Kent Roadrunner Marathon 2014

13»

Comments

• Thanks andyp, felt bit under par but hey often happens at end of big training stint!

Loved the skylarks singing me along and the encouragement from Matt running route in reverse!

Emmy, saw you with guy on grass verge...hope he was ok.
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Annie - I checked on the facebook page and the RDs confirmed that all those overcome by the heat were able to get home without the need of a hospital.

Its times like saturday that make me very grateful that i'm trained in first aid and restored my faith in humanity a little when so many people stopped and offered to help. Some people root for times - others were so willing to forego the time to help another runner out.

• oops double post

Great that everyone recovered ok, it was really hot but great for spectators.
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

My first time doing this race and whilst I found the heat very hard to deal with, the race itself is great.  Fab organisation, great support - thank you to the guys who shouted "Come on Wales" every time I went over the timing mats!  Even though I am definitely a lover of cold, wet races, I'd be tempted to do this one again.

And Emmy - thanks for the much needed cuddle at the end image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    yer maj wrote (see)

And Emmy - thanks for the much needed cuddle at the end image

I do anything for a cuddle image

• An excellent race again, I don't like running in the heat but managed a 6 minute PB so can't complain. And coincidentally I finished in exactly the same position as last year! I've only done 2 marathons, this year's and last year's KRR, and the organisation is just so good I'm sure if I do a different one I'll be comparing it to TZ's efforts!

Ian and his team certainly know how to put on an event.