Windy Runs

Comments

• Nick - It's a shame that FART just stands for Financial Accounting Reporting Team. It could be an acronoym for an evil enterprise in Thunderbirds or Stingray or something like that otherwise....Captain Troy Spank (?) your mission is to neutralise FART.....

rb - there is a good 10K in May at Sudbury Court (nr Wembley). Smallish scale running club event. Well organised and a good atmosphere.

Seems like Oz has been the victim of the introduction of many species of flora and fauna that have had a disasterous effect on the environment. Just reading Bryson Down Under and he mentions some bloke who introduced a handful of rabbits on his estate so that he had something to shoot. Of course they bred like...well...rabbits and wiped out the vegetation in massive areas of bush.

Slowboy - did the brewings prove fruitful. Was it an afternoon of beautifully melodic blasts?
  • We had a performance of Beethoven's concerto for trouser trumpet, which was well received by the audience.
  • HH - thanks for the Sudbury Court tip - I'll check it out!

Moving on to amusing acronyms (sp?)... Cambridge University Netball Team has always been a good one, got any others?
  • If I ever stop laughing, I'll post some. That almost made me wet myself......
  • rb - the link to the Sudbury Court RC website is http://www.sudburycourt-rc.org.uk

I hope the aforementioned netball team has its name emblazoned across the front of its tops with suitably enlarged initial letters. I work in Cambridge so will have to pop along to a home match and cheer them on sometime. Come on you C...s

I wish I could think of other amusing acronyms, but even if I could I don't think I'd be able to match the netball team one.

Slowboy - ah, that oft played and very beautiful composition. Hope you kept it Fortissimo throughout, as it is meant to be played, and that you didn't go to pieces halfway through!
  • rb - the link to the Sudbury Court RC website is http://www.sudburycourt-rc.org.uk

I hope the aforementioned netball team has its name emblazoned across the front of its tops with suitably enlarged initial letters. I work in Cambridge so will have to pop along to a home match and cheer them on sometime. Come on you C...s

I suppose there's a kind of link back to the Oz thing there what with talking about massive areas of bush.........but then again....

I wish I could think of other amusing acronyms, but even if I could I don't think I'd be able to match the netball team one.

Slowboy - ah, that oft played and very beautiful composition. Hope you kept it Fortissimo throughout, as it is meant to be played, and that you didn't go to pieces halfway through!
  • When I bought Mrs FF a personal alarm earlier this week from Maplin, I also got a remote controlled fart machine. We have been having a laugh at work with that, I can tell you.
  • FF - Wouldn't it have been good if you could have got Mrs FF a farting personal alarm? Keep the muggers at bay with a good fart.....
  • Glad to see this thread chuffing it's way back to life, I've been much too serious on postings lately.

Remote control farts also on iwantoneofthose.com
  • A military tip is after following through the said action whilst still on the move is to cut both sides of your underware grab the 'issue' with the cloth and withdraw all at a steady but firm motion causing the front 'flap' drag through and remove any unwanted residue. Then the spent cloth can be discarded without breaking your important running rhythem.
  • Hmm. Thank you for sharing that with us, TB. Must give it a try sometime. Could provide a useful weapon for dealing with tailgaters ...
  • TB - thanks for the info. I intended to try the method out last night with a Mars bar placed strategically down my undies to represent the offending article. (A Mars bar has the benefit that you don't have to force yourself, it doesn't stink as bad and if you need a bit of an energy boost you can always eat it, even if it is a little melted)

The trouble was, I took a big pair of kitchen scissors with me to enable me to cut my pants at a suitable moment, but I didn't have anywhere to put them. I decided that putting them with the Mars bar could be problematic and so opted to carry them. Half an hour out and I tripped on a tree root.

Suffice to say, there'll be some fairly authentic renditions of the Snowman in the Hobbit household this Christmas. We're walking in the air...............
  • Poor old Hobbit! >>>said through rolled-up sock, this one stuffed in gob to muffle the laughter<<<

The bit about drinking the urine of someone who had been on the mushrooms had me worried. Aeons ago, when I was a medical house officer (about 90 ranks lower than where Benz is now), I got a call from A&E at some ridiculous hour of the night asking me to come and see 13-louts-a-hallucinating from the effects of magic mushrooms. Thought the staff were taking the piss, but they weren't. I managed to scare the ten who were still fairly compos mentis into discharging themselves "against medical advice" (ha!) before wasting time doing detailed paperwork for them, and admitted the other three to the ward, where out of sheer nastiness I put drips and catheters in them all ("people can become SO dehydrated and suffer kidney damage from psilocybin, didn't you know, boss?"). They all discharged themselves before the morning ward round.

If I'd known then what I know now, I would have sold the contents of the catheter drainage bags back to them.
  • V/Rap - aside from being a little scared by you now, it would perhaps have depended upon them being runners or military bods as to whether or not they would have been keen to purchase the contents of the bags. Judging by their appalling behaviour they can't possibly have been runners :-) I suppose you could have tried selling the stuff over the web as Emergency Gusset Removal Testing Substances.

On a different note (?!), the festive season is all but upon us and the effects of excessive amounts of sprouts and roast potatoes will soon be evident in the Hobbit abode and the environs. But it's not going to stop me running, so look out Milton Keynes.
  • I'll be in MK sometime between now and Christmas, HH. Not sure whether to bring my gas mask or to fight back by having sprouts for dinner the previous day and nibbling Bombay mix on the journey. The relative I'm visiting is a lifelong heavy smoker so she is unlikely to have any sense of smell left.

What's the difference between Brussels sprouts and snot? Kids won't eat Brussels sprouts.

• V/Rap - I think it best that you eat nothing or stay away. After all, who knows what the result of a combination of our gaseous emissions could be if they met in the skies above Old MK Town. AND you'll be visiting a heavy smoker!! There'll be naked flames in abundance...........
  • You'd probably have to register your combined bottoms as weapons of mass destruction......
  • SB - I wondered what those people who got out of the large white vehicles were doing trying to inspect my bottom.

One of them even tried to get a cast of it on the basis that if I followed through in solid form it was like checking the barrel of a gun against the marks it made on the bullet! Ballistics is what I say.
  • Perhaps you should consider having the lower portion of your alimentary canal rifled for greater accuracy? And perhaps fitted with some sort of laser siting device?
  • I went for sawn-off. Makes a hell of a noise but isn't so good for aim. Tried wire guidance but found it hindered my running, especially in woods.
  • At least with sawn off you get a good spread on the projectiles, so accuracy isn't as important.
  • True, but I went really sawn-of so within a particular distance range from the target (2 feet to half a mile) the spread is so wide that it misses anything in direct line.
  • fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    Further to a comment on the Forums Funniest Moments thread, I feel it is time to re-activate this thread so - BOING.
  • oh gooddee

ill read it when i get home
  • We're back to windy bottoms. Hoorah!

Hoorah!!??! Sorry, that's a bit Famous Five, isn't it.

If someone dug up Enid Blyton we could get her to write "Five Go Off to Windy Bottoms".

I wonder how lashings of ginger beer might affect the internal workings.
  • Ginger is reckoned to have a calming effect on the digestion, so probably not so good. I'll stick to sprouts for best aural effect.

Although I've noticed recently that all the porridge I've been having for breakfast has been causing me to tune up nicely by about mid-morning.
  • fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    I was out with my mates (well mate, oh OK by myself) last night for beer and curry. My colleagues at work are not amused this morning. Probably made it worse by having weetabix for brekky.