Hadrian's Wall 2014

1101112131416»

Comments

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

MSTH: brilliant well done image 

• What an amazing experience ! Hats off to all those that competed, those that tried, still a great effort, those that did it all in one go, I am in awe! I was completely shattered after 32 miles, you guys are amazing. I met so many lovely people, big that for the lift this morning Alan and Linda and the antisun. So many friendly peeps at the finish. And what a brilliantly organised event from ratrace. My first ultra. Even if I did only do the light weight 2 day version.

My wonderful charity, if anyone is dealing generous is Leukemia and Lymphoma research which is very close to my heart as my dear Mum was diagnosed with Leukemia in November last year and is currently bravely fighting the good fight!

https://www.justgiving.com/Roger-Reid1/

Many thanks
  • Roger Reid. You are so humble. You are so inspiring and I am in awe of you and your achievement. Brilliant. I'll be sponsoring you when I can get out of bed to get my card! 

We are all winners, yadda yadda yadda and we are, seriously. But Roger s the Winner!!!!!!!

• Also, Cabbey so so sorry you're unwell and that you had to pull out. Luckily with these things there's is another opportunity. Health always comes first. It was lovely to meet you and your other half.

• Edinburghemma, you are too kind.  You are so right, there is always the next one, learn from it and plan for the next one. Hope everyone is not feeling too sore today! I had to jog across the road to avoid getting run over, forgetting how tender I was, wow, Little reminder! 

Whats everyone got next? I switch to mountain bike for rat races "the crossing" fun fun! 

• Awesome running everyone image

I'm a lot better today and will write a "woe is me" blog this week and post the linkimage Seriously, I have absolutely no regrets. I was quite poorly and didn't for one second regret pulling out. I did the right thing or I'd have been one of the people ending up on an IV drip in hospital.

I have huge respect for you all completing the challenge (one day or two). It was very hot.

Booktrunk, I wish I'd mentioned on here how cold it can feel on a night after running in the sun (it made a lot of people DNF at the 100 mile race I did) as I reckon a good warm top would have saved your race! I couldn't have got as far feeling as cold as you did... Amazing determination!
  • booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Thanks cabby image lesson learnt image 

• Well done everyone, sorry to hear you two had to stop, I nearly did at around 35, leg injury returned and started vomiting, I ran short of water afterwards and strangely enough it seemed to help me to straighten myself out, by the time the next aid station came I was thirsty as hell and ravenous hungry which helped me recover.

same again next year?

• Roger well done I see you won the 2 dayer - incredible  and your first ultra too, that's AMAZING 

• hi what an experience!! I had a goal to complete and I did , along the way chatting to some lovely folk, atmosphere was great only negative was the first half sun... not good for a ginger to be out even smothered in factor 50!... ha ha...I hope everyone is recovering and back to full hydration...even if the toenails are not quite right yet, enjoy your first run

anyone for next year?

• Thanks msth. Great run, you are right about the toenails Susan, I smashed 3, no blisters though, I really rate the asics marathon socks. I could do that again next year! Still not convince about doing it all in one shot;)
  • Good running Roger did see you hammer pass me..

Dont think I be doing it again think 3 times is plenty then again I said that last year.hope everone has recovered hope to get out saturday to get the cw100 training started.will be doing the chiltern challenge ultra in july 50k then my last run before the cotswolds way 100 is the night greenman ultra 46miles around bristol.may fit in a few trail marathons.

Good to hear the emotions you felt finishing more snail than hare & you Edinburghemma top girl & great company on friday night.how did kate get on ?? And hope lisa is ok you will be back stronger. . Good running
  • A fairly tall blond runner came through the pack of one-day runners I was with he was moving quickly and wore black with a number for the two dayer, he was at the front of the pack and whoever he was he needed to learn a few manners. No excuse for way he was barging through

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

One of them no idea who got me at a gate and slammed the gate into the back of my heel, whilst whoever was racing him climbed over the fence next to me... I mentioned it on the FaceBook group... so I agree with you runin man image

• Thanks blakester, it was a really enjoyable experience. I did catch up to some expert runners and went past a few at some gates, I certainly did not slam the gate into anyone and tried to get past as quickly and courteously as possible. I do remember jumping over at a gate once when it was bottlenecked but I was on my own most of the race and I am not blond but grey. I hope in any event I did not offend anyone and apologise if I did. Most of the time I was smiling and waving, more so on the second day as I found it a lot easier
  • Hi roger..when I said hammering past me I meant fast .sometimes the slower runners should let you past if u cant passed safely. I had 2 runners about 37miles up in the woods would not let me pass & I said can I come through please but they ignored me .but hey ho
  • booktrunk wrote (see)

One of them no idea who got me at a gate and slammed the gate into the back of my heel, whilst whoever was racing him climbed over the fence next to me... I mentioned it on the FaceBook group... so I agree with you runin man image

booktrunk wrote (see)

A little courtesy goes a long way

• Roger it was a pleasure talking to you in the pub after day one, and seeing you in the morning, And also getting to see you at the finish, even though you finished hours before me.  I had a wonderful two days of running, I actually ran with a guy called Andy for both of the days who was  fantastic.. We had a giggle with some other runners along the way which is why I love running,  great people , great scenery and keeping fit.

,My Alan kept popping up in different places taking photos and shouting encouragement  ,  Last year I couldn't run the event due to injury but Alan ran the race while I spectated with a lovely girl called Ruth, we popped up at every place shouting and clapping, so this year, it was such a fantastic surprise to see Ruth at the registration the day before as Ruth was doing the race in one day, a massive well done Ruth.

Weedy what a great surprise to see you again this year .

I was the one with what I have I done today to make myself feel proud, etc on the back of my t shirt. so sorry to anyone who heard me singing once or twice, I don't think I will  make x factor, I even scare the birds when I sing.  

Well done everyone

• Roger, I've just remembered I've forgotten to sponsor you!!!!! Sorry. Will do ASAP....when not bathing kids etc!

• I remember seeing you amster!!!!!great stuff!

• Blakester! Great to meet you too! Sorry only just getting on here again. Post maniac!

• Gutted for you Booktrunk, but lesson learned and make sure you have some warm stuff in your dropbag in August for the night section!

Also gutted for you Cabbey, but if you're ill, then pulling out is the best solution, besides, you nailed the TP earlier this year which was awesome.

MSTH - blubbing at the end of a race is my trademark!! It doesn't look good, but if it's how you feel, then let it flow! 

Congratulations all of you.

• Hi everyone,

I'm signed up to run The Wall on 20th June (2015). I myself will be running and my girlfriend very much wants to come and support me. I've emailed the customer service at Rat Race and they said that they will not be providing help in transporting spectators between pit stops/ from the beginning to the end.

I'm writing to ask anyone if they have any spectators driving between pit stops who my girlfriend could travel with. I would offer to pay for petrol.

This would mean so much to me and my girlfriend if anyone could help.

My email address is felixogdon@hotmail.co.uk