Tuesday 25th November

Ha!

Morning all.
This evening I shall be going to my club for speedwork. How about you?

Have fun.

Comments

• Tomorrow I shall mostly be rising early for a 25 mile bike ride, in the evening I shall be going along to my running club for a tempo run of 6-7 miles.

Goodnight
  • Swerve, I wrote those lyrics ;-)

What: am, 4M done, pm 5000m track session possibly 1000's

Why: introducing speedwork

Last rest: 8 days
    Last hard: 7 days

Have fun all & train well.
  • I shall mostly be going to my running club for a pint :-(

Thats all I can manage at the mo >:-(
  • morning all

what:today i will be doing intervals on gym treadmill
    why:attempting to rebuild previous ability

and:if no rain may go for easy 4 miler this afternoon!

right put down my branflakes, off the pc and take kids to school.Alla Arnold Schwazenneger(spelt wrongly) "I'll be back"
    tiaxx
  • Morning,
    Very happy today, managed 50mins last night without any knee pain. Hopefully be racing again in a couple of weeks.

What: Swim
    Why: Don't want to over-do the knee
    Last hard: Monday
    Last Rest: Friday
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning one and all!

what:club run so most probably some kind of speed work involved
    why:a bit of variety for the club, but for me personally I'm just sharpening for Sunday's race

Have a good day!
  • Morning All,

Laura, ah...hill reps, lovely, NOT! People are threatening to start a Thursday hill rep session so please let me have some good excuses asap ;-)

What: 10M undulating fartlek run, which has somehow recently been grotesquely transformed into 3x3M starting 'steady' and building to stupid pace with 10 sec jog recoveries. It's not nice, make the nasty man stop it!
    Why: It's a 'quality' session much as the Spanish Inquisition was a 'quality' idea.
    Last hard run: Sunday
    Last rest day: Friday
  • G'morning!

What: Easyish 6 with club 400m runner (!) at lunchtime.
    Why: Keeping things easy in build up to Sunday's race
    Last rest: yesterday
    Last hard: Sat

Enjoy!

• Morning all,

What: 9 miles jog done, 5 at lunchtime and 13 tonight
    Why: weight loss and aerobic base building
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: 20 days

Have a good one
  • morning all

5M done

going for a 'running gait analysis' at lunchtime, should be interesting!

have a good day everyone
  • 7 slow miles done
    ouch
  • BodBod ✭✭✭
    9m in 6 + 3 with a 15min break tonight

Why - Club night

Last rest 10 days
  • Morning! Good gym session last night - made a really nice change after the soaking on sunday!

Tonight - club session 6-7 miles...in the rain again by the sounds of things

Why - build some mileage ahead of Thanet 10 miler next week

Last hard - Sunday
    Last rest - Saturday

Going to try REALLY hard to get up tomorrow just for a short run!

Where are you going for your gait analysis Snail?
  • Morning everyone:

Today: attempted to get out of bed early, failed, so I'm going to run home from work (2.7 miles)
    Why: meeting people for dinner tonight, so can't run this evening. And I wouldn't want to build up the mileage too fast now would I anyway?
    Last hard: 6 days ago
    Last rest: Thursday

Enjoy your club sessions everyone!
  • Good Luck Snail with the gait analysis < thinks this should be interesting challenge, snails have 1 foot and no legs>. Well done Hippo, after 7 miles you can drop the humungous bit (unless hangover refers).

MM that does sound a bit too drastic for me...I suggest you find a ball and chain for your leader.

What : ca 9 miles fartlek of 3min hard 3 min jog with a bit of warmup/cooldown.
    Why @ Missing club speed session due to need to take daughter out for Birthday meal and need some speed before w/e 10k
    last hard : last Tues?
    last rest : Mon
  • MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Hi folks,

Actually had a good night's sleep last night after nearly a week of 'hyperactive mind syndrome' - not quite insomnia, but not far off. A glass of red wine before bed worked wonders!

What: 3 miles with HRM (haven't felt like wearing it on the last two runs) so keeping below 70%.
    Why: I don't run easy enough without the HRM - pace gradually creeps up.
    Last hard: All last week when exhaustion set in.
    Last rest: All weekend to recover from said exhaustion.

Have a good day everyone.
  • Increased mileage + increased intensity + insufficient calories + cold weather + workstress + family stress = low energy state.

This feels grim.

Going to have a cutback week.
    6 very slow miles today.

• Morning all

Just getting light, clear sky and -5 degrees with no wind. Lovely (honest)

What - 2-3 mile warm up, 6 x 1000m reps, with 3 minute recoveries, then warm down.
    Why - schedule says so
    Last hard - yesterday. Which means that today´s session is going to be fun.

Didn´t mean to do a hard run yesteray but went up to our local ski slopes with some friends in the afternoon - slopes aren´t yet open, but there is some snow, so we spent a couple of hours walking up/snowboarding down - which is blooming hard work!

Then I ran home from the ski slopes because it seemed like a good idea at the time. 10 kilometres, mostly on steep tarmac. And there were a few dodgy looking cars around on the mountain roads that lead up to the ski slope (dunno why.. affairs? drug deals? One stopped next to me and then shot off in the other direction, which was a bit scary)... it´s all very remote up there so I ran all the way into our town at some speed!
  • sfh legs
    im getting fatter
    running is obviously bad for one!
  • Morning all,

What: 5m on the treadmill (2 miles @tempo) amd maybe a swim this afternoon.

Why: BT but needed the 'lift' of pacey running

Last rest: 6 days ago
    Last hard: 23 days ago
    7 day cumulative mileage: 32m

Today marks the end of my 6th week of base training. I reckon this is the most consistent period of running I may have ever done, certainly for the last 10 years anyway. I feel a lot stronger for it.

Total mileage over the 6 weeks is 182m and I've lost 4 lbs down from 157 to 153.

I'm thinking that I'll start to include 1 tempo run per week, as I pushed it a little today and it felt good.

• Morning everyone.

What: am 4 miles easy running done, pm 1 hour easy cycling.
    Why: Scheduled
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Last rest: Sunday
  • Morning.

What: 2km warm up on treadmill, Squash game v. hard, hoping for a nice 5-8 mile run later once ive woken.

Why: Squash is a good hard workout, running needs to make a slow increase in mileage.

Last Hard: Yesterdays 5k intervals and todays squash.

Last Rest: Saturday

Push ups today: 150
    push ups todate: 800
  • Morning,

what: done 8m steady, weights later
    why: lots of easy paced running recently, wanted to stretch my legs a bit
    last hard: Thursday
    last rest: 4 days

Last night's 6m didn't happen because of a minor crisis at work. Bit dissappointing, but then if I had run last night I wouldn't have been able to go as hard this morning. Still missing out on double days though - won't be able to manage one today either. Bring on tomorrow!

Have a good day everyone.
  • Hi
    I'm back from the gym
    What: (2 min 10.5kmph, 3 min 11.5) X4 and then (2 min 10.5kmph, 3 min 12.0) X2
    =30 mins over 5.3km
    Did some lower body strengthening then abs
    So now I MUST EAT!!!

Happy running
    tiaxx
  • morning all

wet here, but a bit milder at least

what: session with Wirral AC runners. If the 3 week cycle continues, this week is likely to feature a brutal 6 mile handicap "tempo" (tempo my @rse) run

why: it's Tuesday

last hard day: Fri
    last rest day: Mon
  • Well, didn't do my speed session in the end as the route I chose for my run was covered in big stretches of bulletproof ice. And coupled with the fact that I ache so much from my little project yeterday ... I decided that tomorrow would be a better day.

So I did 7-8 miles at a variety of paces off road and only fell over once. What a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky and still -5. Didn't wear thermal 'legs' and now have bright pink pins as a result!
  • Cloud is decending on London once again! I think I might invest in a better waterproof top this weekend!
  • Fat Face, what's up? At any rate, hope it gets better.

Snail, there's a point, if they recommend you buy two trainers you'll know they're not very observant.

Lynne, cutback week sounds about right, so does eat something.

What: absolutely nothing, as (not surprisingly) can't really walk. Day 2 of eating wheat not taking anti-inflams. I could forgive it perhaps if it would leave my temper intact, but it doesn't so it's been a pretty miserable couple of days. ETA return of sanity and mobility, Thursday.

Hope springs eternal, even when it would be far simpler if it didn't. Don't suppose I'll actually learn anything, but there's always a chance, so I do it.

• afternoon all

What: 10 miles
    why: mileage building

have a good day everybody
  • I'm back again
    Felt sooo good from this mornings session that i sauntered outdoors and did a 4 mile easy run. No special plans just run how i felt, for time i wanted.
    Very enjoyable, and only had a few spots of rain!

Tomorrow will definately be a total rest day as i'm sure i'll feel bu@@erd later!
    tiaxx