P&D Autumn Marathon Training Thread

Comments

• HeOw that's a big relief that you haven't totally abandoned the one true way. (obv if I run a crap marathon then I'll be burning the book and going over to the Hansons) No running today but a busy weekend of trails planned, unfortunately with my OH, he considers my easy pace 'walking'. 

• Good to hear from you HeOw and your delicate use of english. 5mi recovery run for me today. Not sure whether to move sunday's 13mi to saturday to give me an extra day before race day...and also a sunday off running.

Got a few aches and pains going on, specifically in my right leg.

• I've missed your 'delicate use of English' HeOw!image

I'd like to do another marathon but have to be very strict with myself and not sign up for one before 2015! I need to work on bringing my half time down and then have a really serious bash at a sub-4hr marathon. I might even ditch P&D ........!

What time are you aiming for this time HeOw?

• Ditch P&D?

BURN HER!

• Got my GFA London mag today. So there.

• It's so unfair. Why don't I get a mag?

• You can have mine - it says ' Sorry..........blah, blah......!' image

• good thing you don't want to do a marathon before 2015 then...

• I could have deferred.....

• Your fault for being too good Lit.

You get the other mag in March, right?

• I'm not in either, probably just as well as I would have been too tempted and probably not deferred.

Just for all you peeps who were here in the spring - my pic is in the Guinness book of records for 2014 image

• What page?? (for next time I'm in WHSmiths).

No marathon at all next spring then Fiona?

• Im a London reject too! Still have a chance in the club ballot. Will probably do a spring marathon but will get my autumn one out of the way first.

• I got my London GFA magazine today too image

And right now I should be in bed cos my alarm is a 5.30am for 7.30 Mountain Ultra Marathon race start, but I just can't sleep! image

Don't you lovely lot of P+Ders be too concerned about how I get on tomorrow (well, today now) as my aim is just to get over them there hills within cut off time of 10 hours, (although secretly hoping for well under 9 though) and to get back safely. Weather looks ok ish so shouldn't have any navigational problems.
  • Ooh, good luck Shazmo you nutter!

• Yes, good luck Shazmo you crazy woman. Weather should be nice...maybe quite warm...anyway, expect you're out there right now.

7mi with some strides today. All worried that doing too much or not enough. Stupid taper.

Fiona - your name is in the VLM mag in the record breaker section.

• Saw your name in the mag Fiona! image

Just need to tell you all that I set a 5k PB at parkrun today, knocking more than 1:30 minutes off my previous best! I'm so chuffed I'm going to give myself one of these - image!

• Ooh, well done acp! This not-marathon-training agrees with you. image

• I received my VMLM mag yesterday, along with GFA acceptance note. Nice to see that someone thinks I'm good in black and white ( red, black and white to be precise!)

I don't feel very GFA at present. I wanted to run two races this year: a half in spring and Jersey Mara on 6th October, but have been injured for both, with different ailments. I ran my GFA qualifier in October last year, which seems such a long time ago now.

Recovering from my lateral lower leg injury is taking a long time, but things are improving. In four weeks of not running my fitness disappeared. Scary. 6miles at my previous LR pace now feels uncomfortable and I have run a few 20s and 22s at that pace this year.

I'm currently running week two of the post marathon recovery mesocycle and hope to raise base mileage to 50mpw by the end of October/ early November. Fingers crossed.

18weeks P&D for VMLM starts on 8th December. Not far away in running world!

• Ooh - I haven't even got that far in the mag.

15W - I think I'm going to pass on a spring marathon. I might even have deferred had I got into VLM. I haven't run at all since June and will have to build back up slowly so I don't think I'll be ready for starting marathon training in December. I'm planning on increasing the mileage and aiming to bring down my times for shorter stuff as I haven't run a HM in over a year for example. I might go for an autumn marathon instead. I want to do myself justice and also train properly as its just unpleasant if you don't.

Shazmo - I'm thinking about you. Hope it all goes well.

• Yay! I survived my Fell Ultra Marathon without too many spills. Very windy, but on my tail a fair bit and visibility was excellent so no compass/map reading required. My Garmin packed in half way round and I just took it fairly steady and finished in 8.20 something (results not out yet). I'm delighted with this, as my primary goal was to finish within cutoff (10 hrs) but I was secretly hoping for under 9. So under 8.30 is a massive bonus, especially as I wasn't pushing it.

Haven't caught up on all your happenings yet, but hope you all have a good weekend. I'm off out in my high heels for a few tonight....that might hurt a bit!!
  • Very, very impressive Shazmo. Well done! Have a good night.

• Well done Shazmo. Try not to fall over too many times in the heels either.

• Well done Shazmo! Hope you are enjoying a few shandies.

• Morning all. 13mi this morning. Everyone ok out there??

• 20 miles today, 10k trail race yesterday. Feeling a little bit stiff. Are your niggles settling down 15W?

• I guess. They are definitely still there...nothing too serious though, just have to hope it all holds together on raceday.

• Shazmo you star!! Amazing run, well done image.

You too acp, that's a hell of a lot of time to knock off a 5k, well done! image

Do we have anyone marathoning today?  If so, hope all is going well.

Did my first cross country event yesterday.  Really enjoyed it, although it wasn't 'proper' cross country as it was flat and the sun was shining.  Pushed hard and finished 22nd out of over 100 ladies so pleased with that, especially as it was quite an 'elite ish' field.  

Then set out for my longest ever run today - 22 miles.  I think it was probably the toughest run I've ever done.  I took it nice and slowly after yesterday (averaging 9:50 minute miles) but it was just a hard slog.  Didn't help that I didn't plan my route properly and I was just kind of bimbling along looking for more roads to add on half a mile here and there.  But I did it and that's the last long run done - thank fook!

Hope you're okay 15W

• Great running Shazmo! image

Lit - were you running the half at Sherwood Forest today? How did you get on?

• Popping in again to see how everyone is fairing with taper madness image

Shazmo - bloody good going there, amazing but slightly mad!!

acp - well done on your Parkrun PB image

Tiny, you are on fire I am thinking that a GFA for VLM will easily be yours for the taking.

15w are the niggles taper niggles or real niggles - either way I hope that they settle down in time for next Sunday.

Fiona did you manage your 5 min run?

I have now got up to 8min x 3 runs - with 2 min walk break, despite crosstraining, joining a tri club and therefore doing loads of swimming and cycling my running fitness seems to have gotten mislaid along the way, am hoping that it turns up again pretty soon, as I have a 10k race in Nov!

Will be stalking you all next weekend image

Edited to say that the return from stress fracture plan I am following is actually a Pfitzinger one - I love a plan I do!!