Is Milton Keynes Marathon Fast

Hello Can anybody tell me if the Milton Keynes Marathon is a fast course? Heard some chatter from the recent half marathon that running through narrow alleys and tight bends made it slow, although I'm not sure the course is the same. Desperate to break 3hrs having missed by 47 seconds at last years London. Happy Easter training G

Comments

• PiersPiers ✭✭✭

If you are aiming at sub 3hrs I would reckon you will be OK, shouldn't be too busy.

The course is flat, though by mile 24 last year I was getting very fed up with the underpasses.

Piers

• PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

I met a friend at mile 9 last year and run the last 17 miles.  Despite the most awful weather, I think it was a pretty fast course.  We were on about 4h30 pace and there was never much congestion.  There were a few turns and bumps over small bridges, but nothing much.  I was surprised most of it wasn't on the road though, it's more on footpaths and through parks.

Overall, I would say it was a pretty fast course though.

• Hmm...depends how well prepared you are for the underpasses and turns around them. I found that quite sapping in the end.