PSOF Championships 2014 - Ironman France

Comments

• Thinks to work on: 

Biking up hill

Biking down hill

Drinking. 

It's a toss up what I'm worst at but post IM, even in Nice, I'll be a cheap date!

• And running in the heat. Wasnt it 30 degrees on the prom last time ?
  • fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

more like 35C I think cougs - when I was watching everyone running, you couldn't stand on the prom in bare feet as it was too hot.  and Pebble decided to launch himself in the sea on one of the run laps just to cool down - and I don't think he was the only competitor to do that...

• It was feckin hot .. not sure where that is on either scale  image

• Hmmm. Maybe a good tactic is to go for a snooze in the shade until it cools down and then do a 3 hour marathon on rested legs. Simples.
  • Do I need to get ISB on the case re hotels?? Assuming of course he's willing to do it!! image

• That's a good idea. 

Will SwissMummy be coming to support? 

• Lil Sis, its certainly worth some research ...  keep the costs down tho eh?  image

• Hope wrote (see)

That's a good idea. 

Will SwissMummy be coming to support? 

Doesn't she always! image image image

M...eldy wrote (see)

Lil Sis, its certainly worth some research ...  keep the costs down tho eh?  image

This is of course assuming he's willing to do it!!

• I shall be spending the spring running round London in a wooly hat and thermals image 

(That's hoping to acclimatize and not because it's still so blooming cold) 

• I'll get my race leaflet out from 2008 and try to convince myself that the bike course is flat.  Also try to remove the memory of how small the hotels looked from 1k out at sea.

I remember seeing 34*C on those chemist thingys.

I've always said that if I were to repeat an Ironman it would be France.

I also said I'd take a year out in 2014.

Get thee behind me Satan!!!!image

• Years out are *so* last year! 

• I'm in.

I love hills, sea swims and running in 30*C (that quote is going to come back to haunt me!)

Can someone give me a lesson in quoting text and adding my name to the list? After a year I should probably be capable of doing it for myself...

Excited!

• Goblin Princess wrote (see)

I'm in.

I love hills, sea swims and running in 30*C (that quote is going to come back to haunt me!)

Can someone give me a lesson in quoting text and adding my name to the list? After a year I should probably be capable of doing it for myself...

Excited!

Bottom right of the post - hover your mouse over and a "quote" button comes up. Click on it - then a pop up window comes up confirming. 

Then when writing click on the " button (5 to the right of the smiley button) 

• And as for lists, its easier to copy into word and paste back.......or experience the wrath of the Fairy if you stuff it up image

Participants:
    Barley
    Blisters
    Cupcake
    funkin
    Garr
    GingerG
    Goblin Princess
    Higher Leap
    Hope
    Jamie Tardi
    Little Sister
    MedicGirl
    Meldy
    OrangeCannon
    Raf

• Rafiki wrote (see)

And as for lists, its easier to copy into word and paste back.......or experience the wrath of the Fairy if you stuff it up image

Thanks for that, Raf, but there is no need to copy lists into word and back.

Highlight text, right click, select 'copy', then right click 'paste' in your reply

• Participants:
    Barley
    Blisters
    Cupcake
    funkin
    Garr
    GingerG
    Goblin Princess
    Higher Leap
    Hope
    Jamie Tardi
    Little Sister
    MedicGirl
    Meldy
    Mr Z
    OrangeCannon
    Raf

permission to play granted  image

• Pop-Up Schmunks - The List Fairy wrote (see)
    Rafiki wrote (see)

And as for lists, its easier to copy into word and paste back.......or experience the wrath of the Fairy if you stuff it up image

Thanks for that, Raf, but there is no need to copy lists into word and back.

Highlight text, right click, select 'copy', then right click 'paste' in your reply

but if you do that, depending which OS you use, it can either remove all spaces, or add in extra one and then you'd get in trouble image (unless RW Towers have fixed that.....but I think we can all guess the answer to that one!?!)

• Participants:
    Barley
    Blisters
    Cupcake
    Ferret
    funkin
    Garr
    GingerG
    Goblin Princess
    Higher Leap
    Hope
    Jamie Tardi
    Little Sister
    MedicGirl
    Meldy
    Mr Z
    OrangeCannon
    Raf

• Here we go again ........I'm in 

Participants:

Barley

Blisters

Cpt.Jacksparra

Cupcake

Ferret

funkin

Garr

GingerG

Goblin Princess

Higher Leap

Hope

Jamie Tardi

Little Sister

MedicGirl

Meldy

Mr Z

OrangeCannon

Raf

• This is a good list considering we have not had to set Meldy on anyone yet.

Looking forward to this one!

• Good list indeed, roll up, roll up.

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Well, I would put my name down but I'm having a year off next year. image

• Would this be a good first Ironman to do ?, (I'm trembling while contemplating it)

• Is there a good first Ironman to do?  What consitutes a good first Ironman?

Nice isnt an 'easy' bike course but none are 'easy', there are courses which are more forgiving if you 'wing' the training but if you prepare well then France is as doable as any other IM.

If youre looking your first Ironman to have the full on big race feel, exotic location, well established event, excellent organisation and great support, good weather then Nice has all that.

• I think whatever IM you decide to do first will be special to you, because it was your first. 

IMW was mine and I still bang on about how amazing it was and it's a freaking b*stard of a course and it finished in the tail end of a hurricane. 

With the IM brand though you get all the bells and whistles that makes it feel extra special image

• I think I would like the course to start at the top of a hill and finish at the bottom, oh and have a bus take me and the bike to the start line image

I'm sweating while penciling it into my diary (faintly)

• Iron Pingu wrote (see)

I think whatever IM you decide to do first will be special to you, because it was your first. 

IMW was mine and I still bang on about how amazing it was and it's a freaking b*stard of a course and it finished in the tail end of a hurricane. 

With the IM brand though you get all the bells and whistles that makes it feel extra special image

+1 - the IM brand may be over priced / hyped - but it's definately worth it for your first one! They certainly put on a  show! Plus any IM is much easier with the pirates as you get a huge emotional boost every few minutes when you see another soul in yellow and black!

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

very few races can match that IM feeling - only Challenge Roth and perhaps Outlaw have come close to it.  Roth probably outdoes IM  frankly - it's quite an amazing finish area and race  - and Outlaw is good but it's low key in comparison to IM.

I haven't done IMF but supported in 2008 and I would say for a 1st IM then it's probably up there with Wales, Switzerland, Austria and Germany for atmosphere.

• Iron Pingu wrote (see)

Oh and don't we know it!! image

I watched a youtube clip of the finish shute at Henley last year and there were 2 people supporting!! Not quite the same as an IM finish!!