Valencia Marathon 2013

Comments

• John, go onto website, go to verify your registration (which you already did ages ago when you signed up) put in your name and your reg will come up with a dorsal number, plus an option to print it.  The print version is what you should take with you along with passport. 

I've no idea about getting around but I have a Valencian work colleague and will be talking to her tomorrow so I will post up any useful info then. 

ive heard the bars and restaurants in Old Town are good. 

• Hi everyone. I am a Valencia born and raised runner who lives in the UK for 9 years. I will join all of you on Sunday.

I ran last year and it was a really great race. Good organisation and fantastic weather. It looks like we will be lucky on that front this year again.  

I am more than happy to answer any questions you have about the city or the race.

JR1878 from the train station to the starting line you can get the tube (Xativa to Alameda stations, direct line). From there it is a 15 mins. walk that would be good to stretch your legs and warm up a bit before the race. Alternatively, taxis are not expensive.

For the after race drinks I would recommend going to El Barrio del Carmen. It is the old town and plenty of bars to choose from.  

• Boom, the weather forecast has improved, now saying 14 and no rain, with cloud. Perfect! Still no email though.

• Morning, just done 6 miles at marathon pace - final run before Sunday. Wore the race day trainers, felt ok. Nowt left to do except carb load.

Dan - i wouldn't worry about the email - if it doesn't come i think the registration document that you have printed off with the dorsal number on in big print along with your passport should be sufficient to collect your race pack. I've also printed off the original email confirming successful entry into the race.

Any other peeps in the house care to share their bib numbers so we can add it to the list?

• Bib:       Screename:

1949    The Jimbob

3267    Chris Abell 2

7986    JakeUK

8273    Daniel Snowden 2

• I have an email .....

• Good luck to all of the runners this year.

I ran it last year. What a fantastic place. And the home of the

Holy grail.(in the local cathedral)

I went to watch Valencia play Espanyol on the Saturday last year.

I found the food cheap; and drink was very reasonable

Don't get the taxi from the airport the metro was great.

I wish I was doing it again. But I have chose Seville in February.

Once again have a great time.
  • Talos, you might have just found a winter race for me, was going to do Barca Half again in Feb but always happy to visit new places, Seville mara looks ace and very unlikely to be hot in Feb image

Flying out to Valencia @ 12:30 today, getting more than a bit excited image Will keep an eye out fo details of where to catch you guys for a beer.

Good luck all....

ps. last night received an sms message with my dorsal number!

• Good luck Valencia crew - great city

• Just got my number and nice t shirt!!

NO PINS OR SAFETY PINS THO!!

WTF?! No hunting for pins!!!
  • Showing 15o on the electronic displays around and about, looking distinctly baltic for Sunday, 13o!

Was great to read about all the en-route entertainment, 74 points of interest throughout the course apparently image

Really love this city, knocks spots off Barca imo.

• pottermoss 8230 reporting for punishment

I have had internet issues. I hope preps are going well. I fancy loading on paella and have been reccommended"la pepica"as the home of paella;in the home of paella.

• I'm slight scared of paella the night before a race - what if the seafood does "bad" things to me........!

1949    The Jimbob

3267    Chris Abell 2

7986    JakeUK

8230    Pottermoss

8273    Daniel Snowden 2

• I hear you Daniel. Truesay. Therell be options fosho.
  • Anybody scouted out a post-race meetc up point that serves delicious cold beer by the gallon?
  • Thanks for info everyone

Got my e-mail yesterday Bib number 7187

Nervous a bit now But looking forward to it too. Got 3.43 PB in Berlin this Sept so maybe hoping to beat that if its a flat course

Good luck everyone

• GeeeMGeeeM ✭✭✭

Have fun in Valencia kids - i did it last year and met up with some of the RW crew in a n Irish bar afterwards image

Brilliant course in a brilliant city - you'll love it... The expo was a bit wierd last year, pick up your number in the expo hall with the stands, then the t-shirt in a different place?

But the city of Arts & Sciences is amazing image what a bonkers place... watch out for lots of people called Jesus

/members/images/488343/Gallery/Untitled.jpg

1949    The Jimbob

3267    Chris Abell 2

7187    JR1878

7986    JakeUK

8230    Pottermoss

8273    Daniel Snowden 2

• still up - wife just got in from work, kids in bed asleep - more or less packed - just ate a bit of kebab ..... must try to get a bit of sleep as cab picking me up at 4.45am (YOUCH!)

see you crazy mo fos tomorrow! keep posting the bib nos and i'll update the list before i head out tomorrow. May the force be with Y'allimage 

• Hi all,

Have followed this thread since registering for the marathon months ago. I am a marathon virgin so it has been good to read such positive things on here.

My bib number is "10.490". Really looking forward to the big day now. And celebrating after!

Liam
  • Hi everyone, sorry also not been on here for ages but arrived in Valencia with Liam ^^^ on Thursday and having a lovely chill out. Went to the expo yesterday which was easy- the safety pins for bibs are available where you pick up the t shirts (not at the bib pick up for some reason!). Hope you all have a great race, I'm number 10471.
  • Afternoon all, good to bump into some at the airport! Turns out our hotel is about 30 seconds walk from the start finish, so we'll up for post race beers directly after!

• Daniel Snowden 2 wrote (see)

Afternoon all, good to bump into some at the airport! Turns out our hotel is about 30 seconds walk from the start finish, so we'll up for post race beers directly after!

Is that where you are meeting for beers? Would be good to pop in to see how everyone got one (if you are still around by the time I get over the line!). What is name of hotel or bar where I could catch up with you all?

Expo was crazy tonight, busy, busy, busy...Only XXXXXXL shirts left but a lovely quality t shirt.

1949    The Jimbob

3267    Chris Abell 2

7187    JR1878

7986    JakeUK

8230    Pottermoss

8273    Daniel Snowden 2

10471  Keira P

10490  Liam1988

• Peeps let us know where u will go for a drink. We went to Finnighans in Plaza de La Reina this evening for the rugby. Could meet there if u like .....?

• That sounds like an ideal venue to me image +1 for Finnighans.