Sunday 31st March 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - Oh yeah, Oh yeah, So scared of breaking it

So - RHR is 5bpm higher than yesterday, throat is still sore and gunk production at least as bad as yesterday if not worse - so what do I do? Rest for the third day in a row and hope for a miraculous recovery so I can run tomorrow? Get out and get it done as best I can accepting that it may make me worse for a few days? Go for a gentle swim or ride and hope that doesn't set me back?

Sorry for the me, me, me - just getting a bit fed up with it now.

Oh - Happy Easter. Enjoy the chocolate and whatever treats anyone had given up for Lent.

Edit (normal service will be resumed shortly, honest). Well done to your daughters Dustin, they are so fortunate to have your support and seem to be making the most of it. Lovely to hear of their participation and progress.

Of course I'm not gong to try for my last LSR today. It would be incredibly stupid given how I feel.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning! And Happy Easter!

What: 15 mins walk then 15 mins run

Why: fighting the flab. No eggs for me!

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Poor LMH. Feel free to 'me me me' a bit more. You really caught the shit end of the stick this season image

I'm going for a PB tomorrow, but no flat out antics. Last time I  raced a half properly was 2010 ... so my 1:38 PB is pretty soft. I'd settle for a nice 1:34 or 1:35.

what: 5 easy miles later
    why: sun is out
    last hard: Friday
    last rest 25/3
    lyrics: no

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Quiet on here today.

Happy Easter/official British Summer Time (German Summer Time). 

What: a walk on the beach
    Why: my legs hurt a lot and feeling a bit wobbly
    Last hard: those 15km of uphill yesterday!

LMH I'm not surprised you're fed up.  I'm glad you are being sensible today though.  Have you been back to the doc since the reoccurrance?

Chicka which half is it tomorrow?

Have a good chocolate eating day everyone.

• That's an unusual taper chickadeee image You should definitely be on for a PB - it's currently slightly worse than mine! Hope you have a good run, you've earned it.

emzap - walk on the beach sounds like ideal recovery - hope you included ice cream? Haven't been back to the doc, not sure what she can do to be honest, don't think more steroids are indicated with the lung function I have at the moment and if it's viral no point in another round of useless antibiotics. I do have an appointment for Tuesday morning though which will come in handy if i make myself really ill by trying to run tomorrow.

No eggs for me either Alehouse - my darling husband decided that as he didn't want one this year that obviously meant that I didn't. Marital harmony may be restored shortly but I do need to ensure that he understands the flaw in his thinking image

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hiya,
    chicka - best of luck for a PB!
    lmh - feel free to whine as much as you like, I know how grouchy I get after missing one day, so I can't imagine how frustrating it must feel for you...
    what - well drains unblocked, and patio cleaned given the sun was shining (I believe some people actually enjoy those jobs...) Will do 12 or 13 shortly when I can drag myself off the sofa
    why - mileage 
    last rest - thursday
    last hard - friday

lyric- maybe

happy easter all!

• Afternoon

What Nowt
    Why proper day off
    Lyrics no

Yestedays were Bon Jovi's "Keep the Faith"

LMH for Abo 2010 I didn't run for the 3 weeks of taper and while itwasn't the fastest mara it wasn't the slowest either. Just hang on in there and enjoy the race on the day.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

National road relay today, did my 5.8 mile leg in 37:55… absolutely delighted with that.

Average pace of 6:31 and felt good throughout. 1st race of the year.

Nothing to report race-wise, I was overtaken by two faster runners and that was that! 

Lyrics - nope!

• Don - if you fell happy with the run it ws obviously a good day. Well done - first race!! - bodes good for the year.

Chick - trgets getting serious - hope things good

Dustin - hope the bakers dozen wenty ok

LMH - hang on on!!

Rest day here for contemplation.

• What: on the slow boat home

Why: holidays have to end

Not a lot to report

Go Chicka go

Good going donaldo

LM.H I would suffer a long time if I made a no egg declaration!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

donaldo - nice work sir, good start to the races for 2013
    well 13.45 miles done in 1h46 on the lanes, bit of a bracing wind out there this afternoon, so sruggled a bit towards the end, but takes me over 200 for the month. I think I've only hit that target once before...marathon 13 weeks away so hoping to get a decent base built at this stage.

big dinner , beer and esater chocolate now...

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Happy Easter all

Biggest ever weekly milage 68.11m

Biggest ever monthly total 277m

Not bad considering I have been on nights this week too... topped of with 20.10m which inclued 5m at MP

Now its taper time.... off to work again in a bit after tea.....