RIP Iain "M" Banks

Great author. I loved his sci-fi culture books.

Very sad.

Comments

• Loved all of his books.

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Me too, ever since the wasp factory, met him once. I think someone has already said that Scotland's lost two great writers.

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Yes met him at a couple of signings. 

• dead author. seemed a nice bloke. he wrote an excellent book about malt whisky.

• my ex-girlfriend was in the stage version of The Wasp Factory, playing the lead character. which was a strange experience for me.

•  

I loved The Wasp Factory and The Bridge. He lost me when he became M Banks and started on the sci fi stuff. I'm sure he had another book I loved too but can't remember since it was nearly 30 years ago. Let me look on t'internet.

• Yes. Walking on Glass, Canal Dreams and Espedair Street. By '92 and The Crow Road I'd lost interest. Loved his early books though. Great writer. 

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Espedair St? Complicity was good too. I always found something to enjoy in the culture books.

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

X post, yes walking on glass was amazing, agree about the crow road too.

• Espedair Street was about a record shop. A bit like that one they made into a film by Nick Hornby.

• Oh hang on . Long time since I read it. About music industry anyway.

• Espedair Street - about Weir, D. - the drummer form the band! One of my top ten fav books!! A great loss !!

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Bass player. I think. He said at the time that Frozen Gold were supposed to be bigger than Fleetwood Mac.

• Great writer - sad loss

• image A genius and is a great loss.

the dude abides wrote (see)

dead author. seemed a nice bloke. he wrote an excellent book about malt whisky.

I look that book if anyone ever likes his books or likes a drink buy it interesting reading for both. image

• Yeah, I saw him at a book signing once. I liked the Culture books. And "The Business"

• Sad day in our house.  Can't believe there'll be no more Culture.  Loved The Bridge as well though.

• Just finished reading The Business.