How do you know when you are ill?

For me it always starts with a craving for hot chocolate.  If I dont get the craving then I only have a slight snuffle that will irritate me for a few days but won't amount to much.  But hot chocolate means that I will have at least a day in bed (or wishing I was in bed).

Comments

• my health is not in question

• Running to the bog and exploding from both ends!! 

But that's proper ill.

got a pesky cold/snuffles at the moment but still hasn't stopped me training image

• If I can't eat then I am seriously ill! It doesn't happen often.

• i eat more

• I stop rabbiting - but if I stop eating it must be really serious!

• I can't get a hardon

• I can sing higher notes when I'm about to get a sore throat/cold sort of illness - can always tell when I will shortly lose my voice because it gets a lot better than normal for a few days before.  Strange.

• Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)

I can't get a hardon

TMI...image

I usually get what feels like palpitations about 10 days before I develop a cough. Weird.

• How do I know when I'm ill!?

Easy, I feel like total shit!

The problem here I feel is that a lot of people feel like shit most of the time so can't tell the difference.

• I think it depends on how 'bad' it is. If I start crying at anything/everything then I know it's a virus. If i'm just tired then it's a cold.

• *touch wood* I don't tend to get ill that often. When I do, it's generally a watered down version of the latest bug to be brought home from school by one of my kids, so usually some form of nausea is the precursor.

• Steven O'Donoghue 3 wrote (see)
    Madbee wrote (see)
    I can sing higher notes when I'm about to get a sore throat/cold sort of illness - can always tell when I will shortly lose my voice because it gets a lot better than normal for a few days before.  Strange.

Sounds like overtraining Doesnt it. that brief feeling of huge improvement that makes us push harder then produces a below par performance when it counts, or maybe that is just this newbie.

It does a bit doesn't it.  Although I am too lazy to have experienced overtraining when it comes to running, so can't say for certainimage