"Two stone off" 2013

Comments

• Thanks K80 and against the usual long run weekend (when I can go up 2Lbs) I lost for the week just a half though

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭
    K80 wrote (see)

Yes mikasa it's cheating image Let us know the outcome tomorrow.

Harsh! But true...image Not bad though, only added 0.4lbs so only 1lb lost this week.

Went for a 5k run before breakfast yesterday and then later walked about 5miles. Another run today at lunch.

EKGO, well done for a new PB!!

• grant mgrant m ✭✭✭

A nasty bout of sinusitus has knocked my initial progress for six, starting again with a weigh in and reassessment of running strategy at the weekend. Still waiting for spring, would make things so much easier if it was nice out.

• 1Lb off last week but picked up a back injury Ironically moving the treadmill with a week before the great welsh marathon, all stretching for me this week and fingers crossed for Sunday

• Gentle parkrun Saturday, and a nice speedy 6 miles yesterday evening, attempting to overcome the effects of the final kids party of the Easter school holidays. I was just cutting up the cake to give out at the end, when one of the parents, who is a professional baker, arrives with all sorts of tasty treats to give to us ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Oh well, focus on the training this week. First multisport event to look forward to on Sunday (short aquathlon).

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

How did you get on at the weekend Grant?

Well done on the loss EKGO, sorry to hear about your back. Hopefully it'll sort itself out before the marathon.

Dan - good running. Just stay away from the goodies!!

Not a very successful week for me. Only went for 2 short runs and couple of walks. I didn't keep to my healthy diet either but managed to stay the same so it's ok. Short lunch time run today so a good start to the week.

• Hello, can I join? I've got a stone to lose. I'm resting and building up slowly again after completing the Paris marathon just over a week ago. I lost four stone in thr year and a bit since January 2012, but put a few pounds back on again whilst marathon training.

I don't really know what I'm doing, diet wise, I guess just running, eating clean (ish), and not eating when not hungry.

Do you all weigh in once a week? On the same day or different days?
  • Hello and welcome holeymoley - love ya monica.

Well done EKGO you didn't put anything on from your marathon last week... hang on are you doing another one next week???? image

Mmmm Dan a grateful parent who just happens to be a professional baker? That's got to be a dream. No mention of weight there though Dan?

Well done MIkasa - no gain in weight is a win in my eyes image

Grant, you can't wait for spring - it may never happen.

I couldn't stand on the scales today. Honestly I have grade 2 groin strain and sitting on the scales would just not give an accurate reading. You can all visaulise me extending and retracting legs and leaning back and forth to obtain acceptable result image

• K80 sounds painful, keep stretching out as bad as it sounds it will speed up your recovery, and yes Great Welsh Marathon on Sunday I have three consecutive over the next three Sundays, so I expect to maintain weight for the next month, and in May I have another three consecutive ones.

Dan baking is one of my weaknesses, problem is, homemade bread is just too nice

• Mmm homemade bread....

Weighed in after my marathon, 3lbs up. After 5 days eating like crazy in Paris and a week off running I'm not surprised - marathons really are no good for weight loss!

My focus now is to lose the last stone (actually stone and a half would be better but a stone will see me into a size 12...) before commencing marathon training again. That gives me about 7 weeks...uh-oh! I think half a stone is more realistic...

WOw ekgo - 3 consecutive marathons... How did you train for that? Have you done loads before?
  • Holeymoley ..... Marathons do that to me too, annoying isn't it. I do Marathons on consecutive sundays as training for Ultras, I am not too disciplined in my own long slow runs so I do it this way. 

• Went to gym this week. Weight pretty much identical to what it was a month ago. May have to step up diet plans, esp as. Well might eat all the Easter eggs first!
  • Late to this thread. Would like to lose 1 stone, currently run 2 half marathons this year with two more to come at end of May and August. Currently 14st 6 lbs.

Good Luck everyone.

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

I've been so bad this week diet wise...image Need to clean up this weekend. Have done exercise though, today's going to be thired run and I went for a little bike ride as well. But food is key so need to sort that out.

How's everyone else doing?

• Back on the wagon, and running going really well. Even sneaked out for a lunchtime run at work, up the local alp and back in Sheffield. Tomorrow is parkrun (hopefully all the speed freaks will be off to London!), and aquathlon on Sunday.Might actually make a 30mile week, which is the first time time for over a year I've done that.

• Hi all,

Thanks for restarting this Grant.  Just back from holiday in Oz and 40th looming so this is it!   Monday weigh in 44lbs to lose.......

• My slow introduction to running is definitely working. Hit 30lb lost today, since the start of the year.  Still another 30 or so to go, but all the trends point the right direction.

• Wow Rachel 30Lbs is pretty impressive, I had another Marathon on Sunday in South Wales so as per usual in a Marathon week I put weight on, mind you just 1/2Lb so can't complain it will be fluid and will be gone in a day. Quite pelased with that

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Great going Rachel!

As I earlier mentioned,mu mind hasn't truly been focused on this weight loss malarkey and  I kind of stuffed myself with all sorts of treats this week and paid the price in today's weigh in, +2lbs! image Onwards and upwards.

• Opens fridge. Looks at cheese. Shuts fridge and makes cut of peppermint tea.

30lb is very impressive. Id be happy with 5lb at the moment. Hope everyone's running going well, I seem to be getting niggle after niggle, but managed 5 miles tonight relatively pain free.

• I tried Morrison's Liquorice tea, sounds terrible but really good
  • Catalin Bond..I'm with you at the moment. too many niggles. Had a week off with a bad cough and now hamstring playing up. Which is weird as not run for a week!  Going to try a gentle few miles in the morning to see if lungs and legs OK

• Hello.  I started running 9 years ago, and improved steadily, doing 3 Great South Runs and various 5 & 10k races.  About 2 years ago I started getting one-after-the-other injury niggles.  I was training for a half marathon, and got to 11 miles and then it seemed my body wouldn't let me go any further. image   Last year I missed ALL of the races for which I'd entered either due to injury or illness, and have now been off running completely (except for the odd mile or so, done VERY slowly) for about 5 months.  I have also put on 2 stone. image 

I wasn't exactly svelte to start with, but now I am definitely fat, and I hate it.  At my height (5'4") I should be under 10st, but I am *coughs* 'middle-aged' and looking back at my records have been pretty consistently around 11 stone for the last 5 years, so though I'd love to get back to 10st I probably should be realistic and aim for 11.  I plan to start running again, though probably run/walking for quite a while.  Anyway, I need to lose, and to run, so here I am...

• Weigh in time, I'm 13st 12 1/2 from 14 st 2, 3 1/2 lbs in 5 weeks mind you several marathons in there with plenty carb additions 

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Good work EKGO.

I've been ill since last Tuesday (still nowhere near 100% but at work)  which has meant absolutely no exercise. +0.4lbs

• Had 44lbs to lose now 40.5lbs.  First run back since February tomorrow night, fingers crossed!

• Hi Guys,

first post hereimage. started a new exercise and diet routine at turn of year. Currently at98 kg, down from 112 in Jan.  found the gym bug successfully, going 2-3 times a week. Mixed excercise but increasing treadmill runs to 5k.  Did a 10k 6 Years ago, and thinking about another.

hoping to use forum for next boost aiming for 88kg by August.  will post progress updates