Options

Ding dong the Witch is dead

Comments

• Options
    At last revenge for Ossie Ardiles's cousin
  • Options
    carterusmcarterusm ✭✭✭

First Jimmy Savile and now Margaret Thatcher. It's been a good 12 months for miners

• Options
    Nice one CarterUSA
  • Options
    EKGO wrote (see)

I heard just that Margaret Thatcher is dead, I would never wish harm to anyone but she is the one person where I wish it had happened when she was very much younger. I now don't have any living person that I hate that much

I actually agree with every word of that...........image

I'm sure the whole country i eager to pay fgor her state funeral......

I'm sure the families of the hillsborough tradegy are all going as well as the parts of the country she decimated

• Options

I thought that I would be really happy to hear this news, but, actually, I really don't care. It has happened 30 years too late, the damage has been done. Unfortunately, the latest generation of tories (I include Nick Clegg) are continuing her destructive work.

• Options

for tose of you that think we have better things to do with a few million pounds than pay for one pensioner burial

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45966

• Options

this was an esitmate based on 2008 costs.......

A tricky one, since the last one took place in 1965, but several million pounds is a modest estimate based on the costs for the Queen Mother's funeral in 2002. The Metropolitan police put the cost of providing just over 9,000 officers and civilians at £2m while the Ministry of Defence said the provision of 3,000 servicemen and women cost the taxpayer £301,000. The Mail on Sunday suggested that there might not be enough troops available at present because the armed forces are so overstretched in Afghanistan and Iraq.

so it costs £2 just for the police costs

• Options

I think it would quite fitting to bury her on the anniversary of Hillsborough next Monday. Let it haunt her to the very end.

Of course she had no part in it happening nor did the Police but make no mistake there was only one person at the time who could have ensured the level of cover-up that we are now seeing emerge.

• Options

None more than her

• Options
    EKGO wrote (see)

Of course she had no part in it happening nor did the Police but make no mistake there was only one person at the time who could have ensured the level of cover-up that we are now seeing emerge.

I'd be interested in what proof you have to back this up with? You seem to be making a pretty serious allegation.

• Options

if you want reminding how ignorant the Thatcher government were to the Hillsborough tragedy and the part that Liverpool supporters played in it (wrongly of course), read this letter from Bernard Ingham who as Thatcher's press secretary (paid voice of Thatcher in other words) at the time.

https://twitter.com/Sara_156/status/321246294423261184/photo/1

• Options
    Peter Everitt wrote (see)

I'd be interested in what proof you have to back this up with? You seem to be making a pretty serious allegation.

Where have you been the last few years? Read above link and then try the Taylor report, yes of course we will throw a few policemen to the Lions to satisfy the public, but you cannot be an all-powerful Prime Minister over this period yet claim to know little or nothing about the biggest and most disgraceful cover up in the last 50 years. 

• Options

Hillsborough happened in 1988 - it was 2012 before the full truth was acknowledged.

That says to me that the last Labour government weren't exactly champing at the bit to expose it - so it's hardly fair to put all the blame on Thatcher.

• Options

she was not only in charge in name.....she was truley in charge.not delegating anything to anyone.she wasall powerful in government....

she knew and she arranged..........

there were many to blame.but she was definitely No 1...........

• Options

In The Guardian - What did Margaret Thatcher do for Britain?

Virginia Bottomley, Paddy Ashdown, David Blunkett and John Redwood consider the legacy of the former prime minister, who has died of a stroke at the age of 87

• Options
    EKGO wrote (see)

Where have you been the last few years? Read above link and then try the Taylor report, yes of course we will throw a few policemen to the Lions to satisfy the public, but you cannot be an all-powerful Prime Minister over this period yet claim to know little or nothing about the biggest and most disgraceful cover up in the last 50 years. 

I agree it was an utter disgrace but you have no proof for the allegation you are making - as I thought.

• Options
    David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Surely that letter cannot be for real.

I can't answer that but it wouldn't be far wrong gven that he wrote another one with similar content - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/elections-2010/elections-2010-news/2013/01/16/sir-bernard-ingham-1996-letter-liverpool-should-shut-up-about-hillsborough-100252-32608588/.  

and he has refused to apologise for his statements - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/margaret-thatchers-former-press-secretary-1537315

• Options

It was her administration who covered it up, and it is shameful that it took 23 years to uncover it, but it doesn't change the fact. She rode rough-shod over anything and everything and thankfully she is gone, it is a better world without her

• Options
    EKGO wrote (see)

I agree it was an utter disgrace but you have no proof for the allegation you are making - as I thought.

seren nos wrote (see)

she was not only in charge in name.....she was truley in charge.not delegating anything to anyone.she wasall powerful in government....

she knew and she arranged..........

there were many to blame.but she was definitely No 1...........

Absolutely spot on, she was in power but held the power in every department, no minister could sneeze without her say so, so it is simply not feasible to have orchestrated a cover-up like this without her express permission.

Proof - there won't be any either way, you have to make the educated assessment of how anyone could do this without her knowing, and at that time it didn't happen.

The letter from Bernard Ingram by the way was sent to a Doreen Jones who lost her son in the disaster, it is one of two sent personally. when questioned later regarding this as the truth came out Bernard Ingram admitted he had never read the original Independant Panel report, preferring the opinion he formed himself

• Options

But this is all your own opinion - not fact. And since you have such a hatred of the person your opinion is hardly likely to be unbiased?

For the record, I'm not that interested in politics, I don't agree that a state funeral is appropriate but I do think that when someone dies a bit of respect is due especially considering there is family for whom she was their mum.

• Options
    I am absolutely gutted she is dead, I have trained for months for an half marathon on Sunday and just been told I have to attend her funeral. In the Navy so I have to go and don't get a choice. Why she gets a state funeral for ruining this country I don't know.
  • Options

a strange re-writing of history going on up here. she single-handedly destroyed industries yet more mines were closed under labour. her death does ironically prove one of her key points: that many people cannot take responsibility for their own lives. someone else is to blame. in scotland, anything bad that ever happened is the fault of thatcher.

most of my friends are tweeting today how much they hated her. they didn't: they LOVED her. everyone loves a villain, and she played up to that. she was the perfect prime minister for those with a victim mentality.

• Options
    the dude abides wrote (see)

the impact she had on the dismantling of heavy industry in Scotland is greatly overstated. not insignificant, but overstated. often people need a bogeyman to blame for their problems. she was it.

she didn't wake up one morning and decide she didn't like miners/shipbuilders. other factors caused that downfall. she was just the messenger. and she got shot (electorally speaking).

Yeah. The coal industry was destroyed by cheaper coal from abroad. That could not have been prevented.  Oh, I suppose we could have gone a UKIP-like route, disconnected from the rest of the world, and kept their cheaper coal out. Stayed in a low skill low wage manual labour economy. We could have gone on setting newspapers with molten metal while the rest of the world used computers, too, to "save jobs". Thank goodness we didn't. I guess we're going to get a few weeks of ranting from people who imagine that she personally invented greed, and personally brought about all the changes in our society which have flowed from technology and longer lifespans. I don't think so.

• Options

can't really say much about Hillsborough, however it does seem that, although it is arguable whether or not she actively and deliberately did the wrong thing, she didn't do the right thing.

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

An evil human being. No loss and I'm sure many will celebrate the vile womans passing.

• Options
    I really have nothing (serious) to say on this subject. Ding dong the witch is dead. She can't do any more harm now and what is done is done. To hell with her.