RUNNING A MARATHON 1 MONTH TRAINING

Comments

• He was always taking the mickey playing with his mouse . 

Let me put down a piece of cheese to see if I can tempt him out.

Come on out you Coward and lets all talk silly for a while.

• Well I've spent the last week in eastern europe basically drinking. On the positive side I did at least spend a lot of time on my feet, only slept about 2-3 hours a night, sometimes less not at all. So about 15 hours a day+ I was walking/on my feet. On the negative side I have an awful hangover and have turned yellow. I am currently drinking 20+ pints of water a day to fix myself.... as I learned in medical toxicology the solution to pollution is dilution.....

Went for a run yesterday for 15 minutes, fitness is suprisingly ok, when I did the half marathon the problem was not my fitness level but my achilles tendon/calf swelled up/became tight/painful, possibly due to the weather *ran at night so it was about 2 degrees when I started and ended below zero. Possibly due to the fact just before I had played football for 2 hours.

Anyway I'm hoping that the time I spent walking all day in eastern europe will have made my legs tougher and hopefully my fitness is good enough to run at 530-6 minutes per kiliometer during the actual race. 

I will run 10K today and let you know how it goes image

• "Let me put down a piece of cheese to see if I can tempt him out." I'm here now...quite frankly if I followed run wales plan I would never have made it through the first 3 days.....

It was something like 30 minutes, 60, 60.....I found the 30, 40, 50 incredibly challenging. Worst three runs I had to do.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Hello Alex, glad to see you back.

That sounds like a bit much water to be drinking in a day. One time back in my student days a moronic friend of mine (a boy) bet his housemates he could drink a gallon of water in one go and ended up in A&E. Just saying.

• ....If I'm awake for 16 hours then its just over a pint an hour....hardly crazy.

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    Alex Coward 2 wrote (see)

On the positive side I did at least spend a lot of time on my feet, only slept about 2-3 hours a night, sometimes less not at all. 

Erm, yeah. Every cloud has a silver lining, it seems. image

• Tenjiso wrote (see)

On the positive side I did at least spend a lot of time on my feet, only slept about 2-3 hours a night, sometimes less not at all. 

Erm, yeah. Every cloud has a silver lining, it seems. image

Well it's better than getting depressed about the situation...considering I'm yellow I'm feeling pretty positive about Copenhagen image

• I'm thinking now... lets see what advice I can give you... maybe you need to drink just that little bit more as 20 pints isn''t very much for a young  lad like you..

• Yep, and another silver lining is that if he's drunk so much alcohol that he's turned yellow then he won't be needing a fluorescent top for all that night running that he's doing. image

• half the problem was alcohol, the other half was drinking far to many cocaine energy drinks.... they have 64 mg caffiene per 100mm, my heart was doing all kinds of crazy things some nights image

• Nothing wrong with being yellow.  We're all yellows fans around here.  IT's when you turn blue that you've got to start worrying.

Oh and welcome back  in from the cold.... try not to kick any balls ..

• I turned green once....there's no continuation after that for me, I can't get ut of bed....so blue is a physical impossibility I HOPE image

• hold on .... before I commit myself to using any more of my hard earned words on this thread .... can someone remind me what it is about...  I seem to remember a 36 day training plan...

then i got caught up in that saga with whatshisname  so I have lost the thread...

so to speak...

• Alex Coward 2 wrote (see)

half the problem was alcohol, the other half was drinking far to many cocaine energy drinks.... they have 64 mg caffiene per 100mm, my heart was doing all kinds of crazy things some nights image

Cocaine energy drinks???

• hales2585 wrote (see)

half the problem was alcohol, the other half was drinking far to many cocaine energy drinks.... they have 64 mg caffiene per 100mm, my heart was doing all kinds of crazy things some nights image

Cocaine energy drinks???

Must be a Scandinavian thing?

• Jeezus. You'll kill yourself before its time to race. 20 pints a day ? The runner who died of hyponatremia at London had a lot less than that. Do you have a grown up to look after you ?
  • well that explains it all, the mood swings, the late nights walking, the thirsts

it sounds like you have got a serious cocaine habit 

don't know what to advise at this point.... hang on while i confer with the missus..

• I'm aware of the science.....which is why I'm also taking on extra salts/sugars etc

I'm not an idiot despite the overwhelming view of the thread...I just do idiotic things.

• hey that's not fair Mr Coward i never ever said you were an idiot...

fair enough i did call you an ejit but that was before i became aware of your drink and drug problems..

• "drug problems.." everyone is aware it's just caffiene right image

• So you've spent a week getting pissed, not sleeping enough and getting hyped up on "energy" drinks but you kid yourself you have done some sort of training because you have "spent a lot of time on your feet." You are deluded.

You had a bare month to train at the beginning and have wasted a week of that.

What a bloody clown!

Just FYI: 20 pints of water a day (given that you are asleep for a fair chunk of that) can kill you.

Also yellow = jaundice. That's pretty bad news and means your liver is not functioning properly. Clearly you are not race fit but I would would question whether you are healthy enough generally.

I woud suggest you get checked out by a doctor.

• This is interesting.... "I woud suggest you get checked out by a doctor." I am nearly one.

• Hey steady on screamyperson can't you see the poor lad has health issues and 

now that he has started to wet the bed as well it must be a bit of a nightmare for him at the moment so how about some kind hearted words intead of telling him to go and see a quack.

• Alex Coward 2 wrote (see)

This is interesting.... "I woud suggest you get checked out by a doctor." I am nearly one.

So why don't you know anything about hyponatremia or jaundice?

•  

This is interesting.... "I woud suggest you get checked out by a doctor." I am nearly one.

I say again.....WHAT THE FUCK?

• quack quack....  

boom boom... image

• BTW - doing idiotic things does actually make you an idiot.

• Pudge if i was a swearing man i'd swear i  knew that Mr Coward was a quack already......