Famous people you have seen running

2»

Comments

• WJHWJH ✭✭✭
    Tom77 wrote (see)

I've seen Iwan Thomas at a few parkruns. Managed to beat him once image

Nice! Came close myself at Netley Abbey a month or two back but he pulled away on the last lap and was just a place ahead (think he was being paced!). I'll have him next time though having improved the PB since! image

• Saw Jack Dee on a treadmill at Hintlesham Hall hotel's gym several years back, miserable bugger never said a word!

Same place I came out of the shower one day and Rick Wakeman was in the changing room and asked me where the toilet was.  My OH didn't believe me until we saw a green Rolls Royce with personalised plates in the car park

• I've seen Gary Staines and Mo Farah at a local race, plus Sonia O'Sullivan while we were noth out training in Richmond Park.

• StiltsStilts ✭✭✭
    Sonia O'Sullivan, Jo Pavey, Mo Farah, Andrew Marr in Richmond Park - Jo Pavey was running awesomely fast so I knew from some distance away that it was someone significant. Seb Coe regularly running in Richmond/Twickenham when I lived there in the late '80s. And regular sightings of Steve Ovett when I was a student in Brighton in the mid '80s. I was waitressing in a cheap pasta joint in Twickenham in 1987 and Seb came in a few times with his crew. (Pete Townsend as well, and a few others I've forgotten). Being a fresh faced girl from Ireland I couldn't believe they'd choose to eat somewhere that was barely a step up from Pizza Hut image
  • skottyskotty ✭✭✭
    Stilts wrote (see)
    . I was waitressing in a cheap pasta joint in Twickenham in 1987 and Seb came in a few times with his crew. (Pete Townsend as well, and a few others I've forgotten). Being a fresh faced girl from Ireland I couldn't believe they'd choose to eat somewhere that was barely a step up from Pizza Hut image

word had obviously got round about the new waitress.

• Tom Kitchin (chef, been on Masterchef etc) can often been seen pounding the cycle paths  near me. Not sure if he is counted as 'famous' though image

• PhilPub wrote (see)
    AgentGinger wrote (see)

I saw Ian McKellan once when i was on a lunchtime run around Canary Wharf. Also in the same place I saw that woman with the big hair who used to be on the Kenny Everet show in the 80's.

I see Cleo Rocos every other week, shopping in Waitrose at Canary Wharf, with her mum!  In fact I've seen more famous people in Waitrose than I ever have out running, including Seb Coe (he's a runner!), Graham Norton and Sean Lock.

That's the one. I used to see her quite a bit when I worked in the wharf. I've also seen Clive Anderson when I was jogging along upper street in Islington. He wasn't running. My mate saw Kevin Spacey running around Kennington.

• I ran past the late, probably unlamented Michael Winner in Holland Park once. I'm willing to bet he never ran in his life. And I ran past the actor Terence Alexander by the river in Hammersmith.

• Stilts wrote (see)
    Sonia O'Sullivan, Jo Pavey, Mo Farah, Andrew Marr in Richmond Park - Jo Pavey was running awesomely fast so I knew from some distance away that it was someone significant. Seb Coe regularly running in Richmond/Twickenham when I lived there in the late '80s. And regular sightings of Steve Ovett when I was a student in Brighton in the mid '80s. I was waitressing in a cheap pasta joint in Twickenham in 1987 and Seb came in a few times with his crew. (Pete Townsend as well, and a few others I've forgotten). Being a fresh faced girl from Ireland I couldn't believe they'd choose to eat somewhere that was barely a step up from Pizza Hut image

I don't think athletes were particularly rich in those days, even the very good ones.

• I have run past Clive James a couple of times by the River Cam on Jesus Green, Cambridge.

• The Brownlee brothers are often seen around these parts, I've seen them on the bikes and Jonny unsurprisingly beat me by a fairly large margin in the Chevin Chase.

When staying in London I went for a run in Regent's Park and saw some blond bird with a personal trainer being papped and drawing immense amounts of attention to herself, but I had no idea who she was and I saw no sign that any of the other runners out gave shit either.
  • Ran past David Cameron in Hyde Park. He had a couple of minders with him, probably to fend of criticism for running at 4.30pm when he should have been working...bloody disgrace. Actually, what was I doing running at 4.30pm?

Dominic West, same park. Marilyn Okoro Epping Forest...heart rate went off the scale...

• Choella, I also saw the Brownlees a few months back.  They were on their bikes and were stopping for a "comfort break" as I passed!

• Seb Coe goes to my gym and I see him on the treadmill sometimes so I guess that counts. Saw Daley Thomson with him once on the exercise bike too, moaning about how long they were cycling for.
  • I used to see Alistair Hutton (1990 London Marathon winner) training near Arthurs Seat Edinburgh in mid - late 1980s

• As i'm from Leeds, I used to see Jimmy Savile running around the place all the time when being ferried around as a kid.  If i'd known then what the dirty old bastard was up to, i'd have got my Mum to "clip him".

• Thanks for the replies!

I`d never have expected to get `spots` like Cleo Rocos and Gary Glitter! Random! image

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Cleo Rocos ..... oh happy days .... they don't make 'em like this any more ...

• I have seen Brendan Foster a few times in Jesmond Dene Newcastle, he always says hello. Also Olympic medallist Charlie Speeding in and around Gateshead.

• Paddy from My Fat Gypsy Wedding a few times. Err. That's it.