Ideas for birthday present...

Has anyone got any ideas of good birthday ideas for runners? Looking to spend about £10-£20... anything considered!

Comments

• race entry? an itunes voucher for training music? some winter running gloves or a hat?

• SesamoidSesamoid ✭✭✭

I asked my brother to get me a box of gels! He was very grateful for the idea and I was very grateful to receive! Make sure you know what ones the runner uses though if you go with this......

•  Mick Mick ✭✭✭

RW Sub?

• Every year for my birthday birthday and xmas I ask for running socks, like most running attire you can never have enough.

Every year a few days after my birthday and xmas I go out and buy myself running socks.

• stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

Damn, oirisheyes beat me to it.  My birhtday is very soon, so I've just ordered my self some socks ready for the big day.

Although, its similar to what Miggito said - you need to know what socks they prefer. There's a bit of personal preference and also personal fit as the wrong socks can cause blisters.

Other option is to look for a technical T Shirt, as you can never have too many running tops (although given this year's weather, thermals may be a better choice!) 

• A Buff

SPI belt

Bib magnets

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

An ordnance survey map centred on your runners house, and a compass.

• What about sunglasses?
  • Clothing to keep warm in the winter months
  • Not sure how this post has been revived from 2013...    Race nutrition is good if you know what they like, post race protein is good too.   A foam roller if they don't have one!   Socks of course...  A virtual race entry (so they can run in their own time and not be tied down to a date and a place).   
  • You need a waterproof bag ;)
    http://www.unitgift.com/
  • Sesamoid said:
    I asked my brother to get me a box of gels! He was very grateful for the idea and I was very grateful to receive! Make sure you know what ones the runner uses though if you go with this......

I have found some really cheap energy gels on ebay at the moment. Half the price they usually are! I think it is because they only have a couple of months left on their best before date but I have purchased and they are perfect.
    Great if you are on a budget + they don't need to know how much you spend ;) 

Should be able to find them if you search this.
    High 5 Energy Gel 40g (Orange) 

Hope you find this helpful!