Red Nose Day

2»

Comments

• MartenkayMartenkay ✭✭✭
    SuperCaz wrote (see)

Its costing me £3000 to take part in my own personal challenge for charity.  Plus hotels, training camps, kit, travel costs etc.

It would be rather nice if someone was to follow me with a TV camera and pay me for the privilege.  then I could spend my time on the training and fund raising instead of trying to work out how to meet the next payment

Tell your local T.V. station!  Tell RW!

You may be surprised to find that they are always on the lookout for a good story. They will make some contribution if they take up your story.

• Most, of course, are simply young people trying to earn some money. I find the anti-chugger thing a bit 'shoot the messenger'. While we're at it, if you're talking about 'their CEO', you're usually talking about the CEO of the fundraising company/consultancy that the charity has employed, rather than the charity itself. 

• carterusmcarterusm ✭✭✭
    Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    It would be better to teach proper contraception to the third world, rather than propping up families with 10 kids

I think we should get our own house in order before we start preaching to anyone else

• that's right, but I'm really only doing it to be as annoying to them as they are to me. The preciseness of the information doesn't matter, I don't really care what their CEO (or else) is paid.

I don't object to fundraising, or even to people politely stopping me in the street, but I do object to students.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    Martenkay wrote (see)
    SuperCaz wrote (see)

Its costing me £3000 to take part in my own personal challenge for charity.  Plus hotels, training camps, kit, travel costs etc.

It would be rather nice if someone was to follow me with a TV camera and pay me for the privilege.  then I could spend my time on the training and fund raising instead of trying to work out how to meet the next payment

Tell your local T.V. station!  Tell RW!

You may be surprised to find that they are always on the lookout for a good story. They will make some contribution if they take up your story.

Nice idea Martin, but nobody is interested except friends and family.  I will be asking my gym for some sort of support in the next few days.  I spend enough hours there and am willing to give them publicity.  Trouble is that there are so many people doing interesting things for charity that nobody has the money to support them all and the papers can't fit them all in without being over run by them

• Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    It would be better to teach proper contraception to the third world, rather than propping up families with 10 kids

its  a vicious circle........until the children can be educated to get good jobs and then see the benefit of only having a few children themselves they will continue to have many children in the hope that enough will survive to look after them in their old age.......

the same as in this country 120 years ago....its eduction of children....not birth control that will make the difference

• seren nos wrote (see)

its  a vicious circle........until the children can be educated to get good jobs and then see the benefit of only having a few children themselves they will continue to have many children in the hope that enough will survive to look after them in their old age.......

the same as in this country 120 years ago....its eduction of children....not birth control that will make the difference

And, for some parts of the world, a much more liberal Pope would help. Not holding my breath.

•  

seren nos wrote (see)

It's lower infant mortality that ultimately leads to a lower birth rate - if you know your children are going to survive then you dont need to have so many. That comes about through a combination of management of resources (i.e. ensuring food is plentiful and water is clean) and public health policy. The starting point for all of it is famine prevention which is easier said than done.

• I like that 'eduction of children'!

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

Dude, I work in London - never noted for polite people!

Perhaps it's that I smile, and say "no thanks" politely, rather than just blanking them.  They're not used to it, and it confuses them image

• I've noticed that the Big Issue sellers in Nottingham are going beyond their remit. If you say "No thanks, not today" they then ask if you have any spare change. I don't think that they are supposed to do that. image

http://www.bigissueinthenorth.com/about

• rickster - mine offers his joke/song of the day instead, as he says the magazine is 'shite'. if his joke is good i give him a quid.

• the dude abides wrote (see)

rickster - mine offers his joke/song of the day instead, as he says the magazine is 'shite'. if his joke is good i give him a quid.

Now that does sound like a good deal. image

• Ok just turned the RND programme for a minute and had to turn away. Who finds this crap funny?
  • GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    carterusm wrote (see)

I think we should get our own house in order before we start preaching to anyone else

Isn't the preaching the job of the catholic church?

• Nope that's about sha$$ing choir boys
  • what a great show! the celebrities definitely earned every penny of their fee.

• I'd rather someone rammed a pineapple up my arse than watch Red Nose Day on the Beeb. About as funny as having your haemorrhoids scraped.
  • Johnny Blaze wrote (see)
    I'd rather someone rammed a pineapple up my arse than watch Red Nose Day on the Beeb. .

I would definitely rather that image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I love pineapple image