The Lomas Distribution Buxton Half-Marathon

Comments

• Thats a good time, ill be happy to get in in under 2 hours, my pb so far is 1.51 @ belvoir this year and that was flat, think im getting too old to dream of a 1.30 lol, still,I enjoy just taking part

• Thats what it's all about! just enjoy the course and fantastic scenery. i'll also be visualising a pint of Buxton Brewery's real ale as i'm on the course! Good luck to all running! 

• racephotosracephotos ✭✭✭

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I hope to be taking my first set of photos at the 3 mile mark as you turn off the A53 and head downbank onto Axe Edge.  Then I intend to drive to about 10.5 miles at Harpur Hill, if anyone wants to give me an high energy drink I could have it waiting for you.  No Matthew it wont be pint of Buxton Brewery Real Ale image.  If anyone wants to take up the offer I will be in the Pavilion area wearing an orange bib 9ish.
    Cheers,  Bryan
    http://www.racephotos.org.uk

• brer rabbitbrer rabbit ✭✭✭

Sooo tempted, did White Peak marathon last weekend but not run since due to grotty cold. Dare I risk it?image

• Decided to now run this. Tried entering online this morning but this option now seems closed.

I guess there are places still available to enter on the day?

• Also, where is the best place to parkon the day?

• See Beverey Golden's comment further up - you can enter on the day.  Today I'm 70/30 in favour of entering tomorrow, just means an early start on a bank holiday Sunday!

• Saw that... but thInge can change quickly. Especially if not many places left.

Hi gramck24, I am sure Bev will post again on the forum when she sees the above comments, but in the interim can I just chip in what I know. There have been in the region of 200 pre-enties and the race limit is 500 I think.  Also when I visited the Pavilion Gardens the other week, there is a really big car park capable of taking lots of cars. Just to add though it was a pay car park.
    I hope everyone makes it and has a great day.
    Cheers.
    Bryan

He-he, things you can find on the Internet.

Number of spaces: 262 (15 disabled)

Free outside these hours:

Mon-Sat: 8:00-18:00

I hope this help.
    Cheers
    Bryan

• Nice one Bryan.

Had a look on google maps, is that the car park next to the swimming baths?

• Sorted entry now.

Managed it through the RW website image

Great news gramck24.

Please check out my Interactive Map that I put together after visiting the area the other week, kind of helps with the terrain and what you can expect around the route. I hope it works.
    http://www.racephotos.org.uk/Buxton%20Half%20Marathon%20Interactive%20Map.pdf

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow. I have two photographic helpers on the day and if things go to plan, I should have photos at the Start; 3 mile; 4.5mile; 10.5 mile; 13 mile; Finish. I dont charge for download of photos, totally free.  What a serviceimage. If you can manage a smile that would be great.image

Cheers
    bryan

• Convinced the wife to take part, why isnt she this easily persuaded when I suggest going to the pubimage good luck everyone for tomorrow

• Well Done to Beverley and all the Buxton AC team for putting on a fantastic race.  Well done also to everyone who ran on the day summer decided to turn up to Buxton, there really is no shade or shelter on that route, but the area looked beautiful bathed in sunshine!

Phew, what a whopper! Many thanks to Bev and team-super day! Can you iron a few of those hills out for next year thoughimageimage

That's a super acknowlegement XabiDood, I can second that and hope that the photos that I have taken with my helpers prove to be worthy souvenirs of the day, and capture the moment.  Thanks for the smiles and the waves.
    The main reason this posting is to apologise for misleading information I posted above. Car parking was not free, I need to check out where that information came from.  I had pay twice, on arrival and then when I returned after taking photosimage
    I have about 1,500 photos to edit and upload, I had better get to it.
    Well done everyone.
    Bryan

• Thanks to the organisers for a fantastic race.  Really well marshalled and beautiful scenery - really appreciate the photo's as well Bryan.  Still trying to work out if it was harder than Eyam or not, I was a couple of minutes slower today, but then I ran Eyam last Sunday and still recovering... oh my calves really hate me now!  That evil "left up the hill and back round" near the finish to make up the distance was quite demoralising as you could see the runners cutting across down the hill image

Overall a great race and my OH had a great day out as well.  Thanks!

• I fully Echo XabiDood's sentiments.

Top marks to Beverley, Buxton AC and all those that volunteered. Tremendous effort all round.

Also hats off to Bryan and his team in taking the 100s of pictures so the runners have something to look back on. Btw, nearly came and said hi at the Pavillion Gardens just before the race but saw you were super busy getting ready.

Tough course especially in the heat but a beautiful one nonetheless. Was never gonna be a PB course but was really pleased with my 1.36 time.

Hopefully I'll be back next year to support a super race.

• Amazing course although hard work, not a first time event! Bev and the team have done a fantastic job organising the event. Well madshalled and plenty of water stations.Local support helped no end.Cant wait to see the photos Bryan and his team have took.

The only downside being its 12 months till it happens again! See you in 2014! 

A well deserved pat on the back is in order I think imageI

Hi Bryan, thanks for all your cheerfulness and support en route! I was the woman who parked next to you...it was expensive but better than a parking ticketimage

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

what a hot race  today   did none in 1h49    better weather then last year   will be back next year

• image Well that was fun. Top marks to Bev and everyone else to do with the race. As always was friendly challenging and gorgeous in some of the best hills in the country. Afraid I think for me was a race race to far and after the first hill was just struggling to keep going and think the sweeper car saw far to much of my backside than they wanted to so apologies for any nightmare's.image

Always good story's from this race but I'm still laughing from the poor indian girl who came up to see a mate from London and didn't realise that the peak's are hilly. image

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

i have just recovered from yestaday   cake     dovenstone Dimanod race on Wednesday next    i am in hard training for both Chester and Huddersfield marathons

• Forgot to say thanks to you Bryan.....I've just had a chance to see the photos & they are fantastic.  Not only did you take a great shot, but gave a load of encouragement too.

• Indeed yes - great photo's and video clip, such a nice touch that's missing at a lot of races.  Thanks again!

• Great to hear that everyone had a good race and really appreciate all the positive feedback.  This is the first event I've organised so am very relieved that it ran mostly smoothly!  Please spread the word about what a great race it is and hope to see you all again next year.  Oh, I can now confirm that 1 very good reason for it to be on bank holiday is that I needed the Monday to recover, never mind those who ran!! image

Hey Bev, you did a brilliant job, what awesome scenery and the whole feel of the race was so great. Have a good rest girl, I'll spread the word..but I will only do it with fresh legs next timeimage..not just a week after White Peak marathon. How lucky are we in Derbyshire to have such beautiful countryside? imageimage

• The word has been spreading already and hopefully there will be a couple of new entries from round here for next year.  Personally, my legs have been wrecked since 8 miles in on Sunday, but after a 5k recovery run tonight I've now entered the Buxton Tri....I really hope theres a bit of cloud cover for that!

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

I am doing Dovestones dimand 10k race tonight in saddleworth   this is a killer from the off