Sunday Session

Greetings All,
stunned that I'm the first to post in this thread today (considering it's 12:30PM), everyone must be racing or having a decent Sunday snooze!

Got up early to get my long run in before the GNR on the telly. What an amazing event! Congrats to all who took part. Sonia O'Sullivan ran an incredible race, awesome and the battle in the mens race between Yuda and Kosgei was classic, they were flying, confirmed by Kosgei's first ever sub-60 minute half on British soil, incredible stuff. MAkes me feel very humble about posting the following....

What: 15 miler
Why: Sunday long run
Last hard run: today
Last rest day: Friday

Comments

• what: 18 1/2 miles (2 hrs 38) easyish if there is such a thing.
    why: Long run
    last hard: Wed
    last rest: Friday

• HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I too enjoyed watching the GNR. Hope everyone who did it today had a good run. It looked like an amazing atmosphere.

What: 5 mile recovery run and swim 50x25m
    Why: Multi terrain 1/2M yesterday
    Last rest: Sat
    Last Hard: yesterday.
  • Was out racing so didn't see the GNR. Will watch the highlights at teatime. Anyone see any forumites on TV?

Today: Wimbledon 10 race. Not very high expectations, as a very hilly course, so expecting 72 - 73 minutes. Had a stormer and finished in 68:21! Full race report to appear on Events shortly...
  • Saw a little on the telly after my run and before taking midge1 to his first XC race (he finished 11th) no blue vests - will try the hi-lights.

what 9m slow
    why long run in schedule to replace yesterday's failure to stick to schedule
    last hard - today
    last rest - Friday

legs feel v tired as my Sat plan of 7 miles didn't happen and turned into 2.5M up and down hills. So todays gentle day changed into a long run. Which I tried to push and found I couldn't - but that turned it into hard work.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    What : Alton Downland 10k (report to follow on events forum)
    Why : Race

Last hard : today
    Last rest : Friday

Taped GNR highlights from BBC so I'm watching that later and looking out for forumites.
  • What: 22.5 km on treadmill as missed the boat this am and there are not many options for running in the dark here in Turkey other than on cruciating concrete (not even tarmac!).

Why: Two weeks to go to Amsterdam half so key session

Last hard: Friday's tempo run
    Last rest day: Thursday
  • o What: Nothing
    o Why: Had to work today (from 6am onwards) plus recovering from Friday..

o Last hard: Friday - only four miles but went for it too hard (for breaking-in purposes) on a brand new pair of Adidas; the run itself wasn't hard, but I ache like buggery now! Must remember to be gentler when breaking in new shoes! (Does anyone else get this if they don't break them in gradually enough?)
    o Last rest: Today
  • what: steady 44 minute run (probably about 6.3 miles or so) over varying terrain (grass, sandstone, linear country park, road etc) and with a few climbs. Legs felt reasonably lively.
    A v nice sunset over Wales as I climbed Thurstaston Hill.....
    why: didn't feel up for a speed endueance session - will do that Tue

last hard day: Fri
    last rest day: Thu
  • What: Mixed 2 hour session including short sprints, jogging, walking and running backwards.
    Why: First refereeing of the season, and the match went to extra time!!!
    Last Hard: Last Sunday, Windsor 1/2
    Last Rest: Yesterday

GFB
  • What: 13.1 mile training run at about 10:40 minute mile pace on average.
    Why: Couldn't race properly with 47,000 people all on the same stretch of road.
    Last hard day: Probably today.
    Last rest day: Yesterday.
  • What: 9 mile steady (just under 10 min mile pace)
    Why: Sunday long (for me!) run
    Last hard day: Friday
    Last rest day: Saturday

Happy Shambler!