half marathon

Hey guys, Im training for the above and would like to know if my times are on track . I ve ran 5.38 miles in 42.11 and then slowed the pace down to day but ran further. I ran 6.40 miles and i think the time was either 53 min or 55 mins. Sorry I cant remember but my cheap casio watch didnt keep the time when i went back to check.

Comments

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭

how are you recording such precise distances out of interest?  5.38miles sounds like a GPS measurement, but clearly your watch doesn't sound like it has that on it!

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    What event are you training for?

What sort of training are you doing at the moment?

Need a bit more info from you to be able to give you an idea.
  • st albans half a marathon. Im just going out maybe twice a week and have gradually increased the miles. Today was the furthest at 6.40 miles

• I track my distance by using gb map online as for newbie to running i discovered it. Is this not a accurate way?

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭

might be, not heard of it.

Map my run is decent.

Treat yourself to a GPS old son, it's worth it, and can be motivational in itself.

• i think its very similar to map my run check it out. How much would a gps

be?

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭

You could probably get one for £80 upwards I think. They do go up to silly figures, but if I'm honest most of the features are unnecessary.

You just need one that measures distance, time and pace accurately.

• Blimey thats alot, for the time being i think i will stick to online methods but hey thanks.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭

fair dos...can be a big outlay until you get super into it.

And then once you do you'll wonder how you ever did without one!

• Thanks very much