It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I'm hoping you can help, I recently upped my training as I'm running a marathon later this year. The problem I'm having is, after my long training runs I'm feeling very ill and actually vomited today.
Previously I have trained to complete half marathons so not gone past 7or8 miles on long runs. Obviously now I need to get more miles into my legs so have started getting up to 14 and 15 miles.
Physically I'm feel good during my running with only the legs starting to tire towards the end. The problems occur about an hour after my runs, I start to feel really grotty and as mentioned vomited today.
I do my big runs at the weekend so usually get up, have a small amount of cereal and about a pint of water and then hit the road about 20/30 minutes later. I have to admit that I've not been hydrating during my runs (which is probably a mistake) but as soon as I get back I take on water while I'm streching out. I got told my a trainer not to eat for at least an hour after training as eating straight away encourages muscle bulk. Obviously I want to stay lean for distance running.
Previously my half m training long runs were about an hour but now I'm out for just over 2 hours.
Any advise and comments are welcome. Oh and if possible I don't want to have to go out and buy expensive drinks or supplements unless absolutely necessary.