Support Group 2 - Mudchute 2013

Comments

• I've got a spreadsheet on the go - can't post it from my fruit-based communications device, but I will post a final version, probably on Thursday, to check final details. So if anyone has any last orders, let me know.

Last year we had a giant '2' balloon, but they tend to blow around, so it might be better just to have a '2' sign. Any volunteers to make one, the bigger the better?
  • Thanks all. That's sorted then, Trev is running too. 

I will be noticeable with Trev but in case I lose him on the way (get him taken off me for some reason) then I will be wearing a Tamworth AC club vest which is Green on top and white and my name Ecky in Pink and Yellow letters.

I don't think I will need anything apart from a kick up the bum when I decide to give in.

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Rodent I will shout 2,2,2,2 as I approach you image again can't thank you peeps enough for the support.
  • Hello - sorry to come late with info Big thank you to you all, KateF, Claire Hardman, LouiseG and Running Rodent you stars!

Forum name gizmo83
    Name Katie Brown
    Race number 33282
    Estimated time to mile 17: 1ish (hoping to run 4:45 - maybe with RW pacing group)
    What you'll be wearing official blue Adidas VLM top with an orange AbleChildAfrica vest over it. Hair will be up, face will most definitely be bright red. Skins with shorts over the top
    Any special needs* Haribo would be great if you have any, I'll drop some off at the expo, otherwise anything BUT alcohol or a banana

Thank you image

• Echy, what sort of time is Trev planning to run? i'm already in a sort of 9:00 pacer group with a couple of other guys on here. if you're planning on that sort of pace it would be great to have you and the bear with us.

• Hoorah finally managed to get back on here! 

Rodent your fab! very organised. Don't know how to say it without itsounding rude...... ha ha I will try to make a number 2 image Im am crazy busy though over next couple of days, Ill let you know if I manage it (the sign that is image)

Gizmo - I love Haribo!! Any particular ones or just haribo in general? I have the goldenbears in for when I do long runs, Will bring those for you if you like??

• Oh, haribo gold bears. now you're talking!
  • No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    No on leave and fly over tomorrow image one short run today to do.

So what sort of time are our runners going for?

No Pain sub 3hrs hope for 2:55 and below.
  • Off to expo this afternoon.  Feeling mildly insane.  I have a toenail which cannot decice whether it is going to be with me for the big day or not!

No Pain - Hoping to beat the man carrying the fridge!

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Hope..to just keep him in sight as he can't sprint finishimage hope you have a great race image
  • Morning.

I was off for a short run today but Son is sick and off school which is just what I need image

Oooh I love the guy with the fridge. He is sure to beat me and Trev.

•  

Just back from Expo.  Confused the hell out of the Runners World girls when I tried to hand them a bag for collection.  

All sorted.  I have put group 2 and hope to... on the front.

Found out there is engineering works on the trains into Waterloo - deep joy image

Are we allowed to eat loads yet?

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I did try to get in contact with RW to remind them that we would be using their stand but I didn't get a reply.  Sounds like they haven't briefed the minions.

• I spoke to one of the girls at the Expo, and she did say she'd spoken to someone who was coming to collect tomorrow, but there was nothing there at the moment. I have to go back tomorrow to pick up a number for someone, so I'll have another look.

Right, here's the list. Name, needs, number, description, (earliest) estimated time at Mudchute. Some peope said things like '2 hours in' so I've assumed a 10 o'clock start - is that right? Ecky - unless I've missed it, you haven't given us an estimated time (although I'm guessing you'll be easy to spot..). Camberwell, Dave and Dan Wood, Mark 1981 - if you're out there, tell us your needs. 

Any errors or omissions, let me know.

No Pain
    SiS gel and drink
    Fetch vest
    11:54

Liberty6201
    Ready salted crisps
    Yellow Meningitis Trust vest
    13:30

Camlo
    Sweeties or whatever and a hug
    Red & White Birm Children's Hospital vest
    12:33

Mr Puffy
    Just a wave
    12:15

Hope to…
    Full fat coke
    Fetch vest with Hope too…
    13:10

Eckytump & Trev
    Ready salted french fries
    Tamworth AC Green and white club vest with name Ecky

Sofaboy
    Comb for the quiff
    Tall chap with a quiff in a dayglo yellow vest and black shorts
    12:30

Rattler Rattler
    encouragement/sweets
    if it's not very hot - Purple Shirt, Purple / Pink Shorts - if it's hot - black / fluoro green vest, black shorts
    12:50

Gizmo83
    Haribo gold bears
    blue Adidas VLM top with an orange AbleChildAfrica vest over it. Hair up, Skins with shorts over the top
    13:00

• So excited!!! Cant wait image Rodent you are a star

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    I will start with my white trilby hat on, I might have to ditch it if it is uncomfortable.
  • I'm forgetting the crisps now!! Have packed jellybeans and gels so am hoping they will suffice x can't wait now !
  • not going to drop anything off for me but will drop some general goodies off. Thanks again for your support - I am going to look for sofaboy at the start and stick with him if it gives me a 3 min gain to you all!
  • Sorry not going to have time to make a sign I've got yet another crazy busy day and travelling down to London first thing tomorrow.
  • I am not really sure how long it will take me to get to Mudchute maybe between 2h45 and 3h but I will put a pic on here a bit later. You wont be able to miss me though. Was it mile 17?

• Yes, around mile 17. There's a sharp left turn, then you start to head back up towards Canary Wharf - the towers will be straight ahead of you. There's a water station, and we're just after that, on the right hand side.

I'll get a '2' balloon.
  • Thanks R.R. I know I will be pretty slow but wont be offended if everyone has gone off to the pub image.

My friend has gone t get my number today as I cant get time off work. I'm sooooooooo excited now but quite emotional too.

• Eckytump We aren't going anywhere till you've all gone through image

Rodent Thankyou you are a star!!!

Good Luck to everyone. Looking forward to meeting you all image
  • mentioned on the main thread, but when I went to the Expo yesterday there was nothing to collect (actually there was one drink) so I said I'd be back this pm.  Apparently tho someone had already been in the morning yesterday.

• i was at the expo yesterday. i didn't have anything to drop off but i did meean to pop by and say thanks in advance.

unfortunately i totally forgot. so if i happen to miss you en route, thanks so much for the surport. i really appreciate it.

•  

Thank you Louise - that was mine image

• a message to you rudi image stop your running about sraighten yourself right out.love that song .got me jelly babies ready
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

RR, do you want me to do you a 2 sign?  I seem to have time on my hands

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Group 2 sign done.  Green on a red background so hopefully it will stand out from the yellow and blue balloons.