Which running club

Can anyone recommend a running club to join. I've recently started running and would like to now join a local club. I live in Sheffield in S10 and would like a club reasonably local to this, but not necessarily.

Many thanks for any help.

Comments

• In the same vein, I live in Leytonstone, East London and would like to join a running club to get me through the winter months. Any suggestions?
  • Hi

I am a beginner but would like to join a club. I live in Hampshire near Basingstoke. I would be grateful if someone could put me in touch with a local club.

Thanks
  • Hi Jan,

I also live in Sheffield and am interested in joining a club. My only problem is transport - I live in Walkley but I don't have a car, so getting to a club could be problematic. The clubs I've looked at on the internet are:

Totley Athletics Club - runs at 6.30pm on Tues from Dronfield and Thurs from Dore.
    www.totleyac.org.uk

Steel City Striders - runs at 7.30pm Monday from Heeley, 7pm Weds from Graves Tennis Centre, 7pm Weds from Pinegrove Sports Club (Stannington), track sessions and runs at 6.30pm from Woodbourn Road track and some other occasional runs from Birley/Hillsborough. 0114 255 6887

Valley Hill Runners - runs from High Green Sun 9am, Mon Wed & Fri 6.30pm. Runs from Rivelin first Sun/Wed of month.

There's also the Hallamshire Harriers but I was unable to access their website.

I think I'll probably be trying the Steel City Striders as their training venues are the most easily accessible for me.

I've not been running for a few weeks since the nights have been drawing in, as I'm nervous about running my current route (Rivelin valley/Manchester Road) in the dark alone. Feel free to contact me - fit_kat@yahoo.co.uk - if you fancy company on a training run.

Kathryn