Just awoken from a coma, can I run the VLM?

13»

Comments

• Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

The only way you've got a chance is if you used to play footie as a kid.  Otherwise, forget it.

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

What happened.... did he slip back into a coma?

• no, i'm still here.

I'm walking again now, so I'm on track for the win at London. I'm well in tapering mode now, haven't lifted a finger since I woke from the coma and I am mainlining donuts because that's what my friend says i should do. Did i tell you he's a really good runner. He said if I eat only donuts and drink only beetroot juice for the next 3 days I'll probably be able to break 2 hours.

• be careful with the beetroot juice or the hospital staff will have you straight down to theatre opening you up.one look at your pee and they will think you are in trouble

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

confuse hospital staff by adding the unknown into your urine drinking beetroot juice with a berocca.

• Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭

Maybe you could find yourself an electronics wizard who can manipulate your chip?

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

So cruel..... There is a name on the tip of my tongue.... El... nope it's gone! (that really is a cruel thread).

• Make sure you wear a GPS tracking device so that everyone on RW can see where you are at all times.

No later than Sunday evening, please make full disclosure of your previous race results - not just chip time and splits, but course information, what you wore, what you had for breakfast, what you did the week before the race and any other pertient information so we can analyse your VLM performance in the context of your previous races.

• I don't think a garmin will be necessary, since I'll be on the telly leading from the front the whole way round. Did I tell you I'm eating beetroot juice? That makes you run fast, my friend said, and he's really fast.

• skottyskotty ✭✭✭

seren nos wrote (see)

be careful with the beetroot juice or the hospital staff will have you straight down to theatre opening you up.one look at your pee and they will think you are in trouble

just eat plenty of asparagus as well and all will be fine.

• AgentGinger wrote (see)

Did I tell you I'm eating beetroot juice?

If you're eating it, it may not be juice. But it should still make you run fast.

Pop a couple of whole baby beetroots in the front of your tights as well. This will provide extra available fuel during the race, and the cameras love an extra jiggly bit.

• Nicky McNamerson wrote (see)
    AgentGinger wrote (see)

Did I tell you I'm eating beetroot juice?

If you're eating it, it may not be juice. But it should still make you run fast.

Pop a couple of whole baby beetroots in the front of your tights as well. This will provide extra available fuel during the race, and the cameras love an extra jiggly bit.

And don't forget the carrot!

• Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭
    AgentGinger wrote (see)

Hi All,

After winning a place in the VLM ballot last year I thought I'd better start training so I was doing one parkrun a week. At one of these runs I collapsed from exhaustion and slipped into a coma. I awoke two days ago and was delighted to see it was not yet 21st April. So my question is, how do I best make use of the remaining 11 days before the marathon?

Having been in a coma for 6 months I have a little bit of muscle atrophy, but nothing that a couple of jogs wouldn't sort out i'm sure. Are there any gels that would help?

Also, what are the best shoes for a marathon?

Also, did someone say Thatcher was dead?

How did it go?

• SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

He has not finished yet! I think he has slipped into another coma.....

• Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

I did see a chap with bright orange hair right at the back. Looked a bit of a clown to me. image