Should results be limited to participants?

Comments

• You'd probably struggle to get your GFA with AN Runner as your alter ego.
  • Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭

cougie wrote (see)
    You'd probably struggle to get your GFA with AN Runner as your alter ego.

Exactly.  One of many good reasons why suggestions that you enter under a false name is ridiculous.  You should enter under your own name, but have the option to have your name withheld from the internet database.  If you achieve GFA, the record would still be there on the UK Athletics database..  just not published on the internet.

Maxpower North West wrote (see)

My local paper publishers the scorers in local football matches. I think it even shows results from the local pool and dominio league.

You really are talking a load of pony. I am starting to think you are Danny Dyer, you muppet.

Hang on whilst I do a quick Google search to find the names of winners in your local dominoes league last week.  And find out other personal details about them. Oh. Wait.

It's clear that you seem to be some wannabe troll, rather than engaging in debate.

• Run Wales - get a grip man. What information in running results are you really bothered about. It onlys shows your name and age. It doesn't show your address or telephone number.

In the under 12 dominio league I can see Jimmy Smith is 11. O no he really is at risk now.

• Interestingly he labels me a troll when I am sat here thinking he really must be deliberately posting bullshit to get a reaction!

Anyway I am now off to sleep with KK.....................again.

• Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭

Bored now.   Read back if you like.  Essentially, I don't believe it is good for society that we accept to have all our activities unnecessarily put on the easily-searchable/accessible internet - along with many other aspects of our increasingly Big Brother culture.  I think the running organisations just take the easy option by uploading everything to the internet.  It would take a bit of trouble for them to provide a 'no publicity' option - so they don't bother - partly because a lot of people really don't care.   But I'm far from being alone in being concerned, and what's more, it's me who's right! image

• Since I've opted out of reading DF3's posts, I'm completely unclear what the OP is on about. Can someone explain for the hard of thinking? Thanks.

• As for Power of 10 - there's another Peter Collins who regularly does parkrun and whose results got mixed up with mine. I didn't mind so much because he's an 18-minute 5k-er and I'm not, but they did put it right after a couple of email exchanges.

• I'd be quite happy with having my results redacted so that my name was obscured but race number, age and club were left in.

If there was a box to tick on a race entry form which said;

"Please tick here if you would like your name to be published in the results for this event. By ticking this box you are giving random internet weirdos carte blanche to discuss your performance in this race - and all previous races in which you have ever competed - on a public forum"

How many of us would tick the box?

• Never thought about it before last week but I would now Xine.

• Quick edit Scream !!!

Yeah Feel free to discuss my results and tell me how great I am

• Ah, I'm following this now. It's the wording of the original question that got me... 'Should results be limited to participants?' Well, people who aren't in races don't get results, ordinarily. Now I understand. Takes time for the penny to drop at my age.

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

What, like "should medals be limited to the top three"?  image

• Well, medals for being in the top three should be limited to the top three. I'm all for lesser medals being given to everyone else. Why not?

• Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭
    Peter Collins wrote (see)

Since I've opted out of reading DF3's posts, I'm completely unclear what the OP is on about. Can someone explain for the hard of thinking? Thanks.

The OP is slating DF3 for being an amateur sleuth, and identifying and making insinuations of cheating against 3 people whose race results he's seen on the internet.

He's presented circumstantial evidence against all three... and the two from Manchester have since been shown to be (IMO)  over 99% certain of being totally totally innocent of wrongdoing.

Hence... the OP  asked the question if this information, which can be misinterpretted and publicised by people like DF3, should be openly available on the internet.

• Run Wales. you missed the bit out where Booktrunk went a bit mental and started calling names and being very rude, in a over the top fasion with absolutely no provocation from DF3image

• Run Wales wrote (see)
    Peter Collins wrote (see)

Since I've opted out of reading DF3's posts, I'm completely unclear what the OP is on about. Can someone explain for the hard of thinking? Thanks.

The OP is slating DF3 for being an amateur sleuth, and identifying and making insinuations of cheating against 3 people whose race results he's seen on the internet.

He's presented circumstantial evidence against all three... and the two from Manchester have since been shown to be (IMO)  over 99% certain of being totally totally innocent of wrongdoing.

Hence... the OP  asked the question if this information, which can be misinterpretted and publicised by people like DF3, should be openly available on the internet.

Thanks. I get it now.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

If you're that bothered about race results being listed, just enter as a random hoax name and DOB each week. Problem solved.

And wear a disguise so you can't be recognised.

And maybe don't leave your house so you don't get picked up on any cameras... etc etc depending on how paranoid you want to get.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

ps Booky...you seem to get quite abusive at a certain time in the evening....maybe you should avoid the keyboard at that "danger" time eh?

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Stevie G ditto...

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    dean richardson 7 wrote (see)

i think perhaps the OP's issue is david likes to "gossip" about it but doesnt have the courage of his conviction and do anything about it.  but then it is a forum so gossip is what its about.

so David, do you have the stones and report her/him/them or are you just hot air? image

Yes.

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

We could all enter a race under the wrong name and DF could spend days sorting it all out ? 

Can we all enter a marathon as DF? 

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    booktrunk wrote (see)

Stevie G ditto...

? If you can find a post of me using "the evening swears" or the abuse you came out with yesterday let me know image

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    Tom77 wrote (see)

You can parkrun anonymously. If you don't take your barcode with you then you appear in the results as "Unknown".

For races, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to enter anonymously. I'm happy for my results to be plastered over the internet, but if other people don't that's their business. Although it'll be easy to spot the tinfoil hats in the race photos.

Hehe

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    Tommygun2 wrote (see)

Run Wales. you missed the bit out where Booktrunk went a bit mental and started calling names and being very rude, in a over the top fasion with absolutely no provocation from DF3image

imageimageimageimage

• Not have your name entered in the results? Just what race organisers need, more bureaucracy. Just don't enter the race, especially any of mine.

If you want your dob taken off PO10, instructions are on their website/