Support Group 5 - Mudchute 2013

Comments

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I vote for Bridget

2ST, I'll PM you my mobile number

• The vest has a white strip on it for your name and as my ladies medium was too tight I'm waiting for a men's one instead.  Might mean more space image

• Keep those details coming peeps!

• Hi all, and especially XFR Bear.

I have been down in the dumps last couple of days and avoiding all things marathon as I picked up a calf strain last sunday.

Anyway staying positive on the basis that I (a) make it to the start line, AND (b) make it as far as mile 17 and (C) run to original plan ...( which are all looking doubtful as i sit here ) teh following would be my details:

Number: 32,781

Kit: black shorts, white club singlet with black stripe and sun glasses

Time to 17 miles: 1 hour 56..so just before 12 noon hopefully.

Needs: Any encouragement that s going and if not pushing it one hi-5 gel ( to be repaid in pub afterwards)

Only travelling over from Ireland on Saturday afternoon so may not make Expo at all

Good luck to all 

SF

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Do you have your race number already then Slim Fast?

• No SuperCaz but I'm hoping that armed with a copy of my passport, a signed letter and my registration confirmation that a friend can pick it up for me on Friday....
  • I'm thinking of going for USBridget on my west image

• What will you put on your "east" though... image
  • LOL  Those who have met me will confirm that even my west doesn't have that much space on itimage

• Ok guys there's still quite a few who haven't posted details, please get that sorted either on here or via mail.

StrayCelt can you post your number please (and name if you're going to be posting it on your vest).

If you're going to be wearing a  chairity vest can you please post the colour; Macmillan I know but certainly not all of them so I'm having to google. image

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

MARK
    Macmillan Green Vest over T-shirt (Weather dependent)
    Macmillan Green Hair
    Olympic Torch
    Collecting Can
    Time to Mile 17 Star a at best :2hrs 40- 2hrs50
    Will happily stop for Jaffa Cakes, beer, wine, hugs, a break, photos etcimage

• Anything special you want Bridget?

• I'm going to leave a gel and a pack of Shotbloks at the Expo on Wednesday for you to hold for me please.  Apart from that a hug and a shove up the road will probably do me image

• Great, thanks - come on the rest of you!

• Right, this is me in my vest!  It should have Sarah spelt out on the front on the day in coloured fabric letters, provided they arrive in time.   Depending on the weather I may have a t-shirt or something on underneath and my hair will be tied up.

/members/images/546545/Gallery/DSC01492_(Small)_0.JPG

• Thanks for the pic - great stuff image

I've emailed the people who still haven't provided details; please reply asap.

Thanks

• USB- so glad I can repay the support and hugs you gave me when I ran......

The year we made cream eggs the fuel of choice image

It was abit hit and miss if I was going to be there on Sunday as work was threatening to get in the way image but I'm definitely going to be there!!

• Yay!  I'm off to get the train to London to get my number image  Pic of me in vest later on.

• Straycelt wrote (see)

imageCongrats VikW:
    Come on group 5, time to get this party started, where are we all? Expo opens next week and plans should be afoot. Who is doing what, where and when? Who is turning up what day? When is everyone travelling down for the big day?
    I'll be the one with the green hair turning up on Saturday!image

Hi

Real name Steve

My Race number 8510,I shall be at the Expo on Saturday expecting to get there around 11.30 so hopefully bob over and say hello

I expect to get to mile 17 around 3hour mark (hopefully sooner image)I will be all in blue on the day with a big Warkie printed onto my Vest

Looking forward to this weekend see you soon...image

• Race # is 8475

Real name - Kaz

Absolutely no idea when I'll be at Mudchute tbh.  For my sins I'll be dressed as Princess Leia.

May not stop but if I do it'll just be to say a quick hello. 

• Ok peeps, still waiting for details of Nykie and MandM.

• Afternoon!!

XFR Bear- thanks so much for all your help!!  I might have someone else to give us an extra pair of hands for an hour ot two sunday!

I have messaged the two we are missing info for!!

I'm getting excited!!

• Me too!

Just rootled out some cardboard to make our sign - you haven't done one already perchance? I'm happy to do one but thought I'd ask image

• XFR thanks again for all the effort everyone is putting in to this...I'm humbly grateful.

I have decided to run on Sunday but unless there is a minor miracle I might be arriving at Mudchute  a LOT later than my original plan....anyway it will be good if I get that far and please give me a kick in the back side if I look like giving up !

Good runs and great days to all

SF

• number collected, didnt' have a black ribbon in my kit stuff image will have to make my own up. dropped a can of beer as well which I hope to find not drunk by the time I arrive, I expect it to be between 3:30 or 4:00 hours, I think. depends how warm it is and how the day goes image

• Thanks for doing the sign XFR Bear-no I haven't done one!

Loon your beer will be safe with us image I promise- rubbish to no black ribbon

Slim Fast- we can do kicks in the butt- you will get that far and it will be an amazing day!!

Still haven't heard a peep from the other two- do we just presume they don't want anything special or aren't running anymore?

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

There are always a couple in every gorup who sign up and then forget to come back and check the forums.  If you don't hear from them then you have to assume that they don't want anything.  There will be plenty of jelly babies etc for any straglers that turn up at the last minute

• I guess it's not desperate yet but if we don't have any other way of contacting them then there's not a lot we can do. We generally have most usual things at Mudchute but if they want anything unusual they need to let us know.

Vik I'll email you with the spreadsheet so we have a copy each - it'll be ordered by ETA, but I'll give the remaining two another day or so.  I'll pm you my email - if you can email me there then that'd be good.

• NykieNykie ✭✭✭
    I'm here! I'm here! Thanks for letting me be part of your group!

I'm Nykie

My number is 9783

I'll be wearing a lovely orange vest with 'Nykie' and 'Wetherby Runners' on it

I'm injured so I'll be getting to mile 17 within 4 hours, probably no earlier than 3.5 and I'll get there with a grimace of pain

I require a big cheesy smile image