Options

Angry victim Philpot fire case

2»

Comments

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

I presume DF has no friends/relatives who suffer from depression.

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

They are comedians.  I doubt the OP nor many others suffering want to find the humour or take the p out of themselves.

• Options
    Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭
    seren nos wrote (see)

david.there are threads for your humour and some where it is inappropriate......when you mature you might learn where the line is

This does presuppose that Dave Falconer has just made a misjudgement here. But I'm not sure that's true.  I feel he's being calculating.   He's no pubescent, new to the internet.  I think he's making a failed attempt to be the classroom bully.

Good luck on you're long journey sinbad.  A small proportion of people are idiots like DF3,  a big proportion wish you nothing but good... and a handful of people are good enough to really help you in practice.  Good luck in seeking out those precious few.

• Options

Exactly as you say Seren and there are posts on here that prove my point.

It's very obvious from his post that the OP is feeling isolated and has things he needs to (and should) talk through - there are places where people will be both sympathetic and constructive - this isn't that place.

• Options
    SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭
    Run Wales wrote (see)
    seren nos wrote (see)

david.there are threads for your humour and some where it is inappropriate......when you mature you might learn where the line is

This does presuppose that Dave Falconer has just made a misjudgement here. But I'm not sure that's true.  I feel he's being calculating.   He's no pubescent, new to the internet.  I think he's making a failed attempt to be the classroom bully.

"They had done with Flashman in one sense, for he never laid finger on either of
    them again; but whatever harm a spiteful heart and venomous tongue could do
    them, he took care should be done. Only throw dirt enough, and some of it is
    sure to stick;"

'Tom Browns school days', Thomas Hughes 

Sorry; but did someone say 'the classroom bully'!

But of course it did not end well for the 'king' of bullies!

"The short result was, that Flashey became beastly drunk; they tried to get him
    along, but couldn't; so they chartered a hurdle and two men to carry him.
    One of the masters came upon them and they naturally enough fled. The flight of
    the rest raised the master's suspicions, and the good angel of the fags incited
    him to examine the freight, and, after examination, to convoy the hurdle himself
    up to the School-house; and the Doctor, who had long had his eye on Flashman,
    arranged for his withdrawal next morning."

Sorry again but this is one of my favourite literary paragraphs! Bullies usually get their dues...

• Options
    SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭
    seren nos wrote (see)

the start of people living on welfare came when Maggie decided to massacre the major industries in many poorer areas.from mining to steel and all the associated jobs in the neighbourhood......

Funny that you should mention Thatcher..... image

• Options
    SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

Have I just killed the thread with a bit of 19th century literature and reference to Thatcher popping her clogs?

• Options
    sinbad113sinbad113 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm pissed.

Why.

None of you supported me.

why did i post?

Ineeded  help.

Goverment and others are attcking people like me.

I want to work.

when you survved atmpted murderat age of 9 upwaards your not who u  want to be or who u may become.

I'm sorry.

Take care

• Options
    sinbad113sinbad113 ✭✭✭

hi all,

let itgo now.

I made a mistake.

I looked for help. It was bnot there willnever ask for help here again

• Options

Sinbad, you know who your friends are and where to find us

• Options

Sinbad,

I gave you a link to a very helpful website for someone in your position. If you don't want to take a look at it that's entirely up to you but please don't try to lay a guilt trip on everyone who posted on this thread. 

I've read lots of posts like yours and focussing on the negative replies while ignoring the positive ones is, I'm sorry to say, a fairly common phenomenon. I understand it, it's part of your condition but it just leads to you and everyone else going round in circles.

Only you can break that circle Sinbad and I wish you luck with it. I'd suggest you discuss some of your issues with your GP and see if you can get referred for CBT as a starting point. 

• Options
    SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

Sinbad

I am happy to listen

I am happy to sympathise/ attempt to empathise

I am happy to offer my personal, professional and academic knowledge

I am happy to suggest books, websites where appropriate

I am happy to suggest ways to 'use' running to help with mental health

All I expect is a bit of positive or negative feedback

This is all you can expect from a forum; particularly a running forum

I would question the motivation of anyone who offers more than this; you can get through this, but you need to help people to help you... all the best.