exercise videos / DVDs

Can anyone recommend any exercise videos or DVDs for my wife who will be wanting to get back in to shape after childbirth. she's tried a few in the past but got bored with them quickly.

Comments

• Steve
    take her out running with you
    Much more fun
  • I will she's keen to take up running again. but im trying to find ideas for xmas pressies
  • oooooh well

Dont know any specifics, but yoga/pilates type stuff might be appropriate if shs just had a baby
  • i think the nell mcandrew one 'peak energy' is great for those days when its just to horrible to run. its pretty intense though but does really give you a feeling of haveing worked out. some of the others are a bit too easy. also good are the tae bo series, they go from beginners to advanced and arn't like most aerobics sessions. personally i think that yoga nd pilates are great exercise but better done with an instructor at first so you know you are getting it right.
    merry christmas to ya, one and all!
  • I've seen the Cindy Crawford vid all the way through. Dunno about the benefits - but its great to watch from the sofa ! ;-)

Steve - I'd see if she can get to a local class - that way she gets out of the house, and it's easier to be motivated in a group.

Also - you can't really exercise straightaway after the baby. The instructors will know more though.
  • Yep I'll second the Cidy Crawford one. Went round to a mates house with beer to watch it when it first came out
  • Sorry - we are no good are we ?

Y plan was good for a bit I think. Hard to keep track with all the latest ones !
  • Don't know if it is of any use but I'm eyeing up the New York City Ballet Workout DVDs. I haven't tried them (obviously) but they come highly recommended. You can read some user comments here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005AMF1/qid=1069937084/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_11_1/026-8691339-4682803
  • Thanks for your replies everyone will investigate your suggestions when Ive more time. (Mother and Baby are just back from hospital)
  • what did you have Steve?
  • Its a girl we named her Emma. Emma and her Mum are both doing fine.
    got to go out and take her 2 big brothers swimming now.
  • Congratulations Steve.

• awwwwwwwwwww
    a little girl
  • Thanks mr silly and Hippo in Training.

I ordered a DVD on exercising after pregnancy and some other bits from Amazon for my wifes xmas pressies but when I got the confirmation they had been sent realised its all gone to my old address. hope I get it all back.
  • i hope your wife appreciates you
  • Elle McPeharson's The body workout is a good one.