Options

South Cheshire 20M

13»

Comments

• Options

Thank you so very much for a great race! Great atmosphere; the marshalls were dancing at one point, and the hills....well, they werent half as bad as I thought they were going to be! Amazing day, thank you image

• Options

Thanks to all involved in the fantastic event today! It was absolutely great and has given me loads of confidence for Chester which I don't think is going to be quite so hilly! A most enjoyable morning and great value with good T shirt and lovely cakes ....thanks again.

• Options

Great race! Really well marshalled, plenty of drink stations and jelly babies galore!  Very thankful for the massage afterwards too.  Gingerbread man was a nice touch,although my kids gobbled that up. Nice t shirt. Overall a great value race....i'd like to say I'll be back next year but I'm still aching too much!

• Options

Wow, very long and tough as a slower runner, but what a great friendly event and just how enthusiastic and supportive were the Marshalls? The organisers should be very proud of themselves tonight (as should the runners obviously.... ).Prefect long slow run prep for Chester for me. Well done everyone... 

• Options

Results are up (were up last night in fact). We had a slight hiccup (almost literally - the person reading times out got a frog in his throat and was inaudible for a few seconds) somewhere around positions 130-140 but think we sorted as it involved several people crossing on the same or very similar time. But if you think your time is out by more than a couple of seconds get in touch and I'll have a look.

You'll also see that there are now photos up on Bryan's site.

http://www.racephotos.org.uk/SouthCheshire202013Result.pdf

Thanks again for all the kind comments - very glad people got what they wanted from the race & if you're doing an autumn marathon next year, you know where to come.

• Options

Again, a brilliant race. The weather was definitely better than last year. The marshalls were brilliant aswell, especially the lady between 17-18 miles whos words of encouragement certainly spurred me on as I was beginning to struggle at the time. Got a PB (for any distance) today, my first for about 6 years, so over the moon to say the least.

Thanks to everyone involved. To echo other comments, the club should be very proud of itself.

Also please pass on thanks to the race photographer as the photos there so far are excellent.

Regards

Gazza

• Options

Excellent race, and perfect for an Autumn marathon. Can't fault it and even the weather turned out OK.

• Options

Have put together a bit of a race report here for anyone that would like a quick read image

• Options

That's brilliant - thanks for sharing that. I'm going to round up these great comments and pass them on to my clubmates. I've looked after this race for the past five years and I'm handing it on next year, though I'll stay involved in some capacity: I'm always especially pleased when people like the t-shirts because I 'designed' those myself after I got tired of yet another race t-shirt you wouldn't dream of wearing.

Sounds like you had an amazing run too!

• Options

Excellent race.  Fantastic marathon prep but I enjoyed it and would do it again as a stand alone race as well. Organisation was spot on and marshals all great.  Thanks very much to all involved.  A great deal of effort goes into making a race of this length work so well and I am very appreciative. Hit hoped for marathon pace so good confidence boost for Chester. Definitely on my calendar for next year. 

• Options

Thank you tiny runner for fab race report...pretty much my experience except slower but thats fine because I am a lot older! So looking forward to chester now that's gone so well....if I can do under 4 hours I will be SO hapoy and that was the prep I needed. Ifully echo your comments re T shirt and photos...fantastic bonus!

• Options

Thank you Bev.  Really glad that you had a great race too image.  That race is pretty much perfect prep for an autumn marathon.  I've got my fingers crossed for you for Chester, I'm sure you'll smash it image

• Options

Hello Tiny Runner 85

Brilliant race report. You paced it really well.

I only registered my 5 mile splits (approx times) 5m - 38m, 10m - 1h 18m, 15m - 1h 58m and finish 2h 38m 49s. I set off too fast and really struggled to keep the pace going, so you did it the right way, finish strong (and fast if possible).

I noticed my last two miles were approx 8.30 pace as I lost about a minute in those miles.

• Options

Happy to say doing this one this year you can find me in the back runners lol rember the person who comes last gets as much applause as the person who comes first.