Well that ban didnt last very long did it Runners World?

Comments

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    kittenkat wrote (see)
    Miffi wrote (see)
    Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

Df got his script booted and his ids disabled within about 2 minutes of his silliness. Really, what is it with this guy. It's becoming quite malicious and over the top. Hopefully he'll get banned for life as he is becoming more than just an Internet knob jockey and is attacking the Rodale sites.

what an exaggeration. 

JB has a tendency for that.

Which bit was wrong ? He admitted doing it. then claimed it was for their own good!!

it's pathetic childish bullying at best at worst malicious. 

• So all the various threats and abuse he threw around mean nothing? Not to mention his juvenile attempts to set members of the two forums against one another?

The point being why should site admins have to deal with such ridiculous behaviours. They have a job to do and can do without bored and malicious posters having a giggle by acting out and making their lives difficult.

Not sure why people are cutting him so much slack. Perhaps you're all just bored. My suggestion: go for a run.

• I lashed him again and again with my troll whip. 

Even became Waccy the troll slayer for the job.

Good fun it was at the time because I knew I was right.

Nice one Jonny Blaze.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

So to conclude...

high up in IT, posted under his real name, probably pretty identifiable...messing about spamming Fetch and making implied threats about doing worse.

Slightly naive behaviour? image

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭

An observation: interesting to compare the extent of analysis here on RW and that on FE.

Suppose that may be because of the different attitudes members of each site have towards the behaviour which caused offence.  RW posts were,. by and large, far more swingeing than anything placed on Fetch, where one could almost hear the laughter.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

swingeing?

Do you mean swinging, whinging, or singeing?

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

+1 swingeing?

Found it....

swingeing =extreme and having a serious and unpleasant effect:

He had been posting longer on RW than FE, probably why the reaction was different? 

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Rule #1 with internet pedantry: at least look it up to make sure you're right.

• I have declined to feed adiscussion that's by commenting but I just loved the " my big job, working for big clients, with my big salary" rant. I can only assume he is trying to make up for having a very small...

• Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

I wouldn't say 'high up' in IT. What he did was pretty straight forward, but why he chose to do it the strange thing. 

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

everyday's a school day Phil.

ps I didn't say what he did was "high up", I said his job was.

• I don't think he can add up either.  He told Fetch (bragged to fetch actually) that he'd been in IT for 16 years.  Now, assuming that he went direct in to IT from school at 16, that would make him 32, if at 18, 34 but I'm sure he proclaimed somewhere along the line to be somewhere in his 20s.  26 seems to stick in my mind for some reason, in which case he would have entered the workforce at 10. 

Now I may have this wrong and he may well be in his early to mid thirties, that being the case he's an even bigger cockless wonder than I initially had him pegged for and based on his reaction, a man in his 30s in an online tantrum, I think its highly unlikely he's managed to control his inner 3 year old enough to get him to the apparently lauded professional position he claimed to hold.  And yes, I am aware that this isn't always a barrier to progression but seriously, he could barely strap a sentence together toward the end!

Yes, I have been that bored today.

• Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

I just mean that IT contractors/code monkeys (assuming that's what he is) aren't that difficult to come by. He did seem to like to show off his technical prowess as well, almost assuming no one knew what he was on about. 

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Crazy, early on I presumed he was teens/early 20s from his style, but he confirmed himself in his early to mid ish 30s.

I can only presume that anyone questioning his IT skills was his own personal breaking point, which surprised me, as he took so much stick on everything else with such good grace!

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Big_G wrote (see)

I wouldn't say 'high up' in IT. What he did was pretty straight forward, but why he chose to do it the strange thing. 

if what he's done is pretty straight forward what is stopping other people from doing the same? people who have other goals than demonstrating security flaws?

• booktrunk wrote (see)

image Geek n proud.  More into babysitting servers n routers then writing webpages.

booktrunk wrote (see)
    kittenkat wrote (see)
    Miffi wrote (see)
    Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

Df got his script booted and his ids disabled within about 2 minutes of his silliness. Really, what is it with this guy. It's becoming quite malicious and over the top. Hopefully he'll get banned for life as he is becoming more than just an Internet knob jockey and is attacking the Rodale sites.

what an exaggeration. 

Which bit was wrong ? He admitted doing it. then claimed it was for their own good!!

er, the bit that was wrong was the bit I put in bold. this time I've done it in italics and underlined it to help you out,

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Miffi wrote (see)
    booktrunk wrote (see)

image Geek n proud.  More into babysitting servers n routers then writing webpages.

booktrunk wrote (see)
    kittenkat wrote (see)
    Miffi wrote (see)
    Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

what an exaggeration. 

er, the bit that was wrong was the bit I put in bold. this time I've done it in italics and underlined it to help you out,

is he? 

• Jindalee wrote (see)
    Big_G wrote (see)

if what he's done is pretty straight forward what is stopping other people from doing the same? people who have other goals than demonstrating security flaws?

Jindalee -  you wont win any argument about DF3 with some of the other male posters on here.  He arrived, got attention, was fairly funny, batted off their insults with humour, held his hands up to running mistakes.. lol they couldn't just ignore him and play elsewhere, no way, he'd upset their pecking order, look at the terms they are using to describe him.. knob jockey,  cock womble.. see what their worries are!

• No David is not bully..miss guided maybe but not nasty unlike some of the posters on here. He may have poked fun at some but was never outright rude to anyone. Unlike the spiteful comments he put up with from certain people.

Just saying....image

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

after an irritating start, i thought he was a decent poster. Humble about his own level, good natured with the countles insults he received off some not exactly terrific runners themselves, the odd interesting thread, not to mention the epic investigations into dodgy results image

But the messing about on fetch was at best ill advised, and at worst very stupid, and the ensuing meltdown rant incredible!

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Miffi wrote (see)
    Jindalee wrote (see)
    Big_G wrote (see)

Jindalee -  you wont win any argument about DF3 with some of the other male posters on here.  He arrived, got attention, was fairly funny, batted off their insults with humour, held his hands up to running mistakes.. lol they couldn't just ignore him and play elsewhere, no way, he'd upset their pecking order, look at the terms they are using to describe him.. knob jockey,  cock womble.. see what their worries are!

Miffy I am not trying to win any argument about DF3. I just want to question some remarks some ppl have made. like yours saying he is attacking Rondale sites.

What proof you you have that he is attacking their sites? I count 1 thread he created on fetch to prove his point.

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    Jindalee wrote (see)
    Big_G wrote (see)

he said look at me i can flood post a forum .... What stops most people that can do similar? it's quite simple it is called "common sense", or maybe "self control".

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    booktrunk wrote (see)
    Jindalee wrote (see)
    Big_G wrote (see)

he said look at me i can flood post a forum .... What stops most people that can do similar? it's quite simple it is called "common sense", or maybe "self control".

And how many times has he done it on any Rondale site since then?

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

others have flooded the forum. They're called spammers, and get deleted and banned instantly.

ps Jinadalee, he's done it once, why wait for a 2nd time?

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    Jindalee wrote (see)
    Miffi wrote (see)
    Jindalee wrote (see)
    Big_G wrote (see)

Miffy I am not trying to win any argument about DF3. I just want to question some remarks some ppl have made. like yours saying he is attacking Rondale sites.

What proof you you have that he is attacking their sites? I count 1 thread he created on fetch to prove his point.

Sorry how many times does he have to do it for you to call it an attack? What he did was ethically WRONG! No maybe, no but.... It was totally and utterly wrong. All professions have ethics.... it's not funny, it's not clever it's wrong. 

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭

Stevie G. There wont be a second time as he is no spammer. He always tried to help the ppl on the forum here when they had a problem. If he saw someone asking for help because something didn't work he looked into it and tried his best to help them. He even wrote a script for the Firefox users to improve the use of the forum.

He wanted to help Fetch/RW. Yes maybe it was not the best route he took, but he got a reaction from RW (as opposed to the posts I have seen from ppl reporting problems with the forum which did not get a reply) and if based on this RW/Fetch look into their site and the problems it has, it was worth it.

• He was a interesting bloke and I did enjoy some of his posts, but yes he did stirr. What he did was wrong and he got kicked of. Then came back with a challenge( heading of this threat) and then again with a massive attack. If he had any sense or brains he would have contact rw and fetch direct and apologise. Chances are probably good it would have been sorted. Flexing your biseps is never going to get you anywhere.