Options

Well that ban didnt last very long did it Runners World?

Comments

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Bizarre view Seren.

2 running sites under the same owner, one gets wind of what they see as malicious behaviour tipping off their partner site.

What's not to understand about RW's action here?

• Options
    KenbroKenbro ✭✭✭

He was briefly entertaining, but won't miss the obnoxious moron. 

Of course he deserved to be banned.

• Options
    David Falconar wrote (see)

I do find it funny that rather than address the issues they would rather just ban people who bring it up.

There are 2 quite simple things you could do that would solve 99% of spam (and in reality it would be 100% as the other 1% would be such a pain in the a..e to get around, no spammer would bother).

I think being banned for messing up forums just to prove a point is a fairly mild punishment really, compared to having the US trying to extradite and execute you when you graduate to helpfully finding holes in their national security systems... that'll be interesting to watch.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

agreed Mad4Morris..i'm sure that chap who hacked major US systems said he was trying to show them flaws in their set up too image

• Options

Stevie G . wrote (see)

Bizarre view Seren.

2 running sites under the same owner, one gets wind of what they see as malicious behaviour tipping off their partner site.

I would go even further and report him to his ISP .... quite simply you just don't write spam scripts for whatever made up reason  .. there be the realm of total wankerism!

• Options

Will we start a book on how long it will take DF3 or whatever he's calling himself to come back? Soooo many people flounce off saying they'll never return' but sadly they do. Be nice if the cockwombles actually kept such promises!

p.s i love the word cockwomble

• Options
    Stevie G . wrote (see)

agreed Mad4Morris..i'm sure that chap who hacked major US systems said he was trying to show them flaws in their set up too image

That chap has a recognised and severe mental illness.  The fact the yanks want their hands on him is massively worrying and morally abhorrent. 

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

The ripples on the pond will disappear at last, no matter the size of the brick.

• Options
    Of course we cant send Abu Hansa to a country that has the death penalty and uses torture but.........
  • Options

I think he lost at the point he started with my dad is bigger than your dad, my job is better than yours, I earn more money than you, I can run faster than you, whoops sorry got the last one wrongimage

• Options
    Crazy Diamond wrote (see)

That chap has a recognised and severe mental illness.  The fact the yanks want their hands on him is massively worrying and morally abhorrent. 

Yes, agreed.  But I'm not sure just being an annoying little twat would render DF3 safe from them.  Perhaps he could stick to burgling peoples houses and crapping all over the living room so as to encourage them to fit better locks, or standing on any loose shoelaces he spots going round town.

• Options

so youre a geek with too much time on your hands who knows how to spam a web site  - pat on the back  ....who gives a fuck

• Options
    kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

Oh wow. That was a major tantrum by dave bandme/df3!  'I work at the big names. I earn loads of money'. Brilliant. 

• Options
    Stevie G . wrote (see)

Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
    Of course we cant send Abu Hansa to a country that has the death penalty and uses torture but.........

Think you'll find he's Abu Qatada, and please, lets use the corporal punishment vs torture in an Arab state argument.  Because the people who want our (mentally and socially challenged) citizen would never resort to corporal punishment or torture to get the result they want.

Nooooo...not ever. 

• Options

on the same ruling we should never send anyone back to America as they seem to think that torture is alright as well........image

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Apparently my username is a byword for running excellence.  I think I might retire.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

It was quite interesting that the chap mopped up all manner of abuse from forumites about all areas of his existence, without even a bead of worry,  but people not respecting his IT skills caused an absolute furious meltdown.

Phil, he liked you from the off image

• Options
    Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭

Yes - you were always his favourite uncle, Phil (and not in  a 1970s way)

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    fetcheveryone wrote (see)

SuperCaz - whilst I'd never claim to be a computer whizz, I'm an engineering graduate and have been a professional web developer for 14 years image

What David did yesterday amounted to little more than pressing "submit" lots of times with some random post content. I don't consider it to be a security breach, but I have blocked his IP address on Fetch, and asked RW to do the same.

I can't speak for RW, but I'm always happy to receive legitimate suggestions for improvements to Fetcheveryone, and I'm first to laugh when people tell me it's clunky or in need of improvement. However, I don't believe that attempting misuse on this scale is appropriate for any user.

The problem is these days most users at home are on DHCP from their ISP.  So banning an ip doesn't really work in these cases where if you turn your adsl router off for say 5 minutes maybe 10 in an extreme case, then on again when you reconnect you will have a different IP Address.

if he has a static address then hey presto.  But then he'd just need to go through a proxy server, so generally I didn't think blocking an IP Address these days achieves much, at most it's a inconvenience for someone who's determind.

Not complaining or going yipee. I'm just making a comment.

• Options
    Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭
    kittenkat wrote (see)
    Bruce C wrote (see)

Stevie G . wrote (see)

Bizarre view Seren.

I would go even further and report him to his ISP .... quite simply you just don't write spam scripts for whatever made up reason  .. there be the realm of total wankerism!

I don't know, this is getting to a level of Internet geekism that just makes me imagine unhealthy, unattractive middle aged men... Like a bit smelly? Happy to be proved wrong.

Well done Booktrunk - you addressed the balance

• Options
    Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

Df got his script booted and his ids disabled within about 2 minutes of his silliness. Really, what is it with this guy. It's becoming quite malicious and over the top. Hopefully he'll get banned for life as he is becoming more than just an Internet knob jockey and is attacking the Rodale sites.

what an exaggeration. 

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

image Geek n proud.  More into babysitting servers n routers then writing webpages.

• Options

I don't think he cared much for me .imageimageimage