Options

RUNNING A MARATHON 1 MONTH TRAINING

Comments

• Options

I walked to the start of my training session this morning.  I wouldn't swear to it but it felt like 3mph pace, not enough to get a sweat up but certainly i could feel my heart going boom boom boom.

Then in the gym i stretched my frame out so that my stride would be longer, only by mere millimetre but when you add them all together over the course of a marathon it knocks spots off your time.

Once on the treadmill i did the first mile in 8:15. I know this for a fact as my treadmill is like a garmin only it speaks to me whenever there is a change in  speed or stride length. The next three miles i did in 23 :45 which made it sub 8 minute miling. I was happy with that but doris( that's my pet name for my tready) told me i should be going faster.

Turn the bass up !   I said, turn  the  bass up !  Big  dirty stinking bass !! Dirty stinking bass...

Music pumping through the gyms sound system i increased the pace to match the bass,  i really flew for the next 5 miles averaging a speed of 7:15 per mile. Some people go to the gym to work out. To tell you the truth I go just to have a dance and a strech. I just make it look Like i'm dancing.

Tomorrow, as part of my cross training for my next marathon, i'm going to put on my wifes  knickers and bra under my sports gear and do the same again to One direction..

• Options

Thank you for that Waccy image

Honestly though, Alex isn't David. David's injured and isn't running at the moment.

But if you're still not sure, Alex has actually entered Copenhagen now. If he really is David his name will be on the results won't they?

• Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

Alex isn't David, but David could be Alex! image

• Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

Ha ha.  Nah, I reckon you're definitely different people David.  I don't think you'd be clever enough to remember to switch accounts each time you posted image

• Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

I have confidence that you'd still get even a simple thing like that wrong though David.

• Options

stop being so bloody silly you guys as i've told you all before what is going on here.

the guy is a complete nut-case and you only have to look at all the threads he has created to see what a total tosser he is.   

All  he wants is for all of us to post so he can carry on playing..

anyway i went to Cowley centre but ended up with tracksuit bottoms instead of jeans

but never mind, i also got some wild flowers for my allotment and a gooseberry bush, also for my patch.

This guy is a muppet .

• Options

david might bea nut case.but alex is definitely not David.......

give alez some credit.......he started off on with a bad start but he is trying to make his best attempt of this marathon in a short time

• Options

Oh seren nos you poor child 

he has given you so many clues and you blindly ignore them.

How do you know that David is not A coward?

He certainly acts like one.   I would say that he is the nastiest piece of work i have ever encountered on this thread. I suspect he is really in a hospital ward somewhere and they let him out of his stratjacket to type.

• Options

and his partner who posts on this thread...and the fact david uses his real name and you can see real pictures of him and his girlfriend............

• Options

my wife who doesn't post on any thread thinks i'm talking to my girlfriend in Jamaica

at the moment.

• Options

If she knew the rubbish i've been reading she'd get me committed alongside

that non-running fellow who talks nonsense on twenty different forums

just to take the piss out of all the gullies.image

You should ignore the silly sod or just talk nonsense back at him.

• Options

I am not David...

Just ignore him on this thread, let him cause mayhem elsewere.

• Options

alex

what have you got planned for the weekend.........have a look at the london marathon for those finishing after 5and a half hours.they will be in pain.........

whilst you will probably finish way before that you will still probably feel the same pain if you go off too fats because the walk that occurs when you are totally knackered is so slow its painful..........where as the wlak that occurs in a planned walk run is purposeful....

so after you long run this weekend.....try going for a walk to add time to your legs without risking injury from running more

• Options
    JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Hi waccyracer, I think you have got a slightly wrong view of Df3. He is not a "nasty piece of work" . He just likes to stir things up a bitimage

Yes he can be annoying but he's not nasty.

If you see us at the Neolithic pls come over and say hi. Would be lovely to meet you. Or anyone else from here who is doing it. Our numbers are 27& 28 image
  • Options

next three days I have this planned:

40mins 12) 50mins 13) 10mins shakeout14)

Yesterday I ran for around an hour. My feet are quite tired because I spent a lot of time yesterday running around doing other stuff, including a 6 hour party. 

Today I will spend a lot ofrime on my feet again anyhow.

I was thinking of resting today, then doing a 2 hour run tomorrow? Will try walking after.

• Options

just did 21k, on gps, took 2 hours. 

played football for 2 hours earlier in the day, so calf/achilles tendon was sore from 10k onwards :/

• Options

OK that's about half marathon distance doing just over 9 minute miling so that's the pace you need to be aiming for. Personally I would try to go even more slowly but as long as you feel comfortable with that, it's fine.

I suggest you rest today if you have a niggle, especially after playing 2 hours of football as well.

• Options

"as long as you feel comfortable with that, it's fine"

Was not feeling tired etc, the thing slowing me down was my swolen calf/tendon, I hope it recovers soon/ It was a problem two days ago, the reason why I took saturday off.

Will rest and hope for the best. If it's not a problem on the day I think I can get a respecable time, if it is then finishing will be my only goal.

• Options

Did you ice and elevate your leg afterwards?

• Options
    Screamapillar wrote (see)

Did you ice and elevate your leg afterwards?

?!?!?!?????????????!??!? no....

• Options

Why the question marks Alex? I can't believe that as a footballer you've never had an injury...

Anyway, if it's sore next time you run, ice, elevate and take ibuprofen or paracetamol -  you need to try to reduce any swelling as soon as you can.

• Options
    If you have a niggle definitley ice afterards:....if its achillies be careful and I would bin the football for the next few weeks
  • Options
    seren nos wrote (see)
    If you have a niggle definitley ice afterards:....if its achillies be careful and I would bin the football for the next few weeks

Completely agree. You don't want a football injury to ruin your chances. It's less than 4 weeks now anyway.

• Options

So, where's Alex gone?

Somehow I can't imagine the training is all going swimmingly.

• Options
    Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭

I believe the training unearthed  a top class 1500m runner. Lucky he didn't follow Run Wales plan-  that would have had him focusing on the marathon. 

• Options

Maybe he got lost on one of his runs.

He's probably somewhere in the middle of Sweden fighting off bears and trying to stop the wolves eating his running shoes...image 

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭

the last 3 weeks of most plans are for the taper, so maybe he is just resting his legs.