Salisbury 5-4-3-2-1 Trail Marathon

167891012»

Comments

• There must be more. I think I only saw one picture of a 30K runner out of the 140 people or so that ran. Mind you, I don't recall seeing a photographer while out there so I doubt I'll have been captured.

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Did manage to find a pic of me.. image
  • Yeah I saw about 3 photographers on the 50 but not one was actually taking photos.  Anyway, not really a problem, was an excellent event.

@jindalee I'll definately be at the Clarendon - can't decide whether to do the half or full marathon. Decisions, decisions!

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Rich I spotted a pic of you finishing...

Yeah Clarendon... I am actually leaning towards the full one. Even though my legs are telling me differently atm lol

The start of the full one is very close to my home so it would be easier to get there than to the start of the half.. lol picking a full one over a half based on the convenience of the start image
  • Can anyone post a link to the photos? Thanks

• Yeah I saw the photographer quite a few times and he said hi every time but wasn't taking pics of me.

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Same here Dave. everytime I passed a photographer he took down his camera, not sure what he wanted to tell meimage Iwas surprised to find 1 pic of me, not a great one though
  • SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭
    Fat Dave7 wrote (see)

Hope you're ok Sideburn. I saw you just after the first or second style around mile 21, but someone else was already seeing to you and word had already got out and I think the abulance, police, FBI and A-Team were all out looking for you.

Walking with one stick and Ibuprofen now image Reading about other people having a good race is convincing me not to give up on marathons! They have been my Nemesis this year image

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Pls don't give up SideBurn. Sh** happens. Get rid of this injury now and start again. This was only my second Marathon and it was very enjoyable, so once you are fit again, enter another one and you will have a great time. image
  • Got a really good photo of me, but can justify 17 odd quid to email me a picture!

Sideburn don't give up. I was suffering from a knee problem for months and every time I done over a 40 mile week I'd have the next week off injured. So I could never really push myself. Not every ones cup of  tea but I went the barefoot and it did wonders. Not trying to teach you to suck eggs but perhaps maybe look into tweeking something, change style of running etc might help. All I know is that it really helped me image

• SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

I think my problem is I am a distance tart; I have done a PB at 5k, 10k and 1/2 this year but have also done 2 marathons an ultra which have not gone well. The 100 mile sportive went reasonably well... I think more consistent training is the answer? Being an under-pronator does not help. Any opinions? I like variety but how do you balance this with consistent training? 

Next A race is going to be the Exmoor Stagger which must be one of the best races in the country... if I am not fit by then (mid October) image

What is everyone's next big target?

• I just don't know. I ran the 30k much slower than I expected. Do I go back to 10k / half and speed those up and do a marathon next year or do I push on and do a marathon this year like clarendon or cts dorset? really feeling the need to tick marathon distance off my list but also aware I am likely to be one of the last finishers. I ran yesterday and felt great, I know the distance was ok for me, I just flagged loads In the second half. I def went too fast for the first hour. 

• Mine is the Kennet & Avon 56 miler in flip flops lol. Problem is I am moving house the day before which will make it interestingimage

Sideburn- You doing too much perhaps?

• SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

I still cannot walk image

I am now on Naprosyn (an anti-inflammatory) and have another appointment with GP on Monday. It is a shame that such a great race is going to be memorable for the wrong reason.

• Hi Jindalee,   you would have gathered that I was a non-starter at Salisbury so I never had a chance to say hello .  Sorry about that.image

I got a late entry for The British ultra fest at Radley  which has been taking place all week. I only did the 24 hour version ( as oppossed to the 6 day or 48 hour race)

All taking place on the same 400 metre track.  As Radley is local to me it would have been a sin to miss it. 

I have been up all night running and I covered 100 miles and 200 metres 

in 24 hours .   my head is mush.   

My legs are mashed.  

but i'm happy.image

I've read all your results folks.  

Well done  to you all. 

Just thought I'd let you know as I have been posting a lot on here.

and 

• SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

I can walk image with a slight limp but I can do it!

Back to work on Monday image
    I have got my 'emergency' physiotherapy appointment.... 25th September.... I am glad it was not a 'normal' appointment.  

• Great news Sideburn, congrats image

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Hi Sideburn

glad to hear that you can walk again. Fingers crossed that you will be running again soon as well image
  • SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

This marathon may be coming to an end for me image I think the Ibuprofen share price may go down now I am not eating into the Ibuprofen mountain (so much).

I have found an excellent way to ease the pain; massage the bottom of my foot with a tennis ball (YouTube/Maximuscle). This has brought almost instant relief, but the associated injury was Plantar Fasciitis image

I am thinking about taking the dog for a walk for the first time since the race image (she has been getting walked, just not by me!)

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Hi Sideburn

Good to hear that your injury is getting better Fingers crossed it will be gone soon and you can start running again!
  • SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

Massaging the bottom of my foot with a tennis ball has been the breakthrough! I am nearly pain free, without pain relief image

I have also been told about massaging the bottom of the foot with a plastic bottle of frozen water; a bit late for me now as I am now needing heat therapy. But I think I will try this post race/run in future.

Now the 'big one' can I do the Exmoor Stagger? (20th October) This is one of the best races in the UK run by a great club (Minehead). Sea level to top of Exmoor (500m) then back down to sea level (with a 300m hill in between!)

Dog was unimpressed with the 'walk'.

• Ooo looks like an awesome event doesn't it! Glad to hear you are well on your way to recovery, if you do go for the event then take it easy.

• Had my initial 'emergency' physio session yesterday; well worth the wait! I have a series of exercises to do! I am nearly there image

I was so pleased I went for my first run afterwards with no ill effects!

So.... 20th October.... 15 mile trail run (Exmoor Stagger) or..  90 mile bike (Exmoor Beast) image 

• Great news! I on the other hand have knackered my thigh -think its adductor so physio tomorrow, have my fingers crossed to be ready for CTS in December!

• Frogbmth wrote (see)

Great news! I on the other hand have knackered my thigh -think its adductor so physio tomorrow, have my fingers crossed to be ready for CTS in December!

Ouch.... good luck!