P&D Autumn Marathon Training Thread

Comments

• Morning everyone. Hope you're enjoying your taper/recovery/training.

acp - I ran 12 miles of the Nottingham half yesterday. My first DNF! Full race report on the Overdone It? thread, possibly a page or two back by now.

• Oh no Lit - hope you're okay?  Will go and have a nosy at that thread.

Nice to hear from you Lisa - don't be a stranger!  Hope the tri club goes well for you.

• Holy Moses!  Hope you're resting now.  Scary stuff.  Oh and now you've got me panicking about south easterly winds on race day.  Cheers for that.

• I don't think the south-easterly wind would have been the decisive factor - though it did scupper a few other people's PBs.

• Morning all.

Not read your report yet Lit. All the best runners have at least one DNF, I hope to have one this sunday.

Hello Lisa - sounds like you are slowly and surely getting back there.

Tiny - impressive stuff. Well done.

Taper time for me...not really having much time to think about it as loads of stuff going on at the moment, like washing machines blowing up and stuff. My niggles are a mix of real and taper I think...I have had a niggle in right outside calf which had before taper, and I am just keeping a check on it. It is already a bit better, hopefully not too bad come the weekend.

• Well, my top DNF tip is: don't drown.

• Ok...just read your report...that sounds a bit scary. I wonder what the cause was...maybe just exhaustion? Or dehydration? Or low iron levels? Anyway, rest up you and take it easy for a while, maybe you've been overdoing it a bit recently?

• Lit - read the report. At least when you DNF you do it in style! That sounds like a nightmare! Hope you feel OK today and the foot gets better soon.

• Lit, hope you feel ok now, that's a horrible thing to happen so near the end of the race. I hope you are milking it for lots of sympathy at work, really you should have your feet up and your colleagues should be keeping you hydrated in whatever manner you see fit. image

• the lurker returns, just to let you know finished Loch Ness yesterday in 4:02:13 a pb of 26 minutes you can read the report in the 2013 Marathon thead here it was all down to a mixture of  P&D and Hadd HR training,

Lit read your race report sounded awful, glad you didn't drown, I'm sure a PB is just round the corner, I kinda lurk on there too

Guys keep up the good work can't wait to hear about your upcoming experiences with your marathon and other races image

• Well done StewartC! Hope your legs are feeling ok and you can walk downstairs without looking like John Wayne

No running for me today, I do enjoy the Monday rest day.

• Well done StewartC.

• Congrats StewartC!

Also, was too wrapped up in own misery yesterday to get round to saying: welcome back Lisa and November isn't for aaaaages. You'll be fine!

• Wahey! That's brilliant, what a massive PB! Well done Stuart image.  Hope your legs have forgiven you image

• Thanks guys, and the legs are a bit tender but not as bad as they were after Lochaber

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Morning all. 7mi for me today.

• ShazmoShazmo ✭✭✭
    Morning all. Well, I managed to stay out til 3am after my Mountain Ultra race, drinking lots of wine and in my high heels too! I was walking like Frankenstein on Sunday and Monday as I couldn't bend my legs as my quads so tight. Slightly better today, but not brilliant.

Flipping heck Lit - hope you ok now. And we'll done Stewart - brilliant PB.
  • RamjetRamjet ✭✭✭

Anyone out there?

Well done Stewart on a big PB. Sub 4 hour is just around the corner...

A lovely 7 miles with 2 @ MP this morning. Those MP miles felt so nice! They might feel different after 20 miles on Sunday...

If anyone doing Chester wants to say hello after the race let me know. Might be tricky with the size of the race and our different finishing times but could be worth a try.

• ya its gone very quiet on here.

Phil, Im sure you'll still be feeling strong after 20miles on Sunday
    That the benefit of doing the P&D right!?

I was at a marathon talk last week and one of the things they said was importart was to have confidence that you can hit your target.

• 15W -  how you doing? - did you do the 7 with 2@MP today?

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

No...8 with 2@mp today for me. Might only do 7 though. I'm doing ok thanks Ryan. Got a lovely big ulcer on my tongue at the moment which is limiting my food intake as it hurts to eat (and talk). Spookily I had exactly the same thing before chester marathon last year.

• That run is my favourite one in the P&D schedule - hopefully it will be a great confidence booster image Maybe it's a lucky ulcer!

• Morning all

How is everyone?  Who else do we have doing Chester apart from 15W?

I still have over two weeks of tapering and I'm already starting to get a little itchy.  Only did 6 miles on Monday rather than the usual 10-12 and it just felt wrong.  Speed session tonight though so should feel better after that.

Shazmo - you are my hero!

• RamjetRamjet ✭✭✭

I think apart from 15W it is myself and Runny Knows doing Chester.

The forecast looks perfect at the moment. Bring it on!

Thanks for the encouragement Debutant. According to P&D we should be looking forward to the last 6 miles as this is when we will overtake all the less prepared runners. We shall see!

Can't say I have really felt any taper madness but maybe this is more pronounced when you are on the higher mileage schedules?

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Looks a bit warm for my liking!

Did my 8 with 2@mp lunchtime. Went ok...although was wondering how the hell I was going to keep this pace for another 24 miles!

Just a couple of jogs now until race day.

• SGB1953SGB1953 ✭✭✭

I'm doing Chester too.  A bit apprehensive. 

• Just got 5 miles in, with roughly 2 @ roughly MP (forgot my Garmin).

Felt good actually. Very relaxed.

And yes... Less than 3 days 8hrs from the start line!

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Morning everyone.

How come I can (supposedly) run 26mi but just the 5min jog to school with my daughter was a real struggle?!

• ChomskiChomski ✭✭✭

Hi 15West, I ran 7 miles with 2@MP yesterday and felt as though they were the hardest 2 miles I've ever run. Not sure how I'm going to cope with 26 in Chester on Sunday!

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Yes, scary isn't it.

TRUST IN THE TRAINING!

I have only a couple of jogs left till race day. Will be 5 or 6mi today, nothing tomorrow and 3 or 4 saturday morning.

Now I don't know what or how much to eat, so much conflicting stuff out there on the net about carb loading.