Options

Friday 14th November

You'll never get that one. Never!

Anyway, morning all, and today I shall be mostly resting.

Have fun.

Comments

• Options
    Morning all,

What: rest
    Why: marathon recovery 4 weeks ago nearly & my first Kent League xc of the season tomorrow.

Last hard: that M thing
    Last rest: mon

Look after yourselves :-)
  • Options
    Morning

What: 5 easy am, 8 miles pm

Why: base building

Last hard: Sunday

Last rest: 21 days

BTW, totted up my training log last night. Tuesday morning's easy 5 mile run took me past 3000 miles for the year so well on course to beat last year's 3125.
  • Options
    your a bad as Ron Hill!!!!!!!! :-)
  • Options
    Morning

What : I'm just out for a run - probably 4 miles or so - may as well as I don't have to be in Sheffield until 10 and I've got too much stuff to carry to take my bike up. Anyone know of any halfs on the weekend after this apart from Clowne ? I know that the events listing isn't comprehensive. Does anyone watch Superstars - I thought that triathlete was a bit poor last night - beaten by Annabel Croft! I wish they'd make it a 3000 metres instead of an 8 though - and I'd like to see them come back down the hill on the bikes.
  • Options
    Morning

What: 13km steady with ten lots of 100 metre strides thrown in and two lots of one minutes fast

WHY: First speed work since marathon

Last hard: nearly 4 weeks ago

Last rest: last Friday

Simon
  • Options
    Morning

What:8 or 9, steady
    Why:Schedule says so
    Last hard: Monday
    Last rest: tum te tum ...

Mike S - couldn't agree with you more regarding your comment yeserday about having better form on faster runs. Seems to apply to me as well - hard sesions don't seem to affect my joints nearly as much as slower ones!

Might start to abandon anything in my schedule that says 'slow' in favour of a bike ride, just as an experiment ...
  • Options
    Swerve - it's not the Pixies is it? Just a hunch ...
  • Options
    Lizzyb
    A lot of us doing that base training thing have noticed the same with our joints/shins
  • Options
    Morning

50 minute hilly run done...I think I love the hills as it gives you such a buzz when you have run up them.

Wiil do 5 miles after work

Why:part of my trainig

Have a good one out there today!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Still feeling tired, but I'm convinced it is caused by a cold that is neither developing or shifting.
    Back is very still very stiff making it difficult to get my shoes and socks on. Physio session tomorrow morning hopefully will sort it out. Hopefully the physio won't find me too offensive after a trip to the Rainhill Bierfest tonight (60 real ales - it don't get much better than this).
    This is now 2 months with illness and injury.

So:-

what: rest
    why: crocked
    last rest: yesterday, day before, day before that etc etc
    last hard: sometime mid-September
  • Options
    Morning,
    Well done BR on the mileage.

What: 30min steady to blow out the remenants of this flu . Hope I can remember how to run, its been a while.
    Last hard: 3 weeks ago!

Have a good weekend.
  • Options
    Morning all. Feeling exhausted today: have just gone through several weeks of high-stress which culminated in a meeting yesterday morning. Haven't eaten or slept properly for at least 2 weeks.

What: nothing

Why: going to the Wye valley for the weekend to rest and recuperate.

Last hard: yesterday's swim

Last rest: Tues
  • Options
    morning all. Shall we rename this the 'rest thread'?! (apologies to the few who are still running)

hope everyone gets better and has a good weekend, whatever they're doing... I'm giving in and going back to my parents' house to be 'looked after'!
  • Options
    Morning all,

I am one of the 'few' it seems..

What: 4 miles at 137 bpm
    Why: BT

Yesterday improved over 6 miles by 15 secs per mile for same HR. Maybe it is starting to work.

Today's run will put me over 30 miles for the week for the first time since pre FLM 2003.

I'm off tomorrow for 2 weeks holiday have a great time all.

RB
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

RB, I'm one of the few too! And it's definitely starting to work for me. 6-mile run yesterday took me over a minute less than it did last week, and I'm getting better at keeping the HR steady.

What: 3 miles @ 80-85% WHR.
    Why: My once-weekly indulgence which keeps me on track with base training the rest of the time!
    Last hard: Last Friday's tempo/Sunday's long run.
    Last rest: Wednesday - bad night Tuesday so felt like a day off.

Hope all those with niggles get better soon.
  • Options
    Morning,

What: light upper body workout, abs, stretches
    Why: resting legs today - adding 2 mile hill to my weekend loop tomorrow

Hope all those suffering are soon feeling better and all those running have good weekends! Special thoughts to hilly & dangly. Happy hols Ratty!
  • Options
    Morning all,

Sorry to read about all the injuries, hope they clear up fast.

What: 10K aerobic row on the C2 ~140 bpm
    Why: achilles throbbing and a few joints creaking, so thought I would play safe.
    Last rest: 19 days
    Last hard: Sunday
    7 day cumulative running mileage: 28m

BR well done on the mileage, impressive.

I think I may have ramped up my mileage a bit quick over recent weeks so have decided to throw in a couple of these 10K rows in along with 5 runs for a week or two and see how it goes. That will give me a weekly mileage of around 30m + 20K rowing. Then I'll try and increase the length of the runs from 40 mins to 1 hour. If that goes okay I'll replace the rowing too.

Well, that's the plan.

Have a good day.

• Options
    Morning All

First training session last night since the Dublin Marathon in which my Left knee didn't hurt during the training so, hopefully things are improving.

Never the less Rest for me today, trying to make sure I don't put too much pressure on the knee.

LL

Good Luck to you all with your racing and training this weekend
  • Options
    Morning all,

what: done 5m easy, weights later
    why: run off stiffness from last night and hit mileage target
    last hard: last night!
    last rest: Saturday

I'm off to a conference for the weekend so won't be posting for a couple of days. I'm combining it with two rest days.

Oh yeah, this week's mileage = 60m.

Have a good weekend everyone.
  • Options
    Coco - you don't work for a "prominent Liverpool-based retail concern" by any chance do you?
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Forgot to add that including this week's long Sunday run (13 miles planned) total mileage for this week will be 31 - my highest ever. Yee-har!! Last week did 30 miles, the week before that 26. Prior to that I'd only reached over 20 miles a week a couple of times when building up for a race.

I'm really feeling OK on it too - in fact I said to Mr Minks after last night's 6-miler at base training HR that I really didn't feel as though I'd been for a run at all!

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • Options
    Mike S, no I don't. I've been doing a PhD part-time and yesterday's meeting was crisis-talks with the Head of the Graduate School about serious problems with my supervisors. At this stage (due to submit thesis v. soon) this is not good news and the stress is really getting to me.
  • Options
    Well, seeing as we're boasting about mileage, coincidentally enough I too added up my training log for this year. And it came to a mighty 980 miles - not quite at BR's end of the spectrum yet...

Today: day off
    Why: tapering for Brighton, and going to a posh restaurant this evening
    Last hard: Monday
    Last rest: Tuesday

Not going to get a chance to post tomorrow, so hopefully will be back Sunday evening with a triumphant race report! Just have to hope that those winds hold off...

Good luck to all the other racers as well.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Just thoought I'd let you know that I'm feeling much more positive and happier today after my visit to doc's yesterday. My doc happens to be in orthopaedics as well as a GP, which is handy.

Main injury to leg is NOT serious, it's muscular and should improve rapidly with rest and deep friction massage!

Injury to my neck is a trapped nerve caused from getting out of bed to fast! I've been told to keep moving it even though it's painful and to carry on doing light swim sessions if I can after a few days.

I've been given Diclofenac Sodium, which are strong anti-inflmmatory painkillers, so hope to see improvement in a day or so and a return to training of some kind early next week. In the meantime I'll enjoy a few days of light stretching to maintain flexibility.

Have a good weekend all!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Incidentally I've not missed one week this year without getting a run in!

The longest I've had off running in one go is 3 days, so I'm sure I'm due a rest!

Mind it won't be any longer than it has to be!!!

:o)
  • Options
    I've had good experiences with Diclofenac Sodium, hope it does well for you. A word of caution though - keep eating! It's not easy on guts, and keeping food in gut, nice, comforting non-acidic food helps.

What - it looks unlikely that I'm going to get outside before this project is finished (tomorrow 1pm!) and the debris from doing absolutely nothing in the house or for the house for a week is sorted.

I'm supposed to be "racing" on Sunday. Call it taper and grin, I guess.
  • Options
    What: Longest ever long run 90 mins (c9 miles?) Pleased with that.
    Why: Trying to build up stamina for onslaught on half marathon pb.
  • Options
    Hi all, back after 3 days of meetings.

What: zero since last weekend
    Why: Hip on LHS still troublesome
    Last hard: 19 days (Snowdonia Marathon)
    Last rest: am getting too much rest.

Still no sign of hip recovering. Need to get some further treatment. Meantime shall be getting the bike out and in the pool over the weekend.

Happy running all - wild, wet and windy wekend ahead (just perfect for you cross country folk).
  • Options
    got overtaken by work yesterday and didn't get to do what i'd posted- do i have to do a forfeit???

What: yesterday's planned run- 6-7 miles easy at lunchtime

Why: tapering for race on Sunday

Last rest: yesterday doh!

Last hard: 10 mile club run on weds
  • Options
    What: 50 mins steady now, then a core stability session followed by a run later.

Why: Last hard week before I decide if I'm going to have a go at 2:45 at luton

Last hard: Yesterday

Last Rest: 18 days