Running a marathon in a marathon plan?

Hello,

one of my friends has asked me to run with him a marathon in 2 weeks. I have just started training for my 3d marathon and I am currently in the 2nd week of my 16 week plan.

i ran a marathon last spring and I know I have to work on my endurance to improve my time (Pb: 3h21). Is it a good idea or should I keep following my training plan?

thanks in advance for your advice,

Roddie

Comments

• If you don't want to do it and you can say you'd rather support him then that's much more sensible; if you think it's a tell more than an ask, then say yes and fake a limp halfway round and pull out image

But there's a reason marathon training plans don't have a full marathon in week 2... long way, takes it out of you (at best!).

• JeremyGJeremyG ✭✭✭

Depends what you are up to on your long runs and how fast he wants to go. If you are up to around 20 and could do 3:45-4 pace you should be ok. If not go and support - you don't really want to jeopardise your chance of a pb by doing too much too soon just as a favour.

• Sounds silly to me. You would hinder your mate too unless he's a lot slower than you.
  • No no no.