Should results be limited to participants?

Comments

• I had the original thread cazzed not because "I didn't like it" but because the runner in question was named in the title.

Frankly, Dustin, I can't believe that you still seem to think that the issue is that some of us don't like timings questioned rather than getting them questioned through the proper channels.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

a second thread was also cazzed, so somebody didn't like the timings being questioned.
    I never said it was you, but then you don't shy away from jumping to conclusions...

• Big_Bad_Bob wrote (see)

I didn't start a thread. And as I've explained elsewhere, I contacted DF3 as the result was clearly bogus, he'd already shown an interest in a similar case, and unlike some of the horrified hand-wringers it would appear, I don't actually consider it a duty of mine to protect the rest of the world from their cartoon bogeyman. What he chose to do with it was entirely up to him. 

When I first spotted the problem, I had nothing more than a time that clearly didn't add up, so there wasn't enough to report. Eventually there was after what DF3 found himself, thus it was reported and it has since been corrected.

now that has made me smile........it was you and DF3 that uncovered the whole manchester fiasco and had the times corrected....even though manchester had already acknowledged the problems and had stated it would take a couple of days to rectify them.........

where would the world be without people like you....so it was worth bringing up a link to this innocent  person (who you were not accusing of cheating...).....and who neither of you said she had given her husband her chip and that neither of said was going to use the result to get a GFA..........so it was worth the false accusal that you made ...( even though you didn't accuse her).....because in the end it sorted out the incorrect manchester timing......

amazing....you pair along with sussex should start your own political party to lead the country out of recession.......you are the men to get things right

• Big-Bad-BobBig-Bad-Bob ✭✭✭

Seren. Chill.

Can you point out exactly where I, or indeed anyone has said, that it was as a result of DF3's thread that the result was corrected? 

Can you also point out where I accused her of cheating please?

Or where I accused her of giving her chip to her husband?

Or where I accused her of using the result as GFA qualification?

Or indeed where I accused them, or anyone else at Manchester, of anything?

No? Thought not. Thanks.

P.S. The country's not in a recession.

•  

David Falconer 3 wrote (see)
    xine267 wrote (see)

... and starting threads about them on RW - or contacting a RW forumite who was pretty much guaranteed to start a thread about them  - instead of contacting the competition administrators or the race organisers or contacting them and giving them a chance to sort it out. Yes, I do find that a bit strange. 

Ive already stated, I was pointing out an oddity in terms of time. I dont really have an interest in chasing down the competition administrators and doing their work for them ...... 

Look at Brighton, theyve done bugger all about a result that appears dodgy and  guarantee you they haven't bothered to chase it up, so why should I bother informing them?

When you disagree with the cuts to the NHS, I assume you don't bother talking to your friends and family about it, I assume you write a letter to David Cameron instead as your friends and family certainly cant do anything about NHS funding.

I also assume the same applies to your views on immigration.

God it must be quiet at your house ....... 'So what do you think of interest rates at the moment?' ...... 'Sorry we cant talk about that, as none of us have the power to change them, so we shouldnt talk about it.'

Whatever DF3. Carry on thinking its completely normal behaviour and I'll continue thinking its a bit odd. Please continue to write excitable posts justifying the threads and by all means make wild assumptions about other people based on nothing but a few lines on a forum, it's fleshing out the mental image I have of "David Falconer 3" wonderfully image I'm wondering if ITV can be persuaded to use it to fill the Monday night slot instead of Vicious (so disappointing image )

Out of interest, what is it like at your house in the evenings?

"Did you get any training done today love?"

"No, but I started a thread on Runner's World that got 300 replies and wrote three comments on the Daily Mail that made it into the Top 5 Worst Rated comments"

"Wow, with preparation like that you are definitely on course for a 4 hour marathon"

•  

If nothing else the thread has served as a shot across the bow for any people thinking of cheating the running system, that us true runners are watching you.

image image image image image

Worthy of 300 Green Arrows.

• Big-Bad-BobBig-Bad-Bob ✭✭✭

Sounds like someone who thinks it's odd to read the race results of potential national competition prize winners, is at the same time stalking someone on the Daily Mail readers' comments sections...

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    xine267 wrote (see)

"No, but I started a thread on Runner's World that got 300 replies and wrote three comments on the Daily Mail that made it into the Top 5 Worst Rated comments"

"Wow, with preparation like that you are definitely on course for a 4 hour marathon"

This sort of wild speculation is outrageous and uncalled for!

Who would you get to play DF3 and his missus in the sitcom?

• Paul Hogan  and Dawn French 

• Big_Bad_Bob wrote (see)

Sounds like someone who thinks it's odd to read the race results of potential national competition prize winners, is at the same time stalking someone on the Daily Mail readers' comments sections...

No, just on Runners World image In the early days of DF3's tenure on Runner's World, he seemed quite proud of the number of red arrows his comments could generate on the Daily Mail website because he mentioned it in every other thread.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

bit harsh on Missus DF3 - she's faster and fitter than him

• And nothing on the Daily Mail will ever come close to the comments on the article about a poodle competition, so I have given up with it image

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2048225/Dog-Creative-Stylist-Year-hits-Britain-show.html

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

xine267 wrote (see)

And nothing on the Daily Mail will ever come close to the comments on the article about a poodle competition, so I have given up with it image

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2048225/Dog-Creative-Stylist-Year-hits-Britain-show.html

Oooh, I was this close to commenting on a Miley Cyrus article linked to this, just to try and get some red arrows.  Then I realised I CNBA registering an account with those scummy bastards.  Ho hum.

• and no doubt Sussex. DF3  still has every faith that the chips are always correct.............which is great news for the guy on the marathon thread who is basking in his final 10k time..........he managed what even phil pub can't...........he ran the last 10k in minus 14 minutes........

he denies the use of a time machine but I am going to search all the photographers photos for a glimpse of the Tardis......

• DF3 winds up Daily Mail readers? Maybe I've been unfair on the feller.

• David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Scream ...... if everyone else is telling you you are wrong, could it be that you are wrong???

That's rich coming from someone who raised an issue with a "dodgy" time at Manchester and still hasn't actually said he was wrong about the conclusions he drew from it, despite it being blindingly obvious what happened.

Dustin wrote (see)

a second thread was also cazzed, so somebody didn't like the timings being questioned.
    I never said it was you, but then you don't shy away from jumping to conclusions...

I didn't get the second thread cazzed but I assume whoever did it got it cazzed for similar reasons to me which is that continuing to discuss a person's results without bringing it to their attention was both futile and cowardly. Point me to one person ONE single person who said that they didn't like results being questioned per se and I will concede you have a point. Otherwise perhaps you should consider that you are the one jumping to conclusions, or rather, drawing completely the wrong conclusions from what people have said which is go through the proper channels and leave it at that .

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Run Wales wrote (see)

As I've said all along, I'm talking about having an opt-out button for those who don't want to have their details published in open easily-searchable databases. I expect the majority to still opt-in... and anyway, like 95% of runners, this woman would have no chance of winning any age-category prizes, so there's no affect there either.

Your suggestion that the woman 'gets a grip' and admits her age... I tend to agree... but there is a small but sizable proportion of the population who don't think like that.  Why should you be allowed to impose your perspective on everyone else?

Just because most of us are fairly committed runners, we perhaps have a particular perspective.  But this can make our world look like a closed-shop from the outside.

There are very very few hobby activities where so much detail is automatically made available on the internet.  You could find which races I've run, on what date, and assess my state of fitness if you so desired.  So could my employer. So could any enemies I have.  So could my wife image

It's just all too big brotherish.

What have you done to have enemies? 

🙂

• David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Chips are never wrong ........... human error however ........... you watch somewhere along the line it will be a human thats the root cause of this chaos.

the runner  must have made an error ....maybe he was running backwards or something image

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

"Point me to one person ONE single person who said that they didn't like results being questioned per se and I will concede you have a point."

"If you don't get why discussing a pair of perfect stranger's times on a public forum is wrong then you just don't get it."

Ok it doesn't say " I don't like results being questioned" but the inference is strong enough. The original threads are cazzed so obviously I can't check those.

• Dustin wrote (see)

"Point me to one person ONE single person who said that they didn't like results being questioned per se and I will concede you have a point."

"If you don't get why discussing a pair of perfect stranger's times on a public forum is wrong then you just don't get it."

Ok it doesn't say " I don't like results being questioned" but the inference is strong enough. The original threads are cazzed so obviously I can't check those.

OK Dustin, this comment has finally convinced me that you don't actually understand plain English.

Disagreeing is one thing, reading something into what I have written that isn't there is something else entirely.

I have said in one of my replies to you in an undeleted thread that I have reported someone for cheating myself so your "inference" is clearly wrong.

Maybe the bold print will help you understand this this, maybe it won't but I'm not spending any more time trying to explain something to you that you obviously can't grasp.

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    PhilPub wrote (see)
    xine267 wrote (see)

This sort of wild speculation is outrageous and uncalled for!

Who would you get to play DF3 and his missus in the sitcom?

only the best for me pls image

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Dustin wrote (see)

bit harsh on Missus DF3 - she's faster and fitter than him

That made me smile image thanks Dustin

• Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

In the thread at least one person has said they had contacted them over the issue.

And guess what...... theyve done F all..... suprise surprise.

Just to back DF3 up (for once!), I contacted Brighton via email and I've heard nothing back.  I haven't chased it up since though.

• Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭
    RicF wrote (see)

What have you done to have enemies? 

Pissed off a load of people on an internet forum.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Well...the Danny Dyer who is super paranoid about anyone finding out even the slightest detail about him.

Read through just then..some fine internet arguing, people!