Valencia Marathon 2013

123457»

Comments

• I'm fine with that suggestion. Time?
  • Done. Shall we say from 3 onwards?

• Will head there for 3 onwards.

• Ditto. Best of luck everyone - just think of the beer at the end!
  • Enjoy the race folks. Please revisit this thread and give us a race report. I've got it pencillled in for next year so would appreciate your feedback.

• Brilliant effort yesterday everyone. Really enjoyed hanging out at the pub after. Me and Pottermoss had a skinful and navigated our way back to the UK with a couple more jars in the departure lounge. Crawled in at 1.30am and had a cuppa.

Here's the results from the bib numbers i had:

Bib:       Screename:

1256    Doylie in Disguise     -    3'25'45

1949    The Jimbob     -     3'05'37

3267    Chris Abell 2     -    3'14'32

7187    JR1878     -     3'42'58

7986    JakeUK     -     4'24'38

8230    Pottermoss     -     4'42'05

8273    Daniel Snowden 2     -     4'37'56

10471  Keira P     -     4'43'18

10490  Liam1988     -     4'13'28

I didn't have all your bib numbers so please feel free to complete the list.

Fantastic that everyone finished - lets face it the last 6 or 7 miles of a marathon are torturous and with that sun warming up it was tough out there. A great flat course for a mara pb. Jake made the point, last year they had 50 odd from the UK, this year it was over 200 odd. Word will get round and it will get more popular. It's a good medal to have in the collection. Marathon newbies, will you be coming back for more 26.2 abuse?! (yeah yer will!)

In my witterings yesterday i may have mentioned once or twice about Paris on April 6th. We'll be over there en masse - I know Chris is already signed up, so anyone not booked into your spring marathon yet - Paris the best way forward. We have a good thread here on RW, finish time/speed etc is irrelevant - we just have a laugh and keep each other motivated over t'internet through the grim winter training period. We have a varying range of runners and most technical questions can be answered, but really it's more a social!. Paris is a fast marathon, a great city and ticks all the boxes, easy to get to. Every question you have will be answered so don't be a stranger. Come on over: http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/events/paris-marathon-2014/257261-166.html

• Was a great day, love this race, love the city, love running, love life image

Still on the post race high....Was great to catch up with a few posters from the thread and hope to see you folks again sometime in the future. Sorely tempted by Paris...

Hope everyone has come out of the race feeling ok, apart from a little soreness feeling remarkably good. Was great fun at the airport this morning, you could spot those from the race with I would guess a 99% accuracy image 

For those considering this race for next year, I am probably biased and maybe not the most neutral person, but I would say "Get signed up in January it's only €40". The course is brilliant, more drinks than you could ever want, the start/ finish area is incredible, only slight negative...Not enough portaloos on the course! Never need one before but had to go with urgency and had an agonising wait queue for the only loo available at km20!

Good luck with all your winter training folks, and stay injury free.

Great to see another marathon virgin pop their cherry in Valencia, hope you enjoyed it?

Personally I think anyone who isn't a runner must be bonkers imageimage

• Well done all the guys and girls.who done Valencia on Sunday.

I was so jealous I wasn't their this year. I kept looking at the clock and thinking they are off running now.

Im off to Seville in February. It will be my luck snow 2 days before and all Ryan flights cancelled.

Once again well done everyoneimage
  • Talos, what time are you expecting in Seville? Looking at past results, this is a marathon for speedy runners.Would be hoping for around 4:10 but this seems slow in Seville!

• I would like 3.50 but at my age I need the hinges on my legs to

Be well oiled.
  • So enjoyed the race last Sunday. Did a cheeky 10km today now back in UK and damn it felt cold.

Valencia is such a lovely city and the race was really well arranged with such frequent drink stops. Looking forward to London 2014 

• Wow. Truly the most enjoyable run I have ever done. Fantastic atmosphere from start to finish (I had goose bumps on numerous occasions), unbelievable crowds, plenty of drink/feed stations and an absolutely amazing finish. To top it all off there were beer tents with free beer at the end!

Valencia is a wonderful city and the course took it some amazing sights. The course was very fast; completely flat and the crowds really do encourage you. The last few kms were the most enjoyable part of the course for me; the crowds were in so close there was only room for about two runners at a time and the cries of ‘Vamos’ really spur you on.

IThis was my fourth marathon and I was planning on it being my last marathon as I'd falling out of love with running a bit. This race has really reignited my running spirit. Already been looking on the RW events listing for a spring marathon and will definitely be running this again next year.

Ran much faster than I anticipated and much faster than I should have done given the shape I’m in. Undoubtedly that was due to the course and support.

Bravo Valencia

• Hey Joners. I signed up a few weeks ago and think I got the 45 euro day licence. I think the Sant Joan thing is a charity donation and charity begins at home - not in Spain! So I ignored that bit.

I think I did the right thing and I got a confirmation. Any problems will just get sorted out the day before I guess?

• Hi,

I would like to do the Valencia Marathon this year but having trouble finding flight - can anyone tell me which airlines fly there please? I'm based in the midlands.

Thanks

• PCleasbyPCleasby ✭✭✭

ME and a mate are doing it. It was tricky to get to Valencia from the North East. Basically it's the train down to Gatwick and flights direct to Valencia from there. Easy Jet I think we booked with. Basically sorted it out through Expedia.