles run yesterday, peak flow down 100 today. Not looking good for the weekend, though I shall attempt drowning it (the lurgy, not my husband) in red wine this evening and see what that does.

Wabo - I found it ok doing a mile warm up before the race then sticking my cardi straight on after (I'd left it at the start/finish) and jogging round a couple of miles - and the faster 13 will more than make up the difference between that and the 18 on your schedule.

• tinebeesttinebeest ✭✭✭

nice session, Donaldo.

Postie: aaaah, hills. I remember them... vaguely. 

RFJ- the idea of what is sensible in such circumstances seems highly individual image

NZC: nice one for a come back.

Stickless: hope the groin/hip issues go away (and don't trade places with something else that is annoying). But glad to hear you like the reintroduction of the sharkie bits.

Blisters: must be a great feeling! 

LMH: oh, man flu is actually real? hope you don't catch anything serious from it. Drowning it that way would not work for me, but I'm interested to hear how it works for you.

Wabo: image

Dustin: sounds indeed like a decent mid-week run. 

OH: hope you at least get a chance to stretch out

Chickadee: doesn't sound too bad for somebody tired.

What: just shy of 4M running to and from the stairs, then 11 times up and down, so 1100+ steps

why: friday is for stairs

last hard: that was

last rest: wednesday

The encouraging thing is the way I managed to get home. I usually am wiped out and can barely shuffle/jog home. Today I walked a bit, then ran home in 12-13', about 2' faster than I covered that same stretch when going out. Confidence building: check!

• Tinebeest - I'm hoping the germs will drown! Confidence giving run indeed - excellent progress.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Lyrics: no

What: nowt
    Why: planned rest. Legs seems tired from all that walking. It could of course be from working as I have spent the majority of the week on my feet. I keep forgetting that it is only 2 weeks ago today that I had my treatment, so that may play a part!

Wabo:  unfortunately I keep getting the opposite sort of comments about my weight! Enjoy Sunday!

Seems to be some pretty good training going on. LMH:  you won't catch man-flu. It is impossible for the female of the species!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • It must be some kind of mutant variation Alehouse image

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all

a nice recovery day today... just 3m on the treadmill then a slouch in the steam room at the gym..... has to be done every now and then

Parkrun in th emorning followed by Bath Half on Sunday...

Take care