Options

Brighton Marathon 2014

Comments

• Options

Hello all

Some great running going on!

I haven't managed an LSR for two weeks, last weekend due to rowing in a regatta and this weekend due to feeling blurrghhimage I have done a couple of weekday runs, so hopefully will be able to catch up with the LSR milage!

Feeling much better today, going to run tomorrow I hopeimage

• Options

all i can say is i must get out for a run today

• Options

It is again going to be terribly hot in Austria this year. Weather forcast is 37 Degree Centigrade this week. Keep on running is like Hell.

I skipped the Smart Coach training plan after three weeks because in the immense heat it is impossible to run at a given pace. I switched back to heartbeat-based training from the book "Advanced Marathoning" which I can highly recommend.

Today 8mi with 10 strides.

• Options

Morning all

well got out for my run yesterday 6 miles in 55 minutes just down loaded it and most of the splits were back in the 8 range so well pleased

• Options

Was suppose to be an interval run today and i was going to be good and do all my runs (if i can) in the morning (school holidays now so i dont have to be a slave to the time ) as long as im in work for 10 oclock!!

We had thunder this morning!!! It knocked out the power!!! Meaning NO TREADMILL!! gggrrr i didnt fancy running in the storm somehow.....still ill have to do it when i get home at 3 .30 hope its not still too warm then ...

Good running going on...

• Options

Well, was still too warm to do an interval run in my sauna of a garage when i finished work, so i swapped it for tomorrows run ,which was 35 mins steady ...i did this outside and i still wilted in the heat ..ran at a 9.44 min mile pace on track and grass so was happy with the time and pace.....thought it was suppose to get cooler after the thunder storms..it feels tropical out there ...its lush though ...

• Options

Morning all

Well 10 mile for me yesterday and no it was no cooler after the thunder storm i must say it felt like a struggle and i was expecting the splits to be poor but i have just down loaded them and to my surprise all but two were in the 8’s

I t took me 1:30:35 not the quickest by a long stretch in fact it’s just over 6 minutes slower than it was 6 weeks ago but comparing it to week 12 training for the GNR which is what i trained for this time last year I’m well over 10 minutes quicker

• Options

Yea managed to get my interval run done on the dreadmill this morning!! Garage was fairly cool as i was running at 8 oclock!!!

I ran speeds of 7.5mph woo hoo and felt ok...

Ive worked out i would like to run at 7mph for my marathon which i think works at a pace of 8.40???

So Mr Toby your job for the bristol half is to drag me round at that pace if possible please imageimageimage thank you ...im just praying for a nice cool morning that day....

• Options

8:40 pace it is we’re have to get together for a practise run let me know when’s a good time for you

• Options

Morning all! Good running Yvonne image got up at 5 today to get my 3 miles per the plan in this morning was hoping for 9 min miles but legs were tired as was I. Run took 26.40 and splits were 930, 854 and 811 happy with that and average of 851. Off to the gym tonight for some cycling as I feel I need to build up my leg strength with some cross training. 

• Options

Tillstar your running body sounds like mine its a bit slower for the first mile but after that it gets the hang of it and speeds up!! image Really should do a warm up like i do before a running race, but i normally ,when training, just let that first mile be my warm up!!

Toby any weekend suits me for a practice run at that pace ...well i say any weekend normally a saturday is best or a sunday when im not working which is every other.... (i know its complicated)....i can come to you or you to me i dont mind ...

• Options

Well I’m on holiday now for a week well i say holiday i have a first aid refresher course Monday and Tuesday so they have to give me Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night off so i booked Wednesday and Thursday as holiday so if you want to come down this weekend that will be great or we could come up to you next weekend

• Options

Morning all, we will reach 39 Degrees Centigrade this weekend and I have to run at 29 Degrees even when I run early morning or late evening because temperatures do not drop below 24 Degrees Centigrade during the night.

After the terrible summer last year I did not expect that we have a even hotter summer this year! Running at a given heart rate is better to handle in the heat than running at a given pace. Today rest day, tomorrow 21k with 13k Marathon heart rate between 137 and 149 bpm.

Take care!

• Options

Morning all! 8 miles for me this morning.  It was one of those runs where your legs scream at you to stop and you have to rely on the voice in your head that says you came out to do 8 miles and you are not going home until you do them so quit moaning and push harder image wasnt expecting great results but just downloaded from Garmin (new one after old faithful died) and all the miles were in the 9s and averaged 9.21 pace so i am very happy with that.  To think a few weeks ago i struggled to do 2 miles in the 10s.  Just goes to show what determination can achieve.  Happy running everyone image

• Options

Good running Tillstar if you keep that pace up and get quicker youll be on for a sub 4 hour marathon!!!

I had 6 miles to do today,was up and out early as im getting use to that now, average pace of 9:35 which was up hill and down dale as i call it ....

• Options

Thanks Yvonne that would be a dream come true but for now it's just a case of working hard and I will see what pace I am heading for when I do my autumn half marathon. I just want to work as hard as I can because I enjoy it and I want to look back and know I did my best image well done on your run

• Options

Tillstar what half are you doing? youve probably said but i have a brain like a sieve!!

Im doing the usuall madness of 3 in a few weeks ,last year me and toby and poohbear embarked on a running fortnight on 3 consequetive sundays!! was fun we did bristol cricklade and swindon halfs....doing it again this year but bristol is at its usual time of year so i think its 3 halfs in 5 weeks

• Options

That is madness but I'm sure you three will manage it with ease image I'm entered for quite a few but not doing them all. Have settled for Basingstoke in early October and of course Brighton in February. Also have the great south run in October. At the gym now, my legs are wondering what's happened lol 

• Options

Afternoon all

Tillstar good running 15 miles for me Friday ran up to the running shop as i need new running shoes gone for a pair of brooks tried i different running shop this time and as it was up buy were Poohbear works dropped them off on the way home and then carried on

• Options

Toby i changed to brooks from asics, was the best change i ever did .....IMHO they are the dogs danglies!!!

• Options

13k Marathon speed were manageable but then I turned and had the sun in my face all the way back. It was terribly hot around 32 Degrees Centigrade and I was not able to run the whole distance without walking breaks. Sunday we reached 37 Degrees, today we have 36 Degrees. No running on Sunday, today possibily no running as well. Tomorrow is the forecast 26 Degrees - much better!

@ Yvonne 2: I like the idea of doing consecutive races! A year ago I did a half on Saturday and one on Sunday. I did not break my PB but it was fun!

I enrolled for the Vienna Night Run (5k) on October 1, and for the Pilsen half (Czech Republic) on October 5. I consider both races as tune up for the Lucerne Marathon (Switzerland) on October 27.

• Options

4 miles for me tonight.  Decided to do them outside as the weather is cooler today. Splits were all under 9 min miles with an average of 8.38 - One very happy Tilly!

• Options

Evening all

went to one of Alison gym sessions yesterday felt all right afterwards but went out for a run today Alison gym sessions yesterday felt all right afterwards but went out for a run today and boy did i struggled legs were like lead did just under 7.75 miles took me just over an hour

• Options

well all signed up for the Swindon H/M in October

• Options

Dear all!

Still terribly hot in easter Austria and no rain since 50 days. Recovery has become bad due to the tropical nights - I never before experienced such a deep tiredness. There is no chance that the heat wave will stop before the end of next week and I seriously consider to stop running for the next 10 days.

What would you advise? I have no problem with sweating and hydration and such things but my feet are sore even though I jump into cold water after the runs.

Many thanks, Franz

• Options

Franz i do know that for us in britain anything over 25 degrees is considered hot for running and i did find it hard to run in the little heat wave we had a few weeks ago ...i ran first thing in the morning when it was cooler but still in the 20s....

When i couldnt fit a morning run in then i didnt run at all not in the heat we had ....it didnt affect my fitness as i did an exercise dvd and cross training.....

I think you should rest up from running in the heat and keep your fitness up with cross training ..

Im off for a little bimble with toby on saturday ,looking forward to getting my legs running faster ....

• Options

Afternoon all

Well just 5 miles for me today it has warmed up again struggled again in the heat will rest up now till Saturday

• Options

Thanks yvonne, if you beliefe in long-term weather forecast the heat wave will break on Friday next week! What a relief! Following your advice I replace todays run with a Yoga session.

For next years summer I will prepare a room in my cellar where it is much cooler for better sleep during heat waves!

Unfortunately, running in the early hours is totally against my internal clock. If I do a hard session in the morning I feel bad for the rest of the day. Moreover, I have to commute and the window for a run in the morning is rather thight. Both is additional stress to my body and mind  and I rather cancel the run on such day. Only Saturday is a day for a morning run, but in any case before 9:00 am image.

Have a nice run on the weekend!

• Options

Morning all

well we have Yvonne coming down today and were going to run part of the Bristol H/M course it also give me a chance to practice pacing her before the big day and Yvonne a chance to see how far she can run at that pace

• Options

Arrrrggghhhhh .......