Advice for a mild over pronator...

I have been told I need a mild stability shoe from my local running store.

I am a mild over pronator.

I have a normal arch, my feet aren't very wide, but I need a lot of cushioning.

Can someone please advise the shoe for me!?

Thanks in advance,

Lukas.

Comments

• theres plenty of talk on this forum and many others over whether anyone really needs pronation control................ but if you do go for mild stability with cushioning my advice would be to give the mizuno inspire a try.

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    What did the store reccomend?
  • The guy in the running shop let me try two shoes on, as they only had two stability shoes in a size 9.5. They were a Mizuno shoe (unsure of the model, but i don't remember it being an Inspire), and a Brooks shoe. They were both comfortable enough, but I didn't feel like they were too much different to the shoe I have now. I think the best test for me is to do a run on the road, a treadmill in store isn't a good enough comparison.

I have actually been looking at the Mizuno Inspire, so i may order a pair of them and see how I get on.

Any other suggestions?

I read the Brooks Adrenaline GTS were a good shoe for over pronators too...

• stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

The best shoe is the one that fits you ... my recommendation would be Asics 2000 series or Saucony Guide (or Mirage), but no idea whether they would suit you.

What shoe are you currently wearing and have you been experiencing any niggles or pains since you started using them.

• Well i've been experiencing Peroneal Tendonitis for over 8 weeks. I rested for 5-6 weeks on doctors orders, but on my first run back the pain was back.

I also get a lot of ankle/calf pain. The ankle is sore to touch all the way around.

After taking my shoes with me to the running store, they pretty much laughed at me when they seen what i'd been running in - Reebok Zigtech shoes! I realise now, these are definitely not running shoes so could do with getting some proper ones before I do anymore damage. I'm running about 5-8 miles on each run, three times a week.

• stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

Ah OK - just asking to work out why you needed to change - but thats a very good reason!image

Hopefully any proper running shoe should help get over the tendonitis.  Is there another shop that you can try?  Mild overpronation is very common, so another shop may have a wider range of shoes in stock.

• Thanks for the suggestions anyhow, I will check them all out and see if they have them in any of the other sports stores near me image

• If anyone is interested in a pair of these shoes you can get them from surfdome for £89.99. Then use coupon code SAVE10 to get 10% off, and if done through quidco, an extra 8% can be saved.

If you add something to the basket to take it over £100 in total, use SAVE15 to get 15% off. Handy if you need some other gear such as shorts/socks etc!

• if its mild overpronation I would go for the asics 1000 range not the 2000 range as Sutyr advised..

there is no replacement for good expert advice and trying them on