Options

RUNNING A MARATHON 1 MONTH TRAINING

Comments

• Options

Well done. Good effort.

Word to the wise though: the GMC are getting tougher and are taking increasing interest in the activities of students. So publically boasting that you drank yourself into a state of jaundice is probably not the best course of action. After all, Seren managed to identify you...

Also, orthopods aren't really doctors, they're just carpenters with ties.

HTH.

• Options
    PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

It depends on how good your swimming is and cycling is.  Don't think that you can wing an IM though.  You were lucky today and are obviously are a decent natural runner, but you need to put the miles in on the bike to do an IM.  I spent years building up to IM, but the actual training was about 5/6 months.

• Options

ah yer well my swimming is pretty terrible, cycling is ok but far from great, probably similar to running, swimming really is bad though.

"What like the way you posted the same post 16 minutes later in case we missed it the first time?" COOL STORY BRO NEEDS MORE DRAGONS AND SHIT. (I am going to be immature forever to you from now.... image

Will get cycling and swimming a bit then probably try when I'm nearer to 30...I understand an IM is stupidly hard.

• Options

Good detective work...I did 4.36, was great until 26k when I had cramp and really struggled. 

Probably could have done better, after the 2.05 half I felt pretty good and thought about going for a sub 4 time, went a bit too quick and had massive cramp the whole way after 26k. Really painful too finish. 

Full marathon is NOTHING like a half, a half is actually quite enjoyable, I'm sure with enough training a full could feel the same, but that was not the way it felt to me. 

• Options

ah yer well my swimming is pretty terrible, cycling is ok but far from great, probably similar to running, swimming really is bad though.

"What like the way you posted the same post 16 minutes later in case we missed it the first time?" COOL STORY BRO NEEDS MORE DRAGONS AND SHIT. (I am going to be immature forever to you from now.... image

Will get cycling and swimming a bit then probably try when I'm nearer to 30...I understand an IM is stupidly hard.

• Options
    Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭

Well that's an hour quicker than I predicted.  Well done.  Stiff tomorrow, that's one prediction I won't get wrong !

• Options
    TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    Alex Coward 2 wrote (see)

So.....how long would it take to train for an iron man? (just to complete within the time limit)...

In your case, about six weeks image

Well done in the marathon. 

• Options

If your name is not really Alexander Coward, as you admit in an early thread,

then how can the detective work on your finish time be correct?

If in fact you are who you claim to be then I deserve to be called names, even names I wouldn't even call my cat, by everyone on these threads.  You can

prove me wrong with your finish line photograph 

then i will  say sorry to all those people  who think I'm some kind of a C**try bumkin.

Many thanks.   

• Options

So.....how long would it take to train for an iron man? (just to complete within the time limit)...

alex.as i said originally.you are young and fit....so it would not be hard for you to do.......

it is not impossibly hard to do.hundreds of ordinary average runners on here have done it......

but you have to want it and to train for it..about 6 months.....

obviously the slower and older and heavier you are the more you have to train....

you being young and fit could get away with less training and still complete it...but you would have to put in some regular training for a few months.....

and as you have found.......the less training you do the more hurt you will have.......but for an ironman if you don't respect the distance the pain will be for a hell of a lot longer and you will have to be mentally strong to get to the finish.....

• Options

waccy.....are you still going on about alex.......if you wait a day you can go on the website and see his picture for yourself.but its a bit weird a man of your age wanting to see a young man of 21's photo.you shouldn't be obsessing over young boys.its not healthy

• Options

Well done Alex - fair play to you.

• Options

Seren,to be fair, he has already said his real name is not Alex.

I'm not on these threads as much as you so what is obsessive about  asking to see proof?   Don't be so sick making comments like that.

• Options

For a 21 year old, obviously in reasonable shape?  Not long, assuming you can already swim and ride a bike, and you're not trying for anything other than the 16 or 17 hour cut off.  As PipG says though, you couldn't just turn up, you'd need some bike miles because riding 112 miles if all you've done is a few 2 hour rides is going to wipe you out.  But do enough to get yourself to the end of the bike leg in a reasonable condition within the bike cut off and you can pretty much walk the marathon to make the overall limit.

Your swimming might be 'terrible' now but you don't need to be fast, just confident enough that you can keep going for the time needed.  2.4 miles seems a long way if your used to a few 25 m lengths, but it's really just more of the same.  If you gave yourself 6 months that would be plenty, you could probably do it in a lot less.

• Options

I don't do quotes but you can go to page 161

of this thread to read

"OK Alex Coward is not my real name."

therefore how can a time by someone called Alex be Proof of finish time for this poster?

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

seren nos wrote (see)

waccy.....are you still going on about alex.......if you wait a day you can go on the website and see his picture for yourself.but its a bit weird a man of your age wanting to see a young man of 21's photo.you shouldn't be obsessing over young boys.its not healthy

wow, have you added massive wind up merchant to your list of attributes image

• Options
    The original waccyracer wrote (see)

Seren,to be fair, he has already said his real name is not Alex.

He said his real name isn't Alex Coward.  He gave enough information early on to work out who he was on the entry list (a name that wasn't on the list to start with, so he couldn't have just assumed the identity of another runner).  That runner finished in 4:36, so obviously there'll be a photo in due course, if you're interested.  Heck, he's 21, there'll be photos of him all over the web, probably.

But to be fair, you're not going to believe anything other than your claim that he's DF3, so why bother?

At the end of the day there's no way of knowing that the person typing any post on here is who they claim to be.  I could be me, or I could be my kids having a laugh, how would you know?  But if we assume the worst of every poster, on something as benign as a running forum, then the internet's worse off for it.

• Options

the runner who finished in 4:36 is Swedish but our Mr Coward

has already said he is English .

sorry about that Cheerful.

• Options

FUCKS SAKE, ALEX COWARD IS NOT MY NAME

ALEX IS

COWARD IS A MADE UP THING, WHAT SORT OF A SECOND NAME IS COWARD ANYWAY?!?!?

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Noel seemed to cope with it ok.
  • Options

/members/images/772109/gallery/Picture0067.JPG

..... now how would I fake that

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Waccy, DF3 is a lot of things, but even he isn't mad enough to invent a new character, and argue with himself using another login as on this thread!

• Options

the runner who finished in 4:36 is Swedish but our Mr Coward

has already said he is English .

sorry about that Cheerful.

No, the 4:36 runner is an entry from Sweden where he's studying (he said that in an early post).  The entry was also linked to an English university as well as the Swedish one. 

• Options

Oh you are a swearmy type Mr  not Alex Coward,      I suppose that's down to the stimulants you've been drinking.

Coward is a great surname for someone who likes to hide and play games.

All the abuse I've been getting has been due to my mistake in calling your bluff

I was not aware you  were playing a game with other posters and my ignorance has set some formites against me .     

That is why i am being persistent.

Have a happy day and please try to excuse my spelling errors .

• Options

" If you gave yourself 6 months that would be plenty"

Would it be as painful as yesterday....???

• Options

Maybe less painful, more exhaustion.  You'll be cream crackered after the bike almost regardless of training, so you'll start the marathon with a run/walk strategy with the simple aim of finishing by midnight.  The more bike training you do the easier the run will be, but it'll be a long slog.  The time isn't a problem, you could take 6:23 and still make it.

• Options

Oh you are a swearmy type Mr  not Alex Coward,      I suppose that's down to the stimulants you've been drinking.

Coward is a great surname for someone who likes to hide and play games.

All the abuse I've been getting has been due to my mistake in calling your bluff

I was not aware you  were playing a game with other posters and my ignorance has set some formites against me .     

That is why i am being persistent.

Have a happy day and please try to excuse my spelling errors .

Alex was not the one playing games with you - it was me. I was teasing you to wind you up. I know full well that Alex Coward is not DF3.

Alex can't fake his race photos - just compare them with the one DF3 posted after Reading and then come back and tell us if it's the same person.

And if it isn't (which it isn't) please stop this lunacy.

• Options

What is so bad about DF3? I'm confused he seems to be hated more than me...and it's fair to say I've been an arrogant twat.

Obviously I don't really know what he did in the past etc I'm just a bit confused.

• Options
    Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭

What is so bad about DF3? I'm confused he seems to be hated more than me...and it's fair to say I've been an arrogant twat.

Obviously I don't really know what he did in the past etc I'm just a bit confused.

A bit of an amateur attempt at a wind-up Alex.

And you've been doing so well!