Hanley Building Society Potters Arf Marathon

2»

Comments

• cant wait for this sunday, this will be my 4th PA. gunna be mighty hot though, thank goodness for the locals and their garden hoses!

• I've tried getting a place in this but it's now full,anybody got a place going ??? I will pay £20 for it 

• My first PA, I'm local and know the route although I've not run it before. Hoping for under 2 hours but worried about the heat. sounds like I'm not the only one!! Been eating carbs all week and started drinking loads today!! 

• I registered online on Monday (before the race was full) but not had any confirmation from the race organisers. Have emailed them but no response.  I don't want to travel to Stoke to find out i haven't got a place.  I don't mind picking my number on the day as long as im in.

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

there is a contact phone number for the organisor on the website or runners world entry i think....give them a call

• Thanks Dean.  Rang the organisers, number was lost in post so picked up a replacement on the day.

• This was the first time i ran this race and got a pb of 1:46.  Was very pleased as this was a hilly course and it was a hot day.  Heartbreak hill lived up to its reputation, i couldn't manage to run up it and had to walk.

Got to say i was so impressed with the people of Stoke, great crowds all the way along, and especially gratefull for the ice pops. The crowd at the finish line was so loud that i even managed a sprint finish.

Definately reccomend this race.  Thanks to the organisors for putting on a great race.

• That was a great, hot and hilly day!!  Amazing support as always along the entire course plus cold sponges, jelly babies, adhoc water stations and sprinklers all put on by the locals out of their own pocket.  The people of Stoke really make this race and the good organisation helps. 

1:59 for me which is a 12min pb on the course (only done it twice) off practically no training so i'll take that. The clock time was 2:01:30 though so no bronze medal this time which was a little gutting having nearly made myself puke in the last mile to get under 2hrs image. I guess I'll just have to do it again next year. 

• andyc209andyc209 ✭✭✭

1:29 for me which was only 2 mins off a PB so well happy considering the heat and hills. Really knackered by end of first climb up longton so no idea where I got the time back. Great race again, thanks stoke!

• That climb out og Longton really is tough Andy. I walked some of it last year but managed a run/shuffle this time. 

• Amazing support out there, just awesome and the icey pops were an absolute godsend!  Can honestly say it's the hardest event I've ever done with the heat and hills!  Ran and walked some of Leek Road and Milton Road.  Terrible time of just under 2:30 but the heat completely zapped me.  Oh well at least I finished it. I'm swimming Lake Windermere next week and will be doing that in under 35 min...swimming definitely more my forte!  Well done everyone your times are AMAZING!

• Loved every minute!! First time ever half marathon, was aiming for under 2 hrs and did it in 1.56!! am so happy and ran all the way even up Milton Road!! Must admit, legs are killing today but totally worth it! A definite for the calandar next year!!

• Hope everyone feels ok today...my legs are absolutely battered today. Hoping to recover in time for the Lancashire Hotpot Sportive this coming Sunday. 

• ValleyValley ✭✭✭

I loved it as usual.  1.38 for me which is 3 minutes quicker than last year so very pleased with that.

I really wanted to run up Milton Road for the first time but I made use of the water station half way so ended up walking to take a drink.

I found myself in the unusual situation of running completely on my own for about half a mile, big gap in front of me and behind.  It was a well supported spot as well so people were clapping and cheering just for me.  That was quite special image

• My second half marathon following the Lichfield half marathon in May. At Lichfield I was hoping for 1:35:00 but had a disaster on the day and came in at 1:40:00. Did 1:39:00 yesterday which I am guessing would be nearer 1:35:00 on a flat course.

Really enjoyed the day. Thankyou to the organisers who did a great job and a massive thankyou to the potteries people who cheered us on all the way. See you next year.

• Even though I missed my PB by just 1 second (thanks to stopping to carry my Son over the finish line), Even though my legs are killing me toad, despite the blisters on my feet, It was a great day which I loved and I cant say a big enough thank you to the organisers and the supporters (the finishing straight was unbelievable.

• ValleyValley ✭✭✭

Did anybody get a medal with space for an iTab as advertised on the web site?

The silver one certainly hasn't, it's the same medal as last year.

I don't want one anyway but I'd be a bit peeved if I'd pre-ordered one.

• andyc209andyc209 ✭✭✭

didn't think the gold medal was very gold!!! was expecting something similar to Mo and Jessica image

• andyc209andyc209 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing this Sunday? In it again as usual - not sure if the legs will take three marathons and a half in 8 weeks

• ValleyValley ✭✭✭

I certainly am, aiming for the elusive run up Milton Road as ever.

That's some going Andy, I consider myself a decent runner but no way could I achieve such a volume of running, well done.

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

i have a track race on the saturday so will be spectating cheering on wife and some friends.

milton rd is not that bad (once you are at the top)image

• andyc209andyc209 ✭✭✭

my legs feel the same though at the moment - please no more!!! Its called the running bug image

Doing this last one then slow down for a few weeks before building up to Frankfurt training which is in October. Milton road is one hill were i never look up - always watch my feet and just keep going - i find looking for the top just makes it worse.

Bright orange Boston vest for me - hoping to be near the front to get a good start